Yeah well, what were you expecting?

Started by Sheepy, June 30, 2021, 11:47:05 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on July 04, 2021, 02:48:22 PMI would be inclined to say never trust a politician.

Loathsome as the Tories are, there is little doubt that the first order of business for most all the other parties would be to rush over to Brussels and apply for readmission to the EU.
While in the meantime if grannies cat gets run over it will be the fault of Brexit.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on July 03, 2021, 05:52:20 AM
Oh Blimey Nick ain't it obvious,the Westminster bubbles enthusiasm for brexit has always been low.
May was bloody useless and her talk about brexit is brexit was just that,Boris and co in the main carpetbaggers.

They've never embraced brexit and the tories only feigned any enthusiasm because of the farage threat who in reality was one of the few who really understands the eu and should've been at the forefront of negotiations.

Take note of SW "never trust a Tory"

I would be inclined to say never trust a politician.

Loathsome as the Tories are, there is little doubt that the first order of business for most all the other parties would be to rush over to Brussels and apply for readmission to the EU. Meanwhile, about the only virtue that Boris has is that he realises if he even hints at such a thing, the Tory grass roots will see him out on his arse before he can flap his hands and say flower bridges.

So I will hold my nose and support the blond moppet until someone better comes along.   
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on July 02, 2021, 05:07:38 PM
Motives behind what?
Oh Blimey Nick ain't it obvious,the Westminster bubbles enthusiasm for brexit has always been low.
May was bloody useless and her talk about brexit is brexit was just that,Boris and co in the main carpetbaggers.

They've never embraced brexit and the tories only feigned any enthusiasm because of the farage threat who in reality was one of the few who really understands the eu and should've been at the forefront of negotiations.

Take note of SW "never trust a Tory"
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on July 02, 2021, 05:07:38 PM
Motives behind what?
Dunno, but there are many motives so Vlad was telling me some people believe.
But then he is smart like that.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 02, 2021, 08:29:10 AM
And you still misunderstand,it's not about the level of standards or alignment rather more the motives of politicians behind them.

Motives behind what?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on July 02, 2021, 05:01:51 AM
But it's not alignment, our standards are already higher.
And you still misunderstand,it's not about the level of standards or alignment rather more the motives of politicians behind them.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 01, 2021, 09:41:06 PM
I think you misunderstand,it's not just the alignment of standards but wht they represent in  bigger picture.

But it's not alignment, our standards are already higher.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on July 01, 2021, 02:11:24 PM
Think you're both being a bit cynical there.
I think you will struggle to find anyone who voted for Brexit based on alignment of standards. Virtually all UK standards surpass EU ones anyway.
I think you misunderstand,it's not just the alignment of standards but wht they represent in  bigger picture.

Nick

Think you're both being a bit cynical there.
I think you will struggle to find anyone who voted for Brexit based on alignment of standards. Virtually all UK standards surpass EU ones anyway.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on July 01, 2021, 07:58:15 AM
well Sheeps there is still a narrative in both Westminster and Brussels  that we should align as much as possible with Europe.

I think these extensions will be extended in the hope nobody notices and over a period of time the madness that caused so many to vote to leave will gradually pass and we will slowly creep back under the Brussels comfort blanket.........well that's the theory anyway.

There's never been a determination or a beating heart in westminsters two main parties that wants or is able to deliver the brexit voted for.

Sheeps we'll never be free of your Westminster party as it stands till we really leave the eu.
True, so we will just have to put more effort in. Which is really annoying for some.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on June 30, 2021, 11:47:05 AM
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/527916-broken-britain-failed-leaders/

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/uk-to-agree-to-conditions-with-eu-as-both-sides-prepare-truce-to-avoid-sausage-war/ar-AALB6RG?ocid=msedgntp
Just because they can!!!
well Sheeps there is still a narrative in both Westminster and Brussels  that we should align as much as possible with Europe.

I think these extensions will be extended in the hope nobody notices and over a period of time the madness that caused so many to vote to leave will gradually pass and we will slowly creep back under the Brussels comfort blanket.........well that's the theory anyway.

There's never been a determination or a beating heart in westminsters two main parties that wants or is able to deliver the brexit voted for.

Sheeps we'll never be free of your Westminster party as it stands till we really leave the eu.