One Britain One Nation

Started by papasmurf, June 23, 2021, 10:17:05 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2021, 12:08:16 AM
When I go on holiday all the people I speak too on a regular basis are with me, if you need to worry about phone rates whilst away you shouldn't really be going.
That's your choice. Loads of other people can't go anywhere without using their phones and sharing their experiences through all the facilities they offer. Betcha there'll be moans.

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2021, 12:08:16 AMStop paying unemployment to the career layabouts, you'd soon fill the vacancies.
Boris is too liberal for that and won't want to lose the votes he's gained in the areas of high unemployment.

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2021, 12:08:16 AMThese the same farmers that existed perfectly well for hundreds of year before the EEC. As I've repeated many times, the TV was inundated with adverts for New Zealand Lamb when I was a lad, farmers weren't complaining then. Problem is they have got lazy sitting on their arses whilst the EU paid them to not grow anything. Oh dear, how sad, now pick yourselves up and work for your money.
That's all before people wanted seasonal produce all year-round and many farms became animal factories, single-manager projects buying in contracters, pick your own enterprises, or driving ranges. 

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2021, 12:08:16 AMAsk Lee Rugby's family if they are happy the borders are more secure.
My point is that the UK's borders are its own responsibility — not the EU's. In fact, non-EU immigration to the UK has always been the UK's responsibility.

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2021, 12:08:16 AMAs for suffering, you have no clue about what impact Brexit has had, no one has cause everything has been shrouded in a mass pandemic. As for the EU, they are desperately trying to protect their brand, they can't afford for the U.K. to flourish but we are. When the U.K. joins and the US rejoins the CPTPP under Biden it will be more than three times the size of the EU. With the other 70+ non EU trade deals we have the EU can whistle, businesses need to adapt. If they won't then tough.
The Northern Ireland is complaining it can't get British ham, pork pies, sauages, etc.
Products previously freely ordered online are now frequently delayed and attract duties — some suppliers have even stopped supplying the UK because of the extra hassle and uncertainties.
Nothing wrong with the UK and others joining Nafta (which could become the North Atlantic Free Trade Area).
As for "the other 70+ non EU trade deals we have", what's actually materialised? Have significant amounts of goods actually reached UK manufacturers, distribution warehouses, supermarkets, etc?
All-in-all, Brexit is proving to be a badly thought out and executed experiment. Like the UK's reaction to the experiment, many important aspects are just not working...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2021, 07:40:43 PMdissatisfaction over phone roaming charges while on holiday,

When I go on holiday all the people I speak too on a regular basis are with me, if you need to worry about phone rates whilst away you shouldn't really be going.

Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2021, 07:40:43 PMthe hospitality and similar services sectors critically short of staff

Stop paying unemployment to the career layabouts, you'd soon fill the vacancies.

Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2021, 07:40:43 PMand farmers fearing they'll pay the price of Brexit with their livelihoods.

These the same farmers that existed perfectly well for hundreds of year before the EEC. As I've repeated many times, the TV was inundated with adverts for New Zealand Lamb when I was a lad, farmers weren't complaining then. Problem is they have got lazy sitting on their arses whilst the EU paid them to not grow anything. Oh dear, how sad, now pick yourselves up and work for your money.

Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2021, 07:40:43 PMBut no doubt all the 17+million are happy for everyone to suffer now the UK has gained control of its borders

Ask Lee Rugby's family if they are happy the borders are more secure.

As for suffering, you have no clue about what impact Brexit has had, no one has cause everything has been shrouded in a mass pandemic. As for the EU, they are desperately trying to protect their brand, they can't afford for the U.K. to flourish but we are. When the U.K. joins and the US rejoins the CPTPP under Biden it will be more than three times the size of the EU. With the other 70+ non EU trade deals we have the EU can whistle, businesses need to adapt. If they won't then tough.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on June 26, 2021, 08:54:30 PMIf the party had voted for the invisible man as leader, we'd have seen more of him.
That's an excellent line!
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on June 26, 2021, 08:54:30 PM
It was all about getting Brexit done.

Yes it was which is why any party that looked like they would rather not were unelectable .

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on June 26, 2021, 03:47:29 PM
Frankly I astounded as to why anyone voted for the crooks, charlatans, liars, and immoral shower currently in government at Westminster.
It was all about getting Brexit done.

And so obsessed by this single issue had so many become that almost nothing else mattered. So they got what they voted for. And Labour right now is utterly failing to offer anything at all as an alternative. If the party had voted for the invisible man as leader, we'd have seen more of him.

I despair at the state of politics today.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 26, 2021, 03:21:09 PM
I wasn't particually thinking of brexit but more of the unelected and the unelectable

Frankly I astounded as to why anyone voted for the crooks, charlatans, liars, and immoral shower currently in government at Westminster.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 26, 2021, 02:47:49 PM
Notify
Mark unread
Send this topic
Print
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
« Off topic thread (t
Quote from: papasmurf on June 26, 2021, 02:47:49 PM
The divisions were there before Brexit, the Dog's Brexit has only exacerbated them.
I wasn't particually thinking of brexit but more of the unelected and the unelectable

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 26, 2021, 11:18:21 AM
Due to the minority not accepting the democratic vote and the majority not accepting the minorities attempts to highjack the agenda .

The divisions were there before Brexit, the Dog's Brexit has only exacerbated them.

patman post

Has there ever been a time in recent history when the whole population has been so divided as when Brexit campaigning and the referendum took place? 
Since then, individuals and groups from across society have continued to confront and question authority and each other. Politeness and temperate language degenerated to social media level. Since March 2020, much debate is reduce to shouting insults and peddling lies and fantastic conspiracies.   
Before Covid, vaccine wariness was perhaps intensified by the publication of falsified evidence of MMR by a rogue doctor. This took (is still taking) some years to overcome.   
Now the combination of the readily-influenced and fun seeking individuals plus determined saboteurs is thriving in the UK's new agitated environment.
OBON is the reaction of a few people unhappy at the way so many in the country appear to be steering social interaction. I hope their wishes to counter current attitudes gain traction...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 25, 2021, 08:22:57 PM
I wouldn't expect the PM to read them. He delegates that to Liz Truss and her team.
Oh, and it's affects, so you can be more effective online.

It looks like Liz Truss, (who I do not trust at all based on her track record,) did not read them either.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 26, 2021, 08:55:41 AM
Back to the thread, Britain is increasingly divided.
Due to the minority not accepting the democratic vote and the majority not accepting the minorities attempts to highjack the agenda .

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 26, 2021, 08:55:41 AM
That is the impression you give.  Back to the thread, Britain is increasingly divided.
Along which lines? because apart from several wars the UK has always had major divisions.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 26, 2021, 08:49:23 AM
The one who is often complaining of "vicious personal attacks" uses the word "rabid" to describe another member.  ::)

That is the impression you give.  Back to the thread, Britain is increasingly divided.

Barry

The one who is often complaining of "vicious personal attacks" uses the word "rabid" to describe another member.  ::)
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2021, 10:56:16 PM
All smokers die. Also a factually accurate statement.

About as much use as most of your contributions, but worthless.

I suspect that you as a rabid  Brexiter do not like the truth.