GB news kicks off tonight

Started by cromwell, June 13, 2021, 03:05:53 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on January 05, 2022, 11:27:01 AM
GB News Radio is now on DAB, which gets around the necessity to have a TV licence to listen live.
It also has a live Internet stream - https://www.gbnews.uk/radioplayer
They've opened a radio channel too,funny that back in Junelast year Smurfy and Steve told us it was all about to implode and wouldn't last more than a few weeks. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

GB News Radio is now on DAB, which gets around the necessity to have a TV licence to listen live.
It also has a live Internet stream - https://www.gbnews.uk/radioplayer
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2021, 12:31:41 PM
The pits under Wilson closed because there was either no coal left in them to mine or there was so little as not to be viable.  Maggie shit down pits that had in some cases decades of coal left in them and in one case a 30 foot thick coal seam.

Pits were closed cause the NUM tried to hold the country to ransom. They got greedy and thought they held all the cards, turns out they didn't.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Well, Andrew has decided he was a lone voice in the wilderness and has bailed out....

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2021, 11:59:24 AM

Pits closed: Maggie, 160 in 11 years. Wilson, 290 in 10 years.

The pits under Wilson closed because there was either no coal left in them to mine or there was so little as not to be viable.  Maggie shit down pits that had in some cases decades of coal left in them and in one case a 30 foot thick coal seam.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 14, 2021, 11:38:19 AM
I have news for you. No one mistrusts the BBC more today than we lefties.

Hardly news Stevie.

The basic tenet of the left is that they are the guardians of the true doctrine and that any deviation from that means that the other fellow is a running dog of the Capitalist Boss Class and should be stood up against a wall and dealt with in the appropriate manner.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Even the very first food bank was under Labour, it's amazing how the left remember these things.

True BUT only 4000 people needed to use a food bank then the need rocketed after May 2010 and is now  2.5 million. (That is only the Trussell Trust, it does not include other food bank providers.)
Amazing how Tories forget that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 14, 2021, 11:03:35 AM
I was really hopeful when it started and was fairly mellow with all the initial teething troubles and have tried to like it but somehow it just seems to miss the boat. I am not at all keen on the presentation it's true but it is more than that. I think Neil is probably making an astute judgement and chances are to 'succeed' if only financially it will have to go the way of all others. It's a shame because the promise was good.
I wonder if the visual content, being poor sometimes, is even necessary. Couldn't the whole GB news thing take place on a radio channel?
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

No, I'm not buying that. I've not picked up on her being to the right at all.

All the stuff that you lefties Chuck at Thatcher is mind blowing.
Milk, first taken away by Labour.
Even the very first food bank was under Labour, it's amazing how the left remember these things.
You do not recognise right wing bias simply because you yourself are well to the right of her.

That the first food bank appeared under New Labour is unsurprising to me. Nor the fact that they massively multiplied under the Tories. I of course supported neither.

As for Thatcher milk snatcher, I was only aged about five or six at that time and had to endure drinking milk which I hated. Thatcher put a stop to that so I wasn't complaining about her at the time, lol.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on September 14, 2021, 11:38:19 AMLaura Kuhnsberg is known amongst  other things in left wing circles as Tory Laur

No, I'm not buying that. I've not picked up on her being to the right at all.

Quote from: srb7677 on September 14, 2021, 11:38:19 AMdefenders of the Thatcherite status

All the stuff that you lefties Chuck at Thatcher is mind blowing.
Milk, first taken away by Labour.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 14, 2021, 11:10:09 AM
My God Stevie, you have become a terrible snob  :) :)
If there is any truth to that statement in the sense that I look down on anyone, I admit I have relatively little respect for fools and idiots and the stupid and intellectually challenged if this is combined with gullibillity and lack of sufficient street nous to know they are being led in someone else's direction, often against their own best interests.

Call me an intellectual snob if you like, because if I look down upon anyone it is because of their stupidity, not their station in life. So I am definitely not a snob as it is more generally understood.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 14, 2021, 11:07:36 AM
I agree with Neil's basic concept that lefties tend to be self obsessed arseholes living in a BBC bubble
I have news for you. No one mistrusts the BBC more today than we lefties. We see at as unashamedly establishmentarian, defenders of the Thatcherite status quo that it has come to view as the natural order of things, and at times inherently pro Tory. Their political commentator Laura Kuhnsberg is known amongst  other things in left wing circles as Tory Laura or Tory Kuhnsberg. And other things much less polite.

The idea that we live in a BBC bubble is laughable today. Almost everyone on the left has totally lost trust in it.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on September 14, 2021, 11:10:09 AM

Just one of those times destructive wins over constructive. I can't say I will be crying about it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 14, 2021, 10:57:01 AM
That's it in a nutshell. And because it is aimed at people of below average intelligence, it is aimed at people who are easily bored and who have short attention spans.

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2021, 10:44:00 AM
Frankly I force myself to watch GB news from time to time.  It appears to be aimed at a far  right audience with low intelligence.

That is me. Sometimes I can't hear what the commentators are commentating on for the racket caused by my knuckles dragging along the ground. And I can't watch it on TV because I don't have one, so I just wait for the interesting stuff to appear on Youtube or similar.

I agree with Neil's basic concept that lefties tend to be self obsessed arseholes living in a BBC bubble, but I can't get too worked up about it. I mean, once you have said f**k off whore's melt, what else is there to say?

As far as I can see, GB News is taking itself too seriously. Murdoch did something similar with the Sun, but he inter spaced his anti left rants with football and pretty girls, which are the true religions of this country.
Algerie Francais !