Classified Ministry of Defence documents found at bus stop

Started by papasmurf, June 27, 2021, 09:03:55 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Why would it even cross your mind to even tell the BBC anonomously of course.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57624942

It looks like a cross between a toy Dalek and a slot machine from the Kursaal at Southend.

It was probably Lego's instruction sheet

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on June 27, 2021, 01:31:08 PM
Anyone seriously believe this is an accident?

Given the long history of such cock-ups yes I do. Such sensitive material should never be let out of the "office."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

Anyone seriously believe this is an accident?

When senior Civil Servants are very unhappy about a policy of a Minister, they tend to accidentally leave sensitive/secret documents in the Photocopiers is publically/press accessed areas.
When senior Military officers are very unhappy about Government policy, they leave them in taxis or buss stops. All very well established traditions.

Not the sort of thing you leave to chance, so rest assured that these things will usually be found by someone already tipped off as to where to look.

The fact that these documents include details of HMS Defender and the military assessment of the Russian likely reaction to last weeks provocation, only supports the view that this was a Politically inspired event and that Military commanders were dead set against.

Sheepy

I somehow doubt they are the plans for the latest nuclear warhead, so we can keep calm and carry on. LOL
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on June 27, 2021, 09:24:17 AM
Good old loyal member of the Kent public. They vote Green round here, you know. If I had found those papers I would have taken them to a Police Station, but then, I don't vote Green.

"A member of the public, who wishes to remain anonymous, contacted the BBC when he realised the sensitive nature of the contents."

What a contemptible little shit.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 27, 2021, 10:18:01 AM
I'd have handed them to my MP

That would involve finding my (Tory,) MP, he appears to have been in hiding for months.

johnofgwent

I'd have handed them to my MP

It would be fun watching her explain how she came by them seeing as how unlike Tam Dalyell she can hardly say she is a member of Her Majesty's LOYAL opposition
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 27, 2021, 09:24:17 AM
Good old loyal member of the Kent public. They vote Green round here, you know. If I had found those papers I would have taken them to a Police Station, but then, I don't vote Green.

If I found anything like that I would hand it in to the MOD police at the navy base 10 miles away.

Barry

QuoteA member of the public, who wishes to remain anonymous, contacted the BBC when he realised the sensitive nature of the contents.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I have to wonder why security in Britain has got so lax. This is just the latest in long line of security cock-ups:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57624942

Classified Ministry of Defence documents found at bus stop
By Paul Adams
Diplomatic correspondent

Published58 minutes ago

Classified Ministry of Defence documents containing details about HMS Defender and the British military have been found at a bus stop in Kent.

One set of documents discusses the likely Russian reaction to the ship's passage through Ukrainian waters off the Crimea coast on Wednesday.

Another details plans for a possible UK military presence in Afghanistan after the US-led Nato operation there ends.

The government said an investigation had been launched.

A Ministry of Defence spokesperson said an employee had reported the loss of sensitive defence papers, adding: "It would be inappropriate to comment further."