Main Menu

FREEDOM DAY!

Started by Barry, June 21, 2021, 11:33:40 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on July 05, 2021, 12:58:04 PM
If I were in that competition, I would find a way, and wear steel toe-caps.
They haven't received Freedom Day yet and even if they do which is unlikely, they will not have it for long.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Quote from: Sheepy on July 04, 2021, 09:30:29 PM
Damn civil of him making mask wearing a personal choice. As they are about as much use in reality as one legged man in a Boris arse kicking contest.
If I were in that competition, I would find a way, and wear steel toe-caps.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on July 04, 2021, 06:40:32 PM
I guess Boris has to weigh up the risks — is he in more danger from Tory backbenchers and party supporting Brexiteers if he's seen to backtrack on his July 19 undertakings, or from the electorate later if they witness surges in Covid infections, hospitalisations, and deaths. My betting is he'll take the ready option of mostly unlocking and waiting to see if his luck holds good and something else turns up to mask or offset any perceptions of a surge...
Damn civil of him making mask wearing a personal choice. As they are about as much use in reality as one legged man in a Boris arse kicking contest.

patman post

I guess Boris has to weigh up the risks — is he in more danger from Tory backbenchers and party supporting Brexiteers if he's seen to backtrack on his July 19 undertakings, or from the electorate later if they witness surges in Covid infections, hospitalisations, and deaths. My betting is he'll take the ready option of mostly unlocking and waiting to see if his luck holds good and something else turns up to mask or offset any perceptions of a surge...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 04, 2021, 04:06:08 PM
Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he hoped England would be able to return to as close to the pre-pandemic status quo as possible on 19 July - the fourth and final stage of lockdown lifting in England. 
But he hinted that some "extra precautions" might still be needed. 

Weekly coronavirus cases in the UK are up 74% on the previous seven days, according to government figures. And on Friday, the UK recorded 27,125 new cases and another 27 deaths within 28 days of a positive test. 

The number of people admitted to hospitals in England with Covid-19 has risen by 55% over the past week, the British Medical Association (BMA) says.   

Dr Chaand Nagpaul, BMA council chairman said more time was needed to roll out jabs, adding the country was "still some way from protecting enough of the population".

Twice as many coronavirus patients were on ventilators now compared with this time last month, he said, presenting a particular worry for doctors. 

Public Health England figures show 161,981 confirmed and probable cases of the Delta variant have now been identified in the UK - up by 50,824, or 46%, on the previous week.   
Extracted from:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57703959

Five days ago an Ipsos MORI poll reported three in four Britons supported offering children the vaccine. 

It's a difficult time for Boris, who nailed his colours to a July 19 mast. Will he hold back a bit if the data shows he should...?

The figures are already creeping up, but unless there is a really dramatic increase I doubt that Boris will dare to extend the restrictions. I am not saying that this flu business has not been fun, but time we found something else for the nation's hypochondriacs to get worked up about.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he hoped England would be able to return to as close to the pre-pandemic status quo as possible on 19 July - the fourth and final stage of lockdown lifting in England. 
But he hinted that some "extra precautions" might still be needed. 

Weekly coronavirus cases in the UK are up 74% on the previous seven days, according to government figures. And on Friday, the UK recorded 27,125 new cases and another 27 deaths within 28 days of a positive test. 

The number of people admitted to hospitals in England with Covid-19 has risen by 55% over the past week, the British Medical Association (BMA) says.   

Dr Chaand Nagpaul, BMA council chairman said more time was needed to roll out jabs, adding the country was "still some way from protecting enough of the population".

Twice as many coronavirus patients were on ventilators now compared with this time last month, he said, presenting a particular worry for doctors. 

Public Health England figures show 161,981 confirmed and probable cases of the Delta variant have now been identified in the UK - up by 50,824, or 46%, on the previous week.   
Extracted from:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57703959

Five days ago an Ipsos MORI poll reported three in four Britons supported offering children the vaccine. 

It's a difficult time for Boris, who nailed his colours to a July 19 mast. Will he hold back a bit if the data shows he should...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Still on course for 19th says government housing minister, despite calls from some doctors to keep it going a bit longer.
You should have seen our local pub last night!
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Is Boris teasing and keeping us guessing, but actually intending to whip away all restrictions with a flourish to give us all a good feeling...? 

Prime Minister raises doubts over full lifting of all restrictions later this month. 

"Extra precautions" may still remain in place to protect against Covid-19 after the easing of final restrictions later this month amid growing concerns over infection rates. 

Ministers have repeatedly insisted that social distancing measures will be brought to an end once the "terminus date" later this month is reached. 

But while the Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he was confident that the country can "get back to life as close to it was before Covid", he raised doubts that all restrictions will be lifted on 19 July. 

Speaking during a visit to a Nissan plant in Sunderland, he said: "I know how impatient people are to get back to total normality, as indeed am I. 

"But I think I've said it before, we'll be wanting to go back to a world that is as close to the status quo, ante-Covid, as possible. Try to get back to life as close to it was before Covid.   
"But there may be some things we have to do, extra precautions that we have to take, but I'll be setting them out." 

His comments signal a shift in tone from the Government, which is likely to end legal requirements on Covid measures, but continue to issue guidance, such as wearing face masks particularly on public transport. 

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-warns-covid-precautions-needed-after-19-july-1081309

Scott777

As I have pointed out before, it's already decided there will be no freedom, because Covid marshals are contracted until next year.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on July 01, 2021, 09:38:35 PMAnyway Scott it's all just opinions on here and whilst mostly interesting who listens to us lot?
Well, sometimes when you have done your bit a little corner of the internet with a few characters and a chancer or two ain't so bad, keeping it interesting like Scott does I can live with, it ain't magic but who needs it anyway.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on June 23, 2021, 07:56:07 PM
Fair enough, you got me there.  But yes, the most logical explanation is that different people have different motives.  Billy no mates wanted to vaccinate the world before all of this.  Matt Wancock is just in it for money, as is big pharma.  They are not interested in your health or freedom.  (Now if you don't call me crazy, I'll be disappointed).
Well sorry to disappoint.....I still don't think you're crazy.
Anyway apologies for the tardiness of the response,much of what you post I still disagree with though not all but you do have my respect for the honesty of your reply.
As far as Hancock he is yes a wanker but as a couple of posters have pointed out not in the strictest sense of the word since being in a relationship with Ms dingerdangerdongolo. ;)

Anyway Scott it's all just opinions on here and whilst mostly interesting who listens to us lot?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on July 01, 2021, 06:23:30 PM
Boris has started the backtracking today.
As July 19th approaches Boris starts to bottle it again.

You can bet the media pressure will start building in the next few days and although Boris feels freedom is a good thing it will not be possible. On the other hand, of course we all know how the elite like to try and poke the populists in the eye, He might come over all charitable and give a small concession as a consolation of not having any democratic freedom.

Barry

Boris has started the backtracking today.
As July 19th approaches Boris starts to bottle it again.

QuoteBoris Johnson has thrown the extent to which our freedoms will be restored into doubt, warning that some "extra precautions" will be required after July 19.

Step Four is intended to see the end of all legal limits, including face masks, social distancing and work from home guidance. However ministers have been increasingly vague about whether advice for these measures will remain after the so-called 'terminus date'.

"I know how impatient people are to get back to total normality, as indeed am I," he told journalists. "I will be setting in the course of the next few days what Step Four will look like exactly.

"We'll be wanting to go back to a world that is as close to the status quo, ante-Covid, as possible. Try to get back to life as close to it was before Covid, but there may be some things we have to do, extra precautions that we have to take."

During Sajid Javid's first statement as Health Secretary on Monday, he refused to confirm that Step Four would see the end of all restrictions, telling MPs only that the next stage would "commence on July 19".

The specifics "about all restrictions or which restrictions" would be set out in the coming days, he added.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

80% of new cases are in people under 40 years old.

Only 5% of cases are in people over 60 years old.

Very few are getting seriously ill and the SAGE modelling has turned out to be wrong. (Again).
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/scientist-says-hes-found-13-131605072.html
Oh right, I guess our great panic stricken and badly informed government and its jokers in the media will be making an apology then. Nah they will make up some sort of bullshit they knew all along. Luckily for some of us we already know they couldn't decipher a message if they were paid to do it,  oh they are.