To show my support for GB News

Started by Borchester, June 17, 2021, 11:57:08 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 17, 2021, 01:20:31 PM
OH YES IT IS!

Sorry but GB news is rubbish. It seems to be aimed at people with a mental age of about six years old.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2021, 01:17:45 PM
Frankly GBnews is so dire and [HIGHLIGHT]infantile[/HIGHLIGHT], it ought to be sued under the trades description act, [HIGHLIGHT]news it is not[/HIGHLIGHT].
OH YES IT IS!
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Frankly GBnews is so dire and infantile, it ought to be sued under the trades description act, news it is not.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 17, 2021, 12:36:32 PM
This is a strange story. Political pressure groups have targeted commercial organisations before, but how successful would calls to boycott a whole raft of companies be? Vodafone claiming its commercials were aired by GBN without the company's knowledge appears serious. But large organisations often outsource management off day-to-day advertising to agencies and media buyers. Who knows what GBN's start up rate card is?  My impression from limited viewing of the channel is the small number of advertisers it has. This seemed strange given the amount of coverage the new channel has received...

I would imagine that the start up rates are sod all, as is the case with most new businesses. Meanwhile, Direct Bullion has more or less said that most of its customers are reactionary old farts so the company is looking to increase its advertising. :) :)
Algerie Francais !

patman post

That reaction doesn't surprise me — having sat in on quite a few marketing strategy meetings in different organisations. The details of individual ad spends are probably not at the fingertips of company spokespeople...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 17, 2021, 12:36:32 PM
This is a strange story. Political pressure groups have targeted commercial organisations before, but how successful would calls to boycott a whole raft of companies be? Vodafone claiming its commercials were aired by GBN without the company's knowledge appears serious. But large organisations often outsource management off day-to-day advertising to agencies and media buyers. Who knows what GBN's start up rate card is?  My impression from limited viewing of the channel is the small number of advertisers it has. This seemed strange given the amount of coverage the new channel has received...

The problem appears to be several of the advertisers had no idea they were advertising on GBnews.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 17, 2021, 11:57:08 AM

I am going to boycott IKEA.

I have boycotted IKEA for years nothing to do with GB news, but how they unsustainably source timber.

Borchester

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1451031/GB-News-advertisers-pull-out-full-list-cancel-culture-boycott-evg 

I am going to boycott IKEA.

I don't know if IKEA will ever reopen but I still wake up screaming at the memories of the Swedish Haj around their county sized warehouses. Shuffle, shuffle and yet more bloody shuffling around mountains of Scandinavian dreck that we don't need but Herself says she can't live without.

At Mecca they have rocks that are supposed to represent demons and the faithful let off steam by pelting them with stones. Every time she said come on, it will only be 5 minutes I should have had enough sense to crack myself over the head with a rock, but I never did.

Not only can Andrew Neil look after himself, but I reckon that all these cancellations (no such thing as bad publicity) will do GB News the world of good.

But I still ain't ever going to IKEA again.

Unless I get nagged into it.
Algerie Francais !