SKY NewsThe Chemical Brothers, Blur and Radiohead urge government to help musicians tour the EU

Started by GBNews, June 24, 2021, 01:02:21 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 24, 2021, 02:48:59 PM
Cobblers,I worked in Deutschland early seventies and know different.

You are NOT aware of what the CURRENT post Brexit problems are.
(I am fed up with the insults frankly, there has been more that enough information about the problems that you are not aware of them is your fault not mine.)

More at link:-

https://www.nme.com/news/music/uk-artists-managers-limbo-struggle-book-tours-europe-brexit-2908050

UK artists left in "limbo of chaos and confusion" in attempting to book post-Brexit European tours
Government criticised for a lack of action as tours are cancelled: "Without suitable remedies, we will see our world-renowned industry start to wither"
The government's failure to negotiate visa-free travel and Europe-wide work permits for musicians and crew has sparked fears that artists will face huge costs to future live music tours of the continent which could create a glass ceiling that prevents rising and developing artists from being able to afford to do so.

It is also warned that thousands of jobs and millions in income for crew, haulage and production will also be lost to the EU.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 24, 2021, 02:30:12 PM
They didn't need work visas, now they they do.
Cobblers,I worked in Deutschland early seventies and know different.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 24, 2021, 02:27:02 PM
Oh dear before we joined the common market how did all those groups like the beatles,stones et al strapped for cash manage? :-\

They didn't need work visas, now they they do.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Oh dear before we joined the common market how did all those groups like the beatles,stones et al strapped for cash manage? :-\
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GBNews

The Chemical Brothers, Blur and Radiohead urge government to help musicians tour the EU

The Chemical Brothers, Blur, Primal Scream and Radiohead are among the artists urging the government to make it easier for British musicians to tour in the European Union post-Brexit.

Source: The Chemical Brothers, Blur and Radiohead urge government to help musicians tour the EU