Don't call me stupid or I will have to retaliate

Started by Sheepy, June 30, 2021, 12:17:52 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

The desire to manufacture batteries with renewables is giving rise to innovation: the Nissan gigafactory will be accompanied by more solar and wind farms serving Sunderland, storing power in recycled car batteries for the plant's "microgrid", the first of its kind in the UK.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 01, 2021, 02:53:53 PM
There are hundreds of Climate scientists who categorically state that anthropogenic climate change is a myth with absolutely no science behind it. As you would say... FFS, I have posted evidence several times.

Are they the ones paid for by the oil companies?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2021, 12:23:32 PM
I don't know of anyone stating that.

There are hundreds of Climate scientists who categorically state that anthropogenic climate change is a myth with absolutely no science behind it. As you would say... FFS, I have posted evidence several times.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

The Guardian has a recent explanation of who owns and who manages the sea bed round the UK...

The Queen's ownership of the British coastline is as old as the monarchy itself. But her right to collect royalties from wind and wave power is much more recent: it was granted by Tony Blair's Labour government in a 2004 act of parliament. The Crown Estate, which manages the royal property portfolio, is holding the first auction of seabed plots for windfarm turbines in a decade. It emerged this week that bidding has reached record highs as energy firms look to diversify away from oil.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/05/how-the-queen-came-to-own-the-seabed-around-britain
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 01, 2021, 11:36:23 AM
I don't care, so I don't know what your problem is. It is just a shame the battery factory won't be in Cornwall even if the extraction of Lithium proves to be practical, economic and in sufficient quantity.
(As it is the Lithium will be mainly imported from China.)
But then, I don't care that you don't care, obviously.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 01, 2021, 11:30:58 AM
Well, whatever, the factories are going to be built and funding is going in place for others and wind turbines will be thought about and most likely added. Not because of the like of you but despite you.

I don't care, so I don't know what your problem is. It is just a shame the battery factory won't be in Cornwall even if the extraction of Lithium proves to be practical, economic and in sufficient quantity.
(As it is the Lithium will be mainly imported from China.)

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 01, 2021, 11:24:51 AM
I suggest you bother to look up the history of the Crown Estate before putting both feet in you gob yet again.
Well, whatever, the factories are going to be built and funding is going in place for others and wind turbines will be thought about and most likely added. Not because of the like of you but despite you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 01, 2021, 11:22:03 AM
Oh yeah and the Royal family have no say over the crown estate, if you believe that you will believe anything as it passes down the line of succession.

I suggest you bother to look up the history of the Crown Estate before putting both feet in you gob yet again.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 01, 2021, 11:17:28 AM
You are wrong. The Crown Estate does, there is a subtle difference.
Oh yeah and the Royal family have no say over the crown estate, if you believe that you will believe anything as it passes down the line of succession.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 01, 2021, 11:12:57 AM
Queen Elizabeth owns all the seabed from the mean low water mark out to 12 nautical miles,

You are wrong. The Crown Estate does, there is a subtle difference.

Sheepy

Queen Elizabeth owns all the seabed from the mean low water mark out to 12 nautical miles, or 13.8 miles or 22.2 kilometers. Because she owns all the seabeds, the Queen also owns the Thanet Offshore Wind Farm, the world's largest when it opened in 2010.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 01, 2021, 11:08:36 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/nissan-confirms-huge-electric-car-battery-gigafactory-in-sunderland/ar-AALDhfj?ocid=msedgntp
Anyway next, where are the wind turbines? don't rely on Charlie leasing you the sea bed he will only be filling his own pockets.

The Royal Family does not own the sea-bed.

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 30, 2021, 09:15:04 PM
That is agreeing with me so I don't know what your effing problem is.
I know what yours is, you got outwitted by the lorry driver shortage and didn't have anything to whine about, since then you have been following me around on a mission.