UK deaths outnumber births for first time in 40 years

Started by papasmurf, June 24, 2021, 07:30:02 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2021, 09:15:17 AM
Simple, the French tell them the streets are paved in gold.

It is the Daily Mail that does that. It still amazes me that people still tell blatant lies about immigrants and benefits in Britain, no matter how often the actuality is referenced.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on June 24, 2021, 11:18:43 PM
LOL the madness of it all, when they get here, they moan about their accommodation and food and lack of money, I honestly don't what they thought they were entering, but a shock it must be finding out the road isn't made of gold and welcome to the parasitic society that we all tend to accept as our lot. Running around stabbing everyone won't change a thing.

Simple, the French tell them the streets are paved in gold.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on June 24, 2021, 10:09:25 PM
I'm sure we can replace the 7000 with illegal arrivals across the channel.  Union Flag
LOL the madness of it all, when they get here, they moan about their accommodation and food and lack of money, I honestly don't what they thought they were entering, but a shock it must be finding out the road isn't made of gold and welcome to the parasitic society that we all tend to accept as our lot. Running around stabbing everyone won't change a thing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

I'm sure we can replace the 7000 with illegal arrivals across the channel.  Union Flag
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 24, 2021, 08:10:33 PM
So many idiots taking to two wheels in the past year has probably played a part. 

I predict a large rise in Darwin awards due to electric scooters.

patman post

So many idiots taking to two wheels in the past year has probably played a part. 

Almost had a two person Tramway run into me coming home tonight. Rider and passenger had no helmets and the bike no number plates.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Takmeway-55-60km-Electric-Absorption-Anti-theft/dp/B08BP7C3D1/ref=pd_lpo_200_t_0/258-9410857-7351421?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B08BP7C3D1&pd_rd_r=55154127-5206-4f91-acdf-e35ee0fd0b43&pd_rd_w=wnKrE&pd_rd_wg=0mscB&pf_rd_p=722a9e52-5bd0-48ef-8317-7d8bd897dfd3&pf_rd_r=7B6VP92NEAXEBVBXWHDH&psc=1&refRID=7B6VP92NEAXEBVBXWHDH.   

The authorities need to get their act together with all these unregistered electric vehicle charging along the roads and pavements...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Interesting news, I expected with so many people "trapped," at home the birth rate would have rocketed.

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57600757

UK deaths outnumber births for first time in 40 years
By Robert Cuffe
Head of statistics

Published1 hour ago

Last year more deaths than births were registered in the UK for the first time since 1976.

In total, just over 683,000 births were registered compared with nearly 690,000 deaths.

This was only the second time deaths have outnumbered births since the late 1890s.

The coronavirus epidemic led to a sharp rise in deaths last year but birth rates have also been falling for the last decade.