Yes the US is an asylum

Started by cromwell, June 27, 2021, 10:06:28 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on June 30, 2021, 11:47:40 AM
Looney bin............I rest my case ::)
I haven't really been following the full-on American Drama or whatever they call it these days, but you can bet they are ignoring the real problems that caused an attack on their power base and lashing out elsewhere.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on June 30, 2021, 11:40:24 AM
Yes I knew it was leg pull, but it did touch on a serious subject, which I thought was worth pursuing.
The speed with which New Orleans turned into Mogadishu was truly stunning and the Biden himself has been warning about the wave of lawlessness sweeping through US cities in the wake of BLM and the defunding hysteria. In case you missed it, he did in fact effectively threaten "Insurrectionists" with F22's and Nukes.

Looney bin............I rest my case ::)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on June 30, 2021, 11:14:37 AM
Well I thought the  :P would have shown you I was just pulling your leg.
Anyway under stress any society will have parts that quickly break down,the siege of Leningrad where there was cannibalism and Germany where many looked on and turned a blind eye to the barbarism enacted in their face.

There are no countries where there is this element that would behave like that,whilst I think the US is a looney bin that is a generalisation,there are of course many good people there.

Yes I knew it was leg pull, but it did touch on a serious subject, which I thought was worth pursuing.
The speed with which New Orleans turned into Mogadishu was truly stunning and the Biden himself has been warning about the wave of lawlessness sweeping through US cities in the wake of BLM and the defunding hysteria. In case you missed it, he did in fact effectively threaten "Insurrectionists" with F22's and Nukes.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on June 30, 2021, 11:00:39 AM
Well no doubt, that is exactly what a real Cyber War attack would look like.
All that does though is switch off the lights, how people react once the lights are off is no-ones fault other than that countries itself.
A good country that genuinely believes in itself will see most people pulling together and making sure everybody gets through.
A bad country just grabs the opportunity to throw the veneer of civilisation out of the window and revert to barbarism.
We already know from partial experience which of these to expect in the US. Probably true enough in the UK to in many parts.
Well I thought the  :P would have shown you I was just pulling your leg.
Anyway under stress any society will have parts that quickly break down,the siege of Leningrad where there was cannibalism and Germany where many looked on and turned a blind eye to the barbarism enacted in their face.

There are no countries where there is this element that would behave like that,whilst I think the US is a looney bin that is a generalisation,there are of course many good people there.

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on June 30, 2021, 07:38:42 AM
Almost forgot,is that because the Chinese or Russians have mounted another cyber attack and closed down the power? :P

Well no doubt, that is exactly what a real Cyber War attack would look like.
All that does though is switch off the lights, how people react once the lights are off is no-ones fault other than that countries itself.
A good country that genuinely believes in itself will see most people pulling together and making sure everybody gets through.
A bad country just grabs the opportunity to throw the veneer of civilisation out of the window and revert to barbarism.
We already know from partial experience which of these to expect in the US. Probably true enough in the UK to in many parts.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on June 29, 2021, 12:04:13 PM
Well maybe, a lot of parents saw what happened when Katrina hit New Orleans and what is happening in cities throughout the US in the wake of BLM and have been able to join the dots as to what will happen if the lights go out one night nationwide....
Almost forgot,is that because the Chinese or Russians have mounted another cyber attack and closed down the power? :P

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on June 29, 2021, 12:04:13 PM
Well maybe, a lot of parents saw what happened when Katrina hit New Orleans and what is happening in cities throughout the US in the wake of BLM and have been able to join the dots as to what will happen if the lights go out one night nationwide....
yeah great alternative https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56357828

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on June 27, 2021, 10:06:28 PM
No govt regulation,and why would you do this to your kids?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57442175

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

^^^

I guess public schools can be a Harrowing experience — but they've prepared a number of PMs, both good and bad...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 28, 2021, 07:06:58 AM
I have to say in the battle for my sympathy a LOT of kids are WAY in front of Paris Hilton.
Yeah and there are a lot,apart from her.

johnofgwent

I have to say in the battle for my sympathy a LOT of kids are WAY in front of Paris Hilton.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell