GB news kicks off tonight

Started by cromwell, June 13, 2021, 03:05:53 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Somebody say teething troubles !! OMG
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on June 14, 2021, 10:35:36 PM
I have tried again tonight with a brand new tv (it didn't help) and is it really a news channel? They are simply not professional enough to put over what they are trying to convey.  They are still in rehearsal mode, the sound is abysmal, the reporters incoherent, and why would someone start their show by apologising for all the things that might go wrong?  Talk about tempting fate! You only have one chance to make a good impression. There is a lot of goodwill that they are just throwing to the wind.

Try this Toots. The technical quality is subject to improvement but I dare say they will get there in the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSdqKfUdmHs
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 15, 2021, 01:50:05 PMTom Harwood

That is not saying much he worked for Guido Fawkes for several years.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I think it is Tom Harwood who is most left leaning.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2021, 11:20:42 AM
Left wing? You must be joking.  He was executive editor of The Sun newspaper. In 2007, he joined the News of the World. In 2013, he joined The Sun on Sunday and became editor of the Bizarre column the following year.

I've never heard of him

I merely observed the fact the fan base on ARSEbook consider him a lefty T@@@ in need of a dressing down from Andrew. Or maybe they're being ironic. I have not heard of him or seen any output with him (yet).
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 15, 2021, 11:13:35 AMDan Wooton

Left wing? You must be joking.  He was executive editor of The Sun newspaper. In 2007, he joined the News of the World. In 2013, he joined The Sun on Sunday and became editor of the Bizarre column the following year.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on June 15, 2021, 10:44:07 AM
Sky launched over 30 years ago. There have been quite a few TV channels opening up in the UK since then — some even presenting news. Maybe my expectations of an Andrew Neil-run operation are too high but, whatever the excuses, I believe GBN needs to become technically more polished, less talking head in its presentation and just better in giving us news....

Yes and I remember BBC Breakfast TV, Good Morning with Anne Diamond and countless gaffes on various satellite channels. Hell my fax machine ran out of paper at one point after I added my office fax machine to the online automated satellite fault reporting system.

They've been on air a day.

I've noticed a while load of techie issues.

But complaining (not you, the "troll base" on the fan site) that an OB reporter is drowned out by some bastard firing up a sports ground tannoy musak system at full volume the moment they start their OB just adds to the thought "the bastard's did that deliberately"

Time will tell.

The question for me is will they have fixed those my next week, or next month at the latest.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: B-4 on June 15, 2021, 07:52:39 AM
On every social issue the majority are bordering on the far-left, but like Labour, they will support the cash.  This is why the far-left attempt to disown The BBC/Guardian when challenged, because it supported Blair over Corbyn.

I doubt GB News will be supporting either, which will hopefully mean less nausea. :)

Who is Dan Wooton ? He seems a little too left wing for the fan base

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on June 14, 2021, 09:21:19 PM
Oh blimey not even been going 24 hours and people writing it off,I remember sky first starting up ......pretty abysmal and the breakfast TV too,the grauniad is calling it partisan and of course the grauniad is totally impartial and without bias,they say it won't last a year. ::)
Sky launched over 30 years ago. There have been quite a few TV channels opening up in the UK since then — some even presenting news. Maybe my expectations of an Andrew Neil-run operation are too high but, whatever the excuses, I believe GBN needs to become technically more polished, less talking head in its presentation and just better in giving us news....
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: B-4 on June 15, 2021, 08:17:05 AM

I don't see a problem.

I do, it appears to be same old, same old but dumbed down.  I wasted several hours of my life watching it.

B-4

I reported srb for derailing and trolling as part of its unprovoked attacks and unfounded claims.  I'll return when the thread is on topic.

B-4

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2021, 08:00:26 AM
Frankly that is rubbish. Serious social issues hardly ever get addressed or even reported on any British TV news outlet.
Which frankly is scandalous.
What are these serious social issues that went unaddressed?  I ask because these things are often subjective, and I can easily put the shoe on the other foot: 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-guardian/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bbc/

The claim that they're Left-Centre or Left Leaning. This is most likely built upon an average and not by specific coverage (the separation of economic and social, for example). If GB News is merely Right Leaning then why the outrage? On many things they'll probably overlap, but since the BBC are well known for their selective reporting (ignoring serious issues) whilst the Guardian remains largely discredited, it will be nice if GB News picks up the slack.

I don't see a problem.

papasmurf

Quote from: B-4 on June 15, 2021, 07:52:39 AM
On every social issue the majority are bordering on the far-left,

Frankly that is rubbish. Serious social issues hardly ever get addressed or even reported on any British TV news outlet.
Which frankly is scandalous.

B-4

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2021, 07:40:57 AM
Far left propaganda? You must be joking. The vast majority of British TV news channels are right or far right.
If I want to find out what is actually happening in Britain I have to watch foreign TV news.
On every social issue the majority are bordering on the far-left, but like Labour, they will support the cash.  This is why the far-left attempt to disown The BBC/Guardian when challenged, because it supported Blair over Corbyn.

I doubt GB News will be supporting either, which will hopefully mean less nausea. :)

papasmurf

Quote from: B-4 on June 15, 2021, 07:26:06 AM
As far as I can tell, GB News has no interest in replacing far-left propaganda

Far left propaganda? You must be joking. The vast majority of British TV news channels are right or far right.
If I want to find out what is actually happening in Britain I have to watch foreign TV news.