Turkish invasion

Started by T00ts, October 12, 2019, 06:06:42 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=291 time=1570901070 user_id=48
Trump is a maverick and has the not unjustified belief certain European countries are letting the US foot the bill for security,however I believe the Kurds have been let down badly.

I thought I was fast becoming a bit inured to all the horrors but this feels so close and so uncalled for. Not that any war and wholesale ill-treatment of people can be justified. For goodness sake my daughter and husband have holidayed in Turkey. Didn't the EU pay vast amounts to Turkey to hold immigrants back? Now Erdogan demands acceptance of this unholy action or threatens to unleash millions of migrants on Europe.

cromwell

Trump is a maverick and has the not unjustified belief certain European countries are letting the US foot the bill for security,however I believe the Kurds have been let down badly.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

How can this be allowed? Turkey is running headlong into Syria killing and sweeping away everyone in their path. Just how long will this go on before the rest of the world steps in?

Did Trump/USA realise that this would be the result of their announced withdrawal? According to reports this is well on the way to a real crisis.