Trump has arrived in London

Started by Churchill, December 03, 2019, 08:56:28 AM

« previous - next »

Churchill

I don't know about others but yes I do, it is not the deal I would have liked a clean break is what I expected but thanks to all the nonsense since 2016 its the best I can hope for at this stage,
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8385 time=1575552513 user_id=89
You do realise that even if Boris gets his way exiting the EU still won't happen for at least a year.

Boris recons by the end of January in principal. Of course, ongoing talks and agreements could take years. The main thing is that democracy will eventually be done, and we will be out. I'll drink to that  :D
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=8383 time=1575551589 user_id=87
Yeah, great idea. We will shortly be leaving the EU,

You do realise that even if Boris gets his way exiting the EU still won't happen for at least a year.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Wiggles

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8134 time=1575363388 user_id=69
Trump flew into Stanstead yesterday in order to attend a NATO meeting and will apparantly be here for three days, I do hope there is no large scale protest which will mean London Police will be taken away from their task of tying to keep us safe.

Yeah, great idea. We will shortly be leaving the EU, so lets piss off our greatest ally. So let's discuss exactly what he does wrong. Firstly the US economy is booming, secondly he has reduced immigration, something we desperately need to do, and finally, he is the only president the USA have had for years who attempts to carry out his promises. I seriously wish we had our own version. The left wing snowflakes who will be protesting don't bother to protest when leaders from countries such as Saudi Arabia come for a visit, but they don't like the leader of a country which is known for it's democracy. Another reason to use protesters for army target practice.
A hand up, not a hand out

Churchill

A Demo did take place last night in the Mall outside Buck House about 100 NHS Staff turned up who I believe organised  the event , but an estimated 2000 Corbyn supporters from the far left turned up and basically took over.

Because of where the Demo was lots of Police had to attend, one Tommy Robsinson has some sort of confrontation with Police apart from that noisy but glad to say no serious problems
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Churchill

I took little interest in Polotics until I was in my later 20's and got married before that I was far too busy working the clock round when the kids arrived I had to work even harder, Poloticians and even Royalty have been mocked and had the piss taken out of them for centuries, you just don't get thrown to the Lions in the arena these days. :D

patman post

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8293 time=1575471632 user_id=69
All Leaders of all nations are mocked even loathed by some who do not like them,even hate them or do not share their polotics, what is so unusual about that.  

The reason Ospreys were used on Trumps last visit is because they can carry 32 passengers ( troops), vertical take off and landing capabilities into a relatively small area same as an helicopter , if they needed to get Trump out in a hurry IMO, extra insurance they work with our Security Services and others.

American Presidents always have a large security net around when in the States or outside of it them not just Trump no matter where they go

You've most likely been around and taking an interest in politics longer than me and, I agree, many leaders are the butt of jokes at one time or another.

But I cannot recall ever seeing such a level of open outright mocking and piss taking of a US president. There's a complete lack of respect for someone who's thought of as a clown — and that seems to be rubbing off on the office.

Other leaders may have been joked about, but they tended to be treated with caution and wariness. Trump seems to be regarded as some type of paranoid, unpredictable nutter, who's somehow got out to play in the real world.

Apart from that, I guess he's doing reasonably well at getting noticed...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Churchill

All Leaders of all nations are mocked even loathed by some who do not like them,even hate them or do not share their polotics, what is so unusual about that.  

The reason Ospreys were used on Trumps last visit is because they can carry 32 passengers ( troops), vertical take off and landing capabilities into a relatively small area same as an helicopter , if they needed to get Trump out in a hurry IMO, extra insurance they work with our Security Services and others.

American Presidents always have a large security net around when in the States or outside of it them not just Trump no matter where they go

patman post

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=8158 time=1575382869 user_id=70
Haven't noticed the constant surveillance from a pack of Ospreys circling overhead as happened on the last Trump visit. Are his minders realizing he's regarded here as more of a joke than a threat to be eradicated...?

Seems I was near the mark — even other leaders are seen to be mocking him:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/trump-calls-trudeau-two-faced-21024045#source=push">https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... ource=push">https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/trump-calls-trudeau-two-faced-21024045#source=push

Are US voters happy to have a leader who is openly mocked and ridiculed by most of the rest of the world...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Churchill

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=8177 time=1575392118 user_id=75
You support peaceful protests but hope there are no protests against Trump? You are contradicting yourself.

Here is what I posted, reason being and common sense means a large scale protest means large numbers of Police will be needed to facilitate it

" Trump flew into Stanstead yesterday in order to attend a NATO meeting and will apparantly be here for three days, I do hope there is no large scale protest which will mean London Police will be taken away from their task of tying to keep us safe.

Ciaphas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8172 time=1575391055 user_id=69
That is not a question you have answered it wrongly on my behalf

Wrong assumption again no need to guess , I am on record in the Forum of supporting peaceful protest have a look

You support peaceful protests but hope there are no protests against Trump? You are contradicting yourself.

Churchill

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=8170 time=1575390822 user_id=75
You really don't like protesters do you.

That is not a question you have answered it wrongly on my behalf

Wrong assumption again no need to guess , I am on record in the Forum of supporting peaceful protest have a look

Ciaphas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8134 time=1575363388 user_id=69
Trump flew into Stanstead yesterday in order to attend a NATO meeting and will apparantly be here for three days, I do hope there is no large scale protest which will mean London Police will be taken away from their task of tying to keep us safe.

You really don't like protesters do you.

patman post

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8161 time=1575384902 user_id=69
I only saw two of them when he was here last time flew in from the North over Alex Pally heading to Central London

Happened to be home (N16) and saw three circling over from the southwest followed a few (5?) minutes later by two on a similar circuit, followed again by three. This sequence continued for approx 45 min. Seemed to me like a pack of five.

Ally Pally would be roughly northwest-ish of N16...

Churchill

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=8158 time=1575382869 user_id=70
Haven't noticed the constant surveillance from a pack of Ospreys circling overhead as happened on the last Trump visit. Are his minders realizing he's regarded here as more of a joke than a threat to be eradicated...?

I only saw two of them when he was here last time flew in from the North over Alex Pally heading to Central London