To show my support for GB News

Started by Borchester, June 17, 2021, 11:57:08 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

I might watch it for a while just out of curiosity, in the same way as I dipped into Fox News during the Great Defeat of Trump last year to see how ridiculous the commentary could get.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2021, 04:36:46 PM
That is what thus far GB News is doing, skimping around any real debate or answers.
Well, we can always rely on you for a lightbulb moment Smurphy.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 17, 2021, 04:11:09 PM
we should skimp around any real debate or answers.

That is what thus far GB News is doing, skimping around any real debate or answers.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2021, 04:03:47 PM
The point is there is little news on it. It seems to have forgotten its own mission statement.
I guess not then, we should skimp around any real debate or answers. I never watch the news anyway because it is always over dramatised complete bullshit for plebs. Not like most of it is even relevant anyway.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 17, 2021, 03:42:01 PM
I don't know maybe Smurphy can explain, what would be the  point of a news channel that constantly puts out exactly the same as all the other news channels

The point is there is little news on it. It seems to have forgotten its own mission statement.

Sheepy

I don't know maybe Smurphy can explain, what would be the  point of a news channel that constantly puts out exactly the same as all the other news channels as though that is all that exists in life and why would corporate sponsors decide what you can watch and why. After all they aren't political, are they?
Not like they employ whole labs of scientists and advertise their products as great scientific breakthroughs.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 17, 2021, 03:25:25 PM
as an additional extensive supplier of interesting, informative and relevant news.

It is failing very badly at that.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2021, 01:17:45 PM
Frankly GBnews is so dire and infantile, it ought to be sued under the trades description act, news it is not.
You rarely exhibit gradations of opinion. 

Personally, despite my first impressions, I'd like GBN to succeed — not as an alternative news source, but as an additional extensive supplier of interesting, informative and relevant news. Admittedly I'm a news junkie, and read as much news as I receive via broadcast media. But unfortunately from my point of view, GBN claims a focus on generating opinion and controversy, rather than original reporting. 

Interestingly, advertising slots on GB News are marketed by Sky Media, the advertising sales arm of Sky Group, which represents about 130 other channels...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 17, 2021, 03:17:54 PM
Ha ha. Maybe you started high and worked down.

Back to GBNews it really is rubbish, I expected far better from Andrew Neil.  It is more like a chat show version of Hello magazine.

Barry

Ha ha. Maybe you started high and worked down.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 17, 2021, 02:43:48 PM
I'm surprised you don't like it, then.

My mother always reckoned I was 50 years old when I was born.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 17, 2021, 02:43:48 PM
Aw bugger.......beat me to it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2021, 01:21:53 PM
Sorry but GB news is rubbish. It seems to be aimed at people with a mental age of about six years old.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2021, 01:17:45 PM
Frankly GBnews is so dire and infantile, it ought to be sued under the trades description act, news it is not.

And the BBC should be prosecuted under the appropriate Public Health act. It is not a question of whether it is biased or not, but there are reports that the every time the BBC produces a news broadcasts ten of thousands of viewers discover that their buttocks have fallen off as a result of the ball bursting tedium.

And whatever else, Andrew Neil is not dull.
Algerie Francais !