One Britain One Nation

Started by papasmurf, June 23, 2021, 10:17:05 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2021, 07:16:43 PM
A factually accurate answer which you don't like.

All smokers die. Also a factually accurate statement.

About as much use as most of your contributions, but worthless.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Can't believe still moaning about the vote,it happened get over it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2021, 07:53:25 PM
That 17+ million are going to start complaining when the effects of the dog's Brexit and the dodgy trade deals Bojo-The-Clown is signing it appears without reading, effects them.

Yes, but you always complain Pappy. You whinge about everything. If the sun goes in you say it is too cold and when it comes out you demand that something be done before you go down with the heat stroke.

In political terms you are what is known as a miserable old git.

Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2021, 07:53:25 PM
That 17+ million are going to start complaining when the effects of the dog's Brexit and the dodgy trade deals Bojo-The-Clown is signing it appears without reading, effects them.
I wouldn't expect the PM to read them. He delegates that to Liz Truss and her team.
Oh, and it's affects, so you can be more effective online.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2021, 07:40:43 PM
But no doubt all the 17+million are happy for everyone to suffer now the UK has gained control of its borders, got a foreign supplier printing their new blue passports, and regained this extra sovereignty...

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2021, 06:41:59 PM
Usual pathetic answer.

Put another way, 4.5 million more people voted to leave than voted to stay in 1975. Didn't get a choice to enter.

23% of the population voted remain in 1975.
26% of the population voted leave in 2016.

You lost which ever way you spin it, suck it up Buttercup.
23% of he population or 23% of the electorate?
26% of the population or 26% of the electorate? 

I ask because it is different, and could lead to — for example — dissatisfaction over phone roaming charges while on holiday, the hospitality and similar services sectors critically short of staff, and farmers fearing they'll pay the price of Brexit with their livelihoods. All topics lied about (with others) during the Brexit argument. But no doubt all the 17+million are happy for everyone to suffer now the UK has gained control of its borders, got a foreign supplier printing their new blue passports, and regained this extra sovereignty...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2021, 06:41:59 PM
Usual pathetic answer.

A factually accurate answer which you don't like.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2021, 09:57:15 AM
It does not matter how your spin it, a majority of the electorate did not vote leave. But the majority of the electorate will have to suffer the consequences.

Well, they have a lifetime to regret sitting on their fat arses and not voting then

Or not.

Because the one thing that is for certain is nobody knows how any non voters would have voted

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2021, 06:23:24 PM
None of them were won on the majority of the electorate.

Usual pathetic answer.

Put another way, 4.5 million more people voted to leave than voted to stay in 1975. Didn't get a choice to enter.

23% of the population voted remain in 1975.
26% of the population voted leave in 2016.

You lost which ever way you spin it, suck it up Buttercup.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2021, 06:21:40 PM
You're just obfuscating, we don't live in another democracy and the rules are the rules. You can't just change the rules cause you lost, not once but many times

2015 GE with referendum a key point. Tories won.

2016 Referendum. Leave won.

2017 GE Tories with 42.4% of vote. More than any remain party

2017 vote on triggering article 50. Won by leave.

2019 Brexit party win big in EU elections

2019 Boris wins GE

2020 Boris wins again with massive 80 seat majority

2020 Parliament agrees withdrawal bill.

How many wins do you want? Is 4 General elections and a referendum win not enough to tell you what people want?

As for the highlighted part, it was the biggest turnout in the history of ever!!

None of them were won on the majority of the electorate.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2021, 03:32:36 PM
But Brexit doesn't only concern Scotland.  And you didn't address the 'Had both sides stuck to presenting facts' observation.   

In other democracies, referendums on matters affecting constitutional and citizens' rights thresholds such as a majority of cantons/regions/states etc must vote for the change. [HIGHLIGHT]Others require a set proportion of the electorate to have voted in favour of change.[/HIGHLIGHT] UK governments have consistently rejected the idea of referendum thresholds — one early objection to them was that referendums were not a normal or usual ways of testing the electorate's will so it wasn't necessary...

You're just obfuscating, we don't live in another democracy and the rules are the rules. You can't just change the rules cause you lost, not once but many times

2015 GE with referendum a key point. Tories won.

2016 Referendum. Leave won.

2017 GE Tories with 42.4% of vote. More than any remain party

2017 vote on triggering article 50. Won by leave.

2019 Brexit party win big in EU elections

2019 Boris wins GE

2020 Boris wins again with massive 80 seat majority

2020 Parliament agrees withdrawal bill.

How many wins do you want? Is 4 General elections and a referendum win not enough to tell you what people want?

As for the highlighted part, it was the biggest turnout in the history of ever!!

patman post

But Brexit doesn't only concern Scotland.  And you didn't address the 'Had both sides stuck to presenting facts' observation.   

In other democracies, referendums on matters affecting constitutional and citizens' rights thresholds such as a majority of cantons/regions/states etc must vote for the change. Others require a set proportion of the electorate to have voted in favour of change. UK governments have consistently rejected the idea of referendum thresholds — one early objection to them was that referendums were not a normal or usual ways of testing the electorate's will so it wasn't necessary...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2021, 12:54:48 PM

Takes two to tango though — if the Leave v Remain votes hadn't been so close, and both sides had stuck to presenting facts, the remaining animosity might not have spilled over into so many facets of modern life where decisions have to be made...

It wasn't close. The majority was more than gave the SNP their LANDSLIDE 50 seats in parliament!!

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2021, 03:52:50 AMThink you'll find that 4 years of Remoaners trying to undermine a democratic majority has divided us.

Takes two to tango though — if the Leave v Remain votes hadn't been so close, and both sides had stuck to presenting facts, the remaining animosity might not have spilled over into so many facets of modern life where decisions have to be made...

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2021, 10:19:47 AM
The Tory government is controlled by foreign money.
The old fall back then. When the questions get tough and reality slaps you in the face.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!