Andrew Marr 1 Boris Johnson 0

Started by papasmurf, December 01, 2019, 10:18:21 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Javert post_id=7950 time=1575206949 user_id=64
The reason the politicians need to be badgered and interrupted by the interviewer is because they are highly trained and rehearsed to avoid answering any question in a straight way - it's legitimate for the interviewer to interrupt if the politician is clearly trying to change the subject or avoid answering the point.

Did you watch the interview? If so, how do you think your generalisations above apply to this morning's performance?
† The end is nigh †

Churchill

Quote from: Barry post_id=7944 time=1575204290 user_id=51
I agree that they need challenging, but not to the point where they are unable to answer. Boris came over as very polite, remaining quiet whilst questions were posed. The moment he started to answer points, Marr was interrupting, he likes the sound of his own voice. It needed more balance.

That is what he does all the time same as Neil they don't interview anyone , they ask a question then talk over the person trying to give an answer very overbearing and down right bad manners, a waste of time.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Javert

I agree that they need challenging, but not to the point where they are unable to answer. Boris came over as very polite, remaining quiet whilst questions were posed. The moment he started to answer points, Marr was interrupting, he likes the sound of his own voice. It needed more balance.

The reason the politicians need to be badgered and interrupted by the interviewer is because they are highly trained and rehearsed to avoid answering any question in a straight way - it's legitimate for the interviewer to interrupt if the politician is clearly trying to change the subject or avoid answering the point.  

In fact, I don't think they do it enough - if I had my way, the interviewer should be allowed to look straight into the camera and say "I'll let you the viewer make up your mind why he/she was so determined not to answer the actual question asked."

"

papasmurf

Boris came over as a close to gibbering waffling idiot. He really does need to be interviewed by Andrew Neil.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=7939 time=1575202380 user_id=89
He seems to have taken some lessons from Andrew Neil.  Boris needs badgering, the other leaders have been, why should Boris be left out?

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=7938 time=1575202093 user_id=51

Marr badgered him through every answer he gave. It's not a proper interview.

He seems to have taken some lessons from Andrew Neil.  Boris needs badgering, the other leaders have been, why should Boris be left out?

Barry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000byw5/the-andrew-marr-show-01122019">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000byw5/the-andrew-marr-show-01122019

Link to the Andrew Marr show on catchup. Don't forget your TV licence!

Marr badgered him through every answer he gave. It's not a proper interview.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=7932 time=1575199154 user_id=63
As I don't propose wasting my life watching it would you care to give me a quick summary of how you feel the biased lefty shithead actually did something worthwhile ...

Basically wiped the floor with Boris. Andrew Neil would have slaughtered Boris.

How the country has got to a state where we have an incompetent buffoon as Prime Minister is frankly frightening.

johnofgwent

As I don't propose wasting my life watching it would you care to give me a quick summary of how you feel the biased lefty shithead actually did something worthwhile ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

I suspect Boris now wishes he had been Interviewed by Andrew Neil and not Andrew Marr.