Main Menu

I have left Labour

Started by srb7677, June 16, 2021, 11:31:46 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

I would guess like many of us srb  has been homeless for some time voting for the same shite every election in the hope if elected they will somehow represent us .
We hang on ,hoping for change but eventually even the most loyal ,the most enthusiastic of party members eventually come to the conclusion that politicians only represent themselves ,that political parties put gaining power more important than gaining trust .

This applies across the board , left or right . Doesn't matter who we elect ,Westminster stays the same

Welcome to the political homeless srb

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on June 16, 2021, 11:31:46 PM
Well, the moment has arrived. I have informed the local party chair that I am resigning my membership of the Labour party and will be cancelling my debit tomorrow. I no  longer have faith in it as a vehicle for the necessary change society needs, particularly under Starmer. And the party is full of middle class centrists who think anything moderately progressive and social democratoc is "far left". I am fed up with these types ruling the roost in my local party. Many of them want to utterly abandon the working class and become an avowedly middle class party, run by and for the affluent middle classes. More concerned about identrity politics and every kind of inequality you can imagine except the one that should matter most - economic inequality. I am fed up with a party still largely led by those who have bought into huge tranches of the Thatcherite consensus. Even Labour in parliament contains far more landlords than tenants. They are out of touch. And I am fed up with constantly butting heads with Blairite types on party forums who are forever defending the economic status quo, and sometimes harbour open disdain for working class people.

It is time for me to leave and stop wasting my money and effort on something I don't believe in.

Does this mean you are now homeless or do you have somewhere in mind?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Well, the moment has arrived. I have informed the local party chair that I am resigning my membership of the Labour party and will be cancelling my debit tomorrow. I no  longer have faith in it as a vehicle for the necessary change society needs, particularly under Starmer. And the party is full of middle class centrists who think anything moderately progressive and social democratoc is "far left". I am fed up with these types ruling the roost in my local party. Many of them want to utterly abandon the working class and become an avowedly middle class party, run by and for the affluent middle classes. More concerned about identrity politics and every kind of inequality you can imagine except the one that should matter most - economic inequality. I am fed up with a party still largely led by those who have bought into huge tranches of the Thatcherite consensus. Even Labour in parliament contains far more landlords than tenants. They are out of touch. And I am fed up with constantly butting heads with Blairite types on party forums who are forever defending the economic status quo, and sometimes harbour open disdain for working class people.

It is time for me to leave and stop wasting my money and effort on something I don't believe in.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.