Have you ever thought that life is like a mobility scooter?

Started by Borchester, June 12, 2021, 12:03:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 12, 2021, 12:03:29 PM

In the meanwhile I have been at the receiving end of a shit stream of good advice from every well meaning, mechanical incompetent who could not find his or her own arse with both hands strapped behind their backs.

There are always a lot of those at motorcycle rallies. Usually the person who really does know what they are on about looks like Chewbacca in motorcycle leathers.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

I have got a new one and the pin securing the steering post doesn't work. So I have spent a day happily fiddling with it and realised that the best idea will be to replace the pin with a 8mm bolt, a butterfly nut and a couple of washers. This I have done and all is well.

In the meanwhile I have been at the receiving end of a shit stream of good advice from every well meaning, mechanical incompetent who could not find his or her own arse with both hands strapped behind their backs. So far the most intelligent comment has been from Poppy, the elderly and possibly senile Jack Russell from up the street who fixed me with her rheumy eyes and pissed in my coffee cup.

It is my belief that most problems either sort themselves out or rarely require much more than a bit of quiet thought. But that does not stop the rest of the world wanting to pitch in and go on and on about them
Algerie Francais !