Amazon going to waste

Started by cromwell, June 21, 2021, 10:39:31 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on June 22, 2021, 12:48:49 AM
"Products that were never sold, or returned by a customer. Almost all could have been redistributed to charities or those in need."

Unlikely.

Most of the stuff donated to charities such as Oxfam (who have even bigger storage problems than Amazon) ends up being dumped. And the needy won't be grateful. They would take the opportunity to sue Amazon if any of the stuff they were given had any sort of defect.
That I don't doubt Borky but that's not really the issue is it?
I'm no eco warrior or extinction rebellion nut job but the sheer waste of resources and landfill isn't sustainable,in anther thread Baz mentioned buying British.....I support that but stuff sold needs to be fixable too and have a longer service life.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on June 21, 2021, 10:39:31 PM
As Boris said if true unbelievable.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-21/amazon-destroying-millions-of-items-of-unsold-stock-in-one-of-its-uk-warehouses-every-year-itv-news-investigation-finds

"Products that were never sold, or returned by a customer. Almost all could have been redistributed to charities or those in need."

Unlikely.

Most of the stuff donated to charities such as Oxfam (who have even bigger storage problems than Amazon) ends up being dumped. And the needy won't be grateful. They would take the opportunity to sue Amazon if any of the stuff they were given had any sort of defect.
Algerie Francais !