papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 14, 2021, 09:23:17 AM
Of course it is Pappy.

Mmh, have you actually watched it?

Yes, watching it now.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on June 14, 2021, 07:03:53 AM
It seems that many of the usual right wing suspects here are looking forward to and hoping for a news channel that tells them what the want to hear. A kind of British Fox News. It remains to be seen whether or not they will be disappointed.
It seems the usual left wing suspect here sees conspiracy and threats everywhere whilst of course championing the right to free speech.......as long as it suits.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on June 14, 2021, 09:15:23 AM
It seems there are occasions when only I camera is allowed,this goes in to a pool and is used by the BBC,sky and itv......apparently the Beeb are trying to get gob newsbarredftom this pool though they are now denying it.......nice eh?
So I heard, funny thing is Andrew Neil worked for the BBC for decades and became disenchanted with its woke agenda, which they deny even exists, I bet anyone with half a brain could point out thousands of examples that it does.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 14, 2021, 08:55:24 AM
What anger?  It was obvious it was going to be a right wing propaganda channel from the day it was announced.
Thus far it is more rubbish than I expected.

Of course it is Pappy.

Mmh, have you actually watched it?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 14, 2021, 09:02:31 AM
You mean somebody might actually openly denounce the EU in the UK, shock and horror.

There has been bugger all in the way of news so far.

cromwell

It seems there are occasions when only 1 camera is allowed,this goes in to a pool and is used by the BBC,sky and itv......apparently the Beeb are trying to get gb news barred from  this pool though they are now denying it.......nice eh?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 14, 2021, 08:55:24 AM
What anger?  It was obvious it was going to be a right wing propaganda channel from the day it was announced.
You mean somebody might actually openly denounce the EU in the UK, shock and horror.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 14, 2021, 08:49:57 AM

A pro Brexit TV channel? Is that even legal? Free speech can only be allowed to those who know how to exercise it ie, Remainers. No wonder that you are so angry Pappy.  :) :)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 14, 2021, 07:48:33 AM
Who it is backed by it a bit of a clue:-

It appears I cannot copy and paste from the link:-

https://pressgazette.co.uk/pro-brexit-funders-back-gb-news-as-it-recruits-120-journalists-and-secures-60m-funding/

Hence this campaign:-

A pro Brexit TV channel? Is that even legal? Free speech can only be allowed to those who know how to exercise it ie, Remainers. No wonder that you are so angry Pappy.  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

I haven't watched it yet, maybe if I get a few moments later, I am smiling though, the Left are convinced I read on the internet and in fear it will be all right thinking, the right is hoping it will be right wing to counter all the left wing, or in other words they want political propaganda instead of real news, funny old-world Andrew Neil.

T00ts

So far I have switched it on 3 times. I watched the opening programme last night. I got to the point that I wanted to throw something at the screen. I tried again later but again got bored and this morning early found the delivery and the black set difficult, particularly with the black presenter centre who seemed to disappear into the background.

Perhaps I am generally fed up with news/debate. There was little that I haven't heard before. Maybe I am too harsh and over time they will up their game but I don't need to watch them still rehearsing.

papasmurf

It seems that many of the usual right wing suspects here are looking forward to and hoping for a news channel that tells them what the want to hear. A kind of British Fox News. It remains to be seen whether or not they will be disappointed.

Who it is backed by it a bit of a clue:-

It appears I cannot copy and paste from the link:-

https://pressgazette.co.uk/pro-brexit-funders-back-gb-news-as-it-recruits-120-journalists-and-secures-60m-funding/

Hence this campaign:-

johnofgwent

I just want a change from the biased bullshit corporation
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

It's very Sky News at the moment. Will see how it pans out contents wise.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.