Won appeal, but lost.

Started by Nick, June 17, 2021, 05:40:07 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 17, 2021, 03:54:38 PM
It's probably still recoverable should the authorities take note of your admission. Best to replace the hard drive and put an axe through the original...

I don't have that computer anymore, and I destroyed the hard drive.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2021, 10:07:43 AM
Some years ago I purchased a computer shop demonstrator PC for well under the list price.
It seem to be very slow from time to time when connected to the internet.
It transpired a lot of "adult" material was been downloaded to my PC without my knowledge.
It too me a long time to track down what I can only describe as a fractal (it was only six characters long,) that was responsible.  I deleted it. Problem solved.
It's probably still recoverable should the authorities take note of your admission. Best to replace the hard drive and put an axe through the original...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2021, 05:40:07 AM
You're convicted of having indecent images on your phone, given 200 hours community service and a final written warning but keep your job!!

'She had not viewed or known the video was in her phone' then who knew knew it was there?

Think I'll stop there, might get my self in trouble. 🤐

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57501764
Seems to me a fair summary — but I think it depends on whether the phone call to her sister after receiving the image was to do with the image, or about a completely different matter. If she had viewed the image, the official view is she should have immediately reported it. I guess the official opinion is that she had viewed the image, but didn't report it. Attempting to deal with the image privately with her sister would not have been acceptable procedure.

What disciplinary actions should have been taken depends on what offence is judged to have been committed

It's still unclear how the image was detected and reported — and with the range of allegations and reports of offences by Police against the public and other officers, I doubt we'll get o clear resolution anytime soon...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 17, 2021, 09:56:18 AM
It looked to me at the time as if she had been set up. Very odd case.

Some years ago I purchased a computer shop demonstrator PC for well under the list price.
It seem to be very slow from time to time when connected to the internet.
It transpired a lot of "adult" material was been downloaded to my PC without my knowledge.
It too me a long time to track down what I can only describe as a fractal (it was only six characters long,) that was responsible.  I deleted it. Problem solved.

Barry

It looked to me at the time as if she had been set up. Very odd case.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2021, 05:40:07 AM

'She had not viewed or known the video was in her phone' then who knew knew it was there?

GCHQ

Nick

You're convicted of having indecent images on your phone, given 200 hours community service and a final written warning but keep your job!!

Think I'll stop there, might get my self in trouble. 🤐

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57501764

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.