Main Menu

FREEDOM DAY!

Started by Barry, June 21, 2021, 11:33:40 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 16, 2021, 10:12:01 PM
MASKS OFF MONDAY
unless you are a sheep. (I don't mean you, Sheepy)
Don't let anyone tell you it's the law, anymore.
I will put up with shopping with anyone who still wants to wear one. I won't.

Masks will still be enforced at all the supermarkets where I live.  A rising number of business's have closed due to staff infections or lack of staff. The pub where my wife goes on Sunday to a Folk music "Jam session," is closed due to the rapid rise in infections in the area. My GP practice has just posted this:-

Important Announcement:
We have taken the decision to delay opening the doors to our practices.  A number of our staff are isolating due to close contacts and we have seen a significant rise in cases locally in the past few days.  We hope you can see that this decision is not being taken lightly and is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, and to ensure we can continue to provide services to our patients

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

MASKS OFF MONDAY
unless you are a sheep. (I don't mean you, Sheepy)
Don't let anyone tell you it's the law, anymore.
I will put up with shopping with anyone who still wants to wear one. I won't.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Freedom Day that isn't actually Freedom Day, but just another cog in wheel of plain old insanity.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/this-frankenstein-parliament-has-been-rotten-for-democracy/ar-AAMeBQW?ocid=msedgntp
You are not bypassing us we will take up the cause, then go straight back to the same old cobblers. Enjoy Torygraph they will never learn.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 15, 2021, 08:06:41 PM

Although I can understand the medical settings to a degree, I don't understand the supermarkets.
Lidl it is, then.  ;D

To protect their staff, and I expect Lidl won't change either.
My local GP practice is still going to require face masks and waiting outside until called. (Given the rapid rise in Covid 19 cases locally since the mass invasion of tourists I thank them for that.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

In America the CDC say vaccinated people should not need a muzzle.
Is the disease different here? No.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on July 15, 2021, 08:06:41 PM
You'll be pleased to know that the local Hospital Trust has posted on Facebook that there will be no changes on 19th July as far as they are concerned until further notice. They also say don't wear your own mask, it has to be one of ours!
My local doctor's surgery sent a text saying the same thing.
Apparently Tesco and Sainsbury's will not be taking down any notices and will be making announcements in store.

Although I can understand the medical settings to a degree, I don't understand the supermarkets.
Lidl it is, then.  ;D

Maybe, but is he telling us the majority of those vaccinated haven't been wearing their masks? or maybe they are just unlucky then. Or somebody is full of bullshit.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 13, 2021, 04:25:38 PM
At last — advice being guided by data and not by dogma adhering to dates...
You'll be pleased to know that the local Hospital Trust has posted on Facebook that there will be no changes on 19th July as far as they are concerned until further notice. They also say don't wear your own mask, it has to be one of ours!
My local doctor's surgery sent a text saying the same thing.
Apparently Tesco and Sainsbury's will not be taking down any notices and will be making announcements in store.

Lidl it is, then.  ;D

† The end is nigh †

patman post

At last — advice being guided by data and not by dogma adhering to dates...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

This government couldn't make a decision if their lives depended on it.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on July 12, 2021, 10:17:57 PM
July 19th, a week today, all legal restrictions on gatherings, social distancing, wearing face coverings, will be lifted.
Mask use will be advised "in crowded and enclosed spaces".

I would think the Police will be very happy that this is happening. It has put them in a very difficult position.

A lot of political wrangling can occur in 7 days Barry, they are being bypassed anyway by an awful lot of people, which eventually is bad for their political street cred. First, they get mad then they attack you, eventually they realise nobody is falling for it. But then they managed to turn a few months into 18 months before most people realised something ain't quite right about all of this.

Barry

July 19th, a week today, all legal restrictions on gatherings, social distancing, wearing face coverings, will be lifted.
Mask use will be advised "in crowded and enclosed spaces".

I would think the Police will be very happy that this is happening. It has put them in a very difficult position.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on July 10, 2021, 12:25:40 PM
^^^

That's because no one is really on top of the Johnson variant or the causes and effects of Long Covid...
Oh, not pure psychological mind bending then? could have fooled me. But then I guess that ain't such a big deal.

patman post

^^^

That's because no one is really on top of the Johnson variant or the causes and effects of Long Covid...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

The covid cult blue hearts on Twitter are pushing hard for Freedom to be curtailed further.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on July 04, 2021, 09:30:29 PM
Damn civil of him making mask wearing a personal choice. As they are about as much use in reality as one legged man in a Boris arse kicking contest.
I reckon that Bojo will push Sajid Javid to the fore. That way the latter will get all the kicks. This bug isn't going to come to any sort of an abrupt end. It will just bumble on to the delight of the NHS and the nation's hypochondriacs until the rest of us get thoroughly bored with it.

Then Bojo will leap to centre stage and claim the credit, at which point we will all think lying amoral bastard.

And then Sir Keir will bumble forward and say something innane and we will think, well, at least Boris is a cheerful and interesting amoral bastard and that should be the blond moppet safe for a bit longer.  :) :)
Algerie Francais !