Main Menu

FREEDOM DAY!

Started by Barry, June 21, 2021, 11:33:40 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 22, 2021, 01:37:19 PM
No flouting took place. I merely used the exemption I have always had after my latest risk assessment.
Totally lawful.

Despite having had both jabs (Last one the end of March.) I am still being advised by my GP to avoid people and shops.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

No flouting took place. I merely used the exemption I have always had after my latest risk assessment.
Totally lawful.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on June 22, 2021, 01:19:31 PM

It is, but many places seem unwilling to enforce it. The noticeable irony about this aspect of Covid is that those who ostentatiously flout the rules are the most likely to complain about them being kept in place when the infection rates continue to cause concern...

I doubt that, revenge is a dish best served cold Pat. All in goodtime.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2021, 12:34:38 PM
That regulation is still in place.
It is, but many places seem unwilling to enforce it. The noticeable irony about this aspect of Covid is that those who ostentatiously flout the rules are the most likely to complain about them being kept in place when the infection rates continue to cause concern...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 22, 2021, 12:31:50 PM
The supermarket was much nicer without a face covering today. Thank goodness for freedom day.

That regulation is still in place.

Barry

The supermarket was much nicer without a face covering today. Thank goodness for freedom day.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Scott777 on June 22, 2021, 07:46:29 AM
This is just the start.  Wait until they make you dependent on jabs (which you will pay for), want to microchip you, and eventually want to take all your money and property (cos emergency, blaa blaa blaa).

They do already. It is called having a government. And we have that sort of thing because folk demand that THEY DO SOMETHING!!

Much of life can be handled with variations of the Silly Old Sod routine. Masks, taxes, World War III etc. Dear oh dear officer, I must have been asleep when that happened. And that is fine by the politicians who don't want to do much themselves apart from build a few flower bridges and marry women half their age.

But we want them to act! We want the government to do things instead of just keeping out of our way. 
Algerie Francais !

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester on June 21, 2021, 02:24:52 PM
To be honest, this Covid lark has not made a lot of odds to me.

Admittedly, I am in a pretty easy position. I am retired so the government pays me to stay alive. Not much, but then again, the work is easy and I can set my own hours.

I have a couple of small side lines. Books on the internet. Mile long queues at the post office. But then there are always mile long queues at the local post office. A bit of private tutoring. Mrs Patel, Begum, Cohen and Smith could not give a toss about Covid 19 or the Black Death, just as long as I manage to hammer some maths into their kids' heads. Restaurants and pubs are desperate for custom and even keener to have some jobsworth asking for my name and mobile number so they can go shove it. I eat and drink at home so save money. Sainbury's had a a dim witted numbnuts counting them in and counting them out and then discovering that the Argentine airforce had shot down half the customers. So now I get the stuff delivered from Asda which is cheaper and more convenient.

About the only minus I have experienced so far is from one of my neighbours. The poor sod is a hypochondriac's hypochondriac who is believes all this stuff about the Peking Pox and who expects to die horribly at any moment. The idea that if aspirin, brandy and self pity don't cure something then you are probably dead anyway, just isn't part of the poor bugger's canon.

So one way and another, this flu business has been quite easy and mildly advantageous. How about everyone else?

This is just the start.  Wait until they make you dependent on jabs (which you will pay for), want to microchip you, and eventually want to take all your money and property (cos emergency, blaa blaa blaa).
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 21, 2021, 08:24:52 PM
Well he does have a point,whilst holidaying in Cornwall and driving down a narrow lane a tosspot came round a blind bend at high speed nearly hitting me,after a few choice words in his direction he belligerently shouted "I'm a local"to which I replied with a few more choice words "You ******* might be but in ******* Cornwall you still drive on the left :)

Add bad driving locals to the bad driving tourists and you get some idea of how dangerous it is here.
The local bulletin board has started getting a lot of complaints about the bad drivers with reading between the lines enough info to identify who they are. Any pictorial evidence reported to the police.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on June 21, 2021, 03:08:22 PM
So it hasn't been all pluses?  :)
Well he does have a point,whilst holidaying in Cornwall and driving down a narrow lane a tosspot came round a blind bend at high speed nearly hitting me,after a few choice words in his direction he belligerently shouted "I'm a local"to which I replied with a few more choice words "You ******* might be but in ******* Cornwall you still drive on the left :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Look at us enjoying ourselves.
You plebs, try and work from home.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Yes, those vaccinations have given us all freedom. Not.

This from December 27th:

current count 74 million vaccinations done, 31 million double vaxed. We are being played as plebs.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 21, 2021, 02:32:21 PM
It isn't Covid making it dangerous to go out locally it is the terrible unsocial behaviour of the tourists and their bloody awful driving, (that when added to the locals bloody awful driving makes me wish I could afford to buy an armoured vehicle.)

So it hasn't been all pluses?  :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 21, 2021, 02:24:52 PM

So one way and another, this flu business has been quite easy and mildly advantageous. How about everyone else?

It isn't Covid making it dangerous to go out locally it is the terrible unsocial behaviour of the tourists and their bloody awful driving, (that when added to the locals bloody awful driving makes me wish I could afford to buy an armoured vehicle.)

Borchester

To be honest, this Covid lark has not made a lot of odds to me.

Admittedly, I am in a pretty easy position. I am retired so the government pays me to stay alive. Not much, but then again, the work is easy and I can set my own hours.

I have a couple of small side lines. Books on the internet. Mile long queues at the post office. But then there are always mile long queues at the local post office. A bit of private tutoring. Mrs Patel, Begum, Cohen and Smith could not give a toss about Covid 19 or the Black Death, just as long as I manage to hammer some maths into their kids' heads. Restaurants and pubs are desperate for custom and even keener to have some jobsworth asking for my name and mobile number so they can go shove it. I eat and drink at home so save money. Sainbury's had a a dim witted numbnuts counting them in and counting them out and then discovering that the Argentine airforce had shot down half the customers. So now I get the stuff delivered from Asda which is cheaper and more convenient.

About the only minus I have experienced so far is from one of my neighbours. The poor sod is a hypochondriac's hypochondriac who is believes all this stuff about the Peking Pox and who expects to die horribly at any moment. The idea that if aspirin, brandy and self pity don't cure something then you are probably dead anyway, just isn't part of the poor bugger's canon.

Algerie Francais !