SKY NewsThe Chemical Brothers, Blur and Radiohead urge government to help musicians tour the EU

Started by GBNews, June 24, 2021, 01:02:21 AM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on June 24, 2021, 09:55:45 PMSo you believe their grievances should be taken seriously,but have no ideas other than any suggestion are of no consequence.....great :P

Yes, unsurprisingly I don't know enough about the situation to make a suggestion worth anyones time to read, however, I think that ignoring the concerns of the people who are in the industry is folly.
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on June 24, 2021, 08:28:17 PM
My suggestions are of no consequence, but I think the grievances of artists (which of course includes the countless staff involved in touring) should be taken seriously, and not taken with attitude of 'the Beatles were okay 50 years ago'.
So you believe their grievances should be taken seriously,but have no ideas other than any suggestion are of no consequence.....great :P Butt Kick
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on June 24, 2021, 08:28:17 PM
My suggestions are of no consequence, but I think the grievances of artists (which of course includes the countless staff involved in touring) should be taken seriously, and not taken with attitude of 'the Beatles were okay 50 years ago'.

Agreed. It also means no musicians, and other artists will be able to get to the next interceltic festival in Brittany when it happens.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on June 24, 2021, 07:05:42 PMso I'll ask you the same question as smurfy, do you suggest we crawl back and rejoin......

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 24, 2021, 07:30:36 PM
Good

The disastrous effects of the dog's Brexit have only just started, a lot more problems from July and even more from January 2022.

cromwell

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 24, 2021, 07:05:42 PM
I'll ask you the same question as smurfy, do you suggest we crawl back and rejoin.

That bridge has been burned.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on June 24, 2021, 03:47:30 PM
I'm sure you can think of a number of ways in which your workplace logistics would be made much worse if present standard practices were rolled back decades.

It seems unsurprising that people in these industries are trying to make their voice heard.
Look the EU publicly stated any member leaving must be punished to ensure non follow suit,they aren't going to give on this the same as film and tv https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/21/eu-prepares-cut-amount-british-tv-film-shown-brexit so I'll ask you the same question as smurfy, do you suggest we crawl back and rejoin......me I'd tell them to go **** themselves.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on June 24, 2021, 02:27:02 PM
Oh dear before we joined the common market how did all those groups like the beatles,stones et al strapped for cash manage? :-\

I'm sure you can think of a number of ways in which your workplace logistics would be made much worse if present standard practices were rolled back decades.

It seems unsurprising that people in these industries are trying to make their voice heard.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 24, 2021, 03:43:26 PM
Then they'll have to live with it wont they,what do you suggest another vote to go back in?

What I suggest is Bojo-The-Clown mans up and does something about the deal he signed but never read.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 24, 2021, 03:27:16 PM
That has no relevance at all to the current problems. Visa for each EU country paperwork for all musical instruments and kit. Paperwork for the vehicles. The list goes on.
Then they'll have to live with it wont they,what do you suggest another vote to go back in?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 24, 2021, 03:17:22 PM
Oh don't be so soft,cobblers is no insult.
AnywayI had to have a work permit,so what I managed.

That has no relevance at all to the current problems. Visa for each EU country paperwork for all musical instruments and kit. Paperwork for the vehicles. The list goes on.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 24, 2021, 03:10:07 PM
Cobblers, when you don't know what you are on about, and have to be nasty.
Oh don't be so soft,cobblers is no insult.
AnywayI had to have a work permit,so what I managed.

papasmurf

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 24, 2021, 03:05:48 PM
You are NOT aware of what the CURRENT post Brexit problems are.
(I am fed up with the insults frankly, there has been more that enough information about the problems that you are not aware of them is your fault not mine.)

More at link:-

https://www.nme.com/news/music/uk-artists-managers-limbo-struggle-book-tours-europe-brexit-2908050

UK artists left in "limbo of chaos and confusion" in attempting to book post-Brexit European tours
Government criticised for a lack of action as tours are cancelled: "Without suitable remedies, we will see our world-renowned industry start to wither"
The government's failure to negotiate visa-free travel and Europe-wide work permits for musicians and crew has sparked fears that artists will face huge costs to future live music tours of the continent which could create a glass ceiling that prevents rising and developing artists from being able to afford to do so.

It is also warned that thousands of jobs and millions in income for crew, haulage and production will also be lost to the EU.

Insults,What insults?