GB news kicks off tonight

Started by cromwell, June 13, 2021, 03:05:53 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 28, 2021, 04:37:51 PM
Interesting content? It seems to be aimed at braindead daytime TV addicts.
That is a very nasty personal attack.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 28, 2021, 04:37:12 PM
A year older than your mental age? No wonder you hate it.

Barry such a nasty personal attack is not worth responding to.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 28, 2021, 04:36:04 PM
I haven't watched any other news channel since it started.
I'm particularly impressed with Dan Wooton, Andrew Neil, Alastair Stewart, Simon McCoy and Nana Akua.
As Smirf says, it's not news,
It is some news, opinion, current affairs, reactions, public opinions and interesting content.

Interesting content? It seems to be aimed at braindead daytime TV addicts.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 28, 2021, 04:32:02 PM
It has been and has remained as if it is aimed at people with a mental age of six.
A year older than your mental age? No wonder you hate it.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

I haven't watched any other news channel since it started.
I'm particularly impressed with Dan Wooton, Andrew Neil, Alastair Stewart, Simon McCoy and Nana Akua.
As Smirf says, it's not news,
It is some news, opinion, current affairs, reactions, public opinions and interesting content.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 28, 2021, 03:56:52 PM
What is — Neil taking a break so soon after the launch?

Just occurred to me, perhaps Piers Morgan is coming in (or taking over) in spite of Neil's reservations. Morgan would likely boost the audience...

It has been and has remained as if it is aimed at people with a mental age of six.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 28, 2021, 03:42:29 PM
Professionalism? It is very lacking in that.

What is — Neil taking a break so soon after the launch?

Just occurred to me, perhaps Piers Morgan is coming in (or taking over) in spite of Neil's reservations. Morgan would likely boost the audience...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 28, 2021, 03:32:40 PM
I guess it was exhausting launching GBN and trying to instil professionalism across the whole channel. But Andrew Neil is now taking a break from the "alternative news channel".   
What can we read into this — health issues, recuperation, or attempting to raise extra funding...?

Professionalism? It is very lacking in that.

patman post

I guess it was exhausting launching GBN and trying to instil professionalism across the whole channel. But Andrew Neil is now taking a break from the "alternative news channel".   
What can we read into this — health issues, recuperation, or attempting to raise extra funding...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 28, 2021, 02:50:57 PM
You wish

It is not a case of wish, the viewing numbers have dropped dramatically. I can't see the backers unscrewing their wallets for much longer.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 28, 2021, 12:52:50 PM
Judging by the extremely low and still dropping viewing numbers I suspect GB news will not exist for much longer.
You wish
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Judging by the extremely low and still dropping viewing numbers I suspect GB news will not exist for much longer.

Sheepy

You see I remember one of our right honourable members saying how politicians need to be more careful since the like of Guido Fawkes had entered the arena, not that they needed to take a new outlook just be more careful, when the Establishment get their knickers in a twist over a news channel offering different opinions maybe, it seems more a case of it needs to be tamed before it starts.
Not that my opinion counts for much, not being all powerful or anything, just a little old nobody typing on his computer like everyone else.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 20, 2021, 07:00:17 AM

ACTUALLY

I said SOME PEOPLE have commented that he is too much a woke lefty for their taste

I finally got to listen to him three days ago. Having both a job AND a life means I have more important things to do than listen to news programmes

After 90 seconds of listening to his bullshit that we need to force our way back onto the roads, trains and buses and return to four hour commutes to an office I turned him off and posted a comment that his view was absurd, that far from cramming the roads trains buses and cities with commuters, all who WANT to work from home should be applauded for reducing the commuter congestion. After all, the only people who benefit from insane office commutes are Saddo Khan and Property Developers both of whom I'd pay to watch go bust.

My post was declined for being too "ableist".

I posted another post asking what "ableist" meant. That was deleted without a response.
The main thrust of your post itself illustrates very well the very problem with GB News re bias. Instead of a neutral presenter arbitrating between differing views from differing guests, the presenter himself is ramming his opinions down your throat. Anyone who disagrees with with whatever he is ranting will like you quickly depart. whilst those who agree with the rant will lap it up. Thus rather than news it merely ends up serving as an acho chamber for those who agree with the line being pushed in advance. That is overt bias in a form Fox News viewers would recognise. I don't think this enriches our news media at all. Indeed we risk a proliferating number of outlets pushing opinions rather than reporting facts.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2021, 09:07:40 PM
Today I watched a very good and balanced discussion about trans issues by Andrew Doyle.
Andrew Neil has been discussing whether the 800,000 Scots living in England should have a vote in any Indyref2 election. (As long as they are over 16, of course).

Funniest thing was Nicola Sturgeon commenting on Andy Burnham:
They provided subtitles in English.
  :)
Don't know why,the term wanker used by almost any nationality would be easily understood. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?