Got an Electric Bus ? Remember to tow a diesel generator !!

Started by johnofgwent, June 15, 2021, 08:52:47 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Just been on the local news, the bus is still stuck at the Eden Project.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 15, 2021, 11:28:38 AMSince buying my leaf on May 1st I've done about 400 miles, but that is almost six times the distance the previous owner
did in a year. They bought the vehicle to virtue signal their green credentials at trade shows and did little more than 15 miles a week.
This is like a maths problem.
The previous owner did about 400/6 miles say 70 and did around 15 miles per week.
Therefore the owner previous to you owned the Leaf for 5 weeks?
Or you only counted weeks when it was driven, which makes my musings more difficult.

Anyway, the whole situation with the bus highlights that electric vehicles have their uses, as milk floats, but buses? No, not yet. Hilarious.

Love the new young avatar. What a good looking chap you are.  :P
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2021, 09:46:22 AM
Few of those are accessible to a larger vehicle and currently the others are mostly not working.

ZapMap seems singularly outdated in terms of issue reports. It appears several first generation charge companies have simply fallen into disrepair and the companies no longer give a toss. I suspect the pure EV market was always hype smoke and mirrors.

Since buying my leaf on May 1st I've done about 400 miles, but that is almost six times the distance the previous owner
did in a year. They bought the vehicle to virtue signal their green credentials at trade shows and did little more than 15 miles a week.

I know exactly who is to blame for trucking an electric only bus all the way to Cornwall without first checking the recharge facilities and it isn't any of the companies making the chargers.

Right now, ironically, Newport is the ONLY town in the UK that has disposed of its non electric fleet. Everyone else k ows how fucking impractical they are ....

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 15, 2021, 08:52:47 AM

There are 44 "podpoint" chargers dotted round the south west at or beyond Plymouth. It would be a mini-adventure to try such a drive (well, that would need me to drive a mini, so I guess I'd be having more like a leafy adventure but hey)

Few of those are accessible to a larger vehicle and currently the others are mostly not working.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/touring-electric-coach-stranded-eden-5524525

So a bunch of cardigan wearing tree huggers drive an electric bus to Cornwall to show off the zero carbon emission economy....

And are now stuck at the Eden Project because there are no charging points capable of recognising their vehicle !!!!!!!

Stunning.

Tell pappy to bring them a diesel generator to save the day !!

EDIT

There are 44 "podpoint" chargers dotted round the south west at or beyond Plymouth. It would be a mini-adventure to try such a drive (well, that would need me to drive a mini, so I guess I'd be having more like a leafy adventure but hey)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>