GB news kicks off tonight

Started by cromwell, June 13, 2021, 03:05:53 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

I see GBN's Dan Wooton is amazed "how little coverage last night's vote to extend the current lockdown and pushing back Freedom Day by a month has received........   

"I think it's important to share some of their words about why restrictions should not continue beyond this 21 June."

https://www.gbnews.uk/shows/dan-wootton-im-amazed-how-little-coverage-the-vote-to-extend-covid-lockdown-has-received/106719 

Maybe it's as the opinion polls indicate: ie, a substantial majority of people asked are in favour of restrictions continuing, and branding them as scared dupes (of whatever ogre critics imagine is bullying the population into submission) hasn't changed their opinions...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2021, 12:12:46 PM
I have just emailed Andrew Neil about where is the voice for the marginalised because there is no sign at all of it.
You might just as well have written it on a piece of paper, folded it into a paper airplane and thrown it out of the nearest window for all the good that will do.

Gobby Bullshit News couldn't care less about the marginalised. And will take zero notice of your email.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 18, 2021, 12:01:38 PM
No one disputes Andrew Neil's qualities as an interviewer — the clip is from his time at the BBC. Reservations over GBN involve its technical performance and programming with regard to it stated mission...

I have just emailed Andrew Neil about where is the voice for the marginalised because there is no sign at all of it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

No one disputes Andrew Neil's qualities as an interviewer — the clip is from his time at the BBC. Reservations over GBN involve its technical performance and programming with regard to it stated mission...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Andrew Neil is clearly invested in the new venture and he is a no nonsense interviewer. It will improve and gain viewers.

This interview or arse kicking shows how he doesn't let them off the hook.

https://youtu.be/7YYXjr0P6AM
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

I guess as long as they don't show any alternative viewpoint even if it is a very large one, everything will be hunky dory and the sponsors will return.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on June 16, 2021, 10:49:01 PM
Tonight I watched an excellent interview of Rishi Sunak by Andrew Neil.
Neil showed he was well researched and Rishi showed how professional he is. Eloquent and intelligent and Conservative.
Followed by a balancing view from Michael Portillo.

I don't agree that an anti lockdown view is without balance. Where in the media is there an anti-lockdown view?
BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 have all followed the government narrative.
Therefore GB news provides a view that is not seen elsewhere.
The lack of balance was obvious in the fact that only one view - very much a minority view - was broadcast.

And if you think Portillo - a conservative - provides balance to Sunak - another conservative - you clearly know nothing about balance beyond how to spell it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Tonight I watched an excellent interview of Rishi Sunak by Andrew Neil.
Neil showed he was well researched and Rishi showed how professional he is. Eloquent and intelligent and Conservative.
Followed by a balancing view from Michael Portillo.

I don't agree that an anti lockdown view is without balance. Where in the media is there an anti-lockdown view?
BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 have all followed the government narrative.
Therefore GB news provides a view that is not seen elsewhere.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Took a look at GB News last night. What a load of bollocks. Little if anything in the way of actual news reporting and all talking heads, with the presenter himself dishing out his opinions too. The bit I saw included four invited guests, all of them anti-lock down just like the presenter. This is not balance. Then they all started having a dig at Meghan and Harry, with some aristocrat as an invited guest, expressing the opinion that Meghan was welcomed with open arms and any bad press was brought on by herself, this view being put out there by the presenter himself. Whether right or wrong it is wholly unprofessional for a news presenter to spout forth his opinions instead of merely reporting the news and inviting comment from guests. It all looked a bit Fox News and right wing. Makes the BBC look like a paragon of neutrality in comparison.

The usual suspects around here prone to believing in conspiracy theories about the left, and in spite of all the evidence to the contrary believing in an inherent left wing media bias, will cheer to the rafters. Because to them anything they disagree with is biased towards the left. In their perverted way of viewing things, only news with an overt right wing bias that they agree with is neutral. They seem psychologically incapable of stepping outside themselves and taking a neutral stance on anything. B 4 step forward and take a bow for one. Anything you agree with is unbiased. Anything you don't is biased. From an overt right winger such a definition of neutrality is laughable of course. I suggest you check out GB News. It is right up your street. You won't get much news of course, just endless reinforcement of your own opinions and prejudices. If you can put up with all the glitches that is.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on June 15, 2021, 06:23:45 PM
The Woke Watch I saw last night turned out to be a five-minute slot, the subject of which I have completely forgotten...

It was a report on the Manchester Chief Constable Watson  who has declared the public has basically had enough of virtue signalling, and wants policemen to focus on feels Ng collars.

He also said he only kneels in uniform for the Queen, in Church and for Mrs Watson.

Sounds a bit kinky, that.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: patman post on June 15, 2021, 06:23:45 PM
The Woke Watch I saw last night turned out to be a five-minute slot, the subject of which I have completely forgotten...
Obviously a memorable piece of television, then. Lol.

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on June 15, 2021, 06:02:52 PM
A 34 year old murder mystery?

Well each to his own but I am finding Andrew Neil's attacks on the Woke and Race Relations industries to be a lot more fun

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 15, 2021, 06:02:52 PM

No mystery about it, it is proving that a serving police officer buried an axe in the back of someone's head and there was a conspiracy to cover it up that has proven difficult.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 15, 2021, 05:36:36 PM
Maybe we'll be able to judge GBN a little better from its coverage of the delayed official report in to the Daniel Morgan Murder...

Well each to his own but I am finding Andrew Neil's attacks on the Woke and Race Relations industries to be a lot more fun
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Maybe we'll be able to judge GBN a little better from its coverage of the delayed official report in to the Daniel Morgan Murder...