Fear Not.

Started by Nick, July 01, 2021, 02:06:49 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 06, 2021, 12:02:44 PM
Not any more. Be double that where I live in Cornwall.

Not if you look around. As said before, Cornwall if pretty much an old folks home and the great thing about oldies is that by the nature of things they tend to create vacancies

Overall I think that I prefer the rest of the West Country, which tends to be less twee and hypochondriac. Apparently one of reasons Gloucester Council wants to abolish the Coopers Hill Cheese Rolling Contest is not the number of injuries so much as the difficulty in finding enough ambulances.

Still, you never know Pappy, we may end up as neighbours   :) :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 06, 2021, 11:30:08 AM
And all three of years are conflicting.

Can you translate that please.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 06, 2021, 05:59:05 AM
And you can get a detached bungalow for not much more than £200K.

Not any more. Be double that where I live in Cornwall.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 06, 2021, 11:30:08 AM
Productive smelling...?

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 06, 2021, 07:29:14 AM
Because there are three different reasons.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 06, 2021, 05:35:11 AM
You've basically given 3 different reasons for the same problem in one sentence.

Because there are three different reasons.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on July 04, 2021, 08:21:37 PMHigher Carnkie
And you can get a detached bungalow for not much more than £200K.
That is the great thing about Cornwall. What with so many folk going there to die there are always plenty of bargains because they do.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 05, 2021, 06:57:18 AMserious shortage of staff due to nowhere for the staff to live and no foreign workers being let into the UK due to post Brexit regulations put in place by the Angel of Death, (Priti Patel.)

You've basically given 3 different reasons for the same problem in one sentence.

There is nobody to fill these jobs, but if there were there would be nowhere for them to live. And it's all Brexit's fault cause there are no foreign workers.

Firstly, net migration is still around 3% from the EU, that means more are still coming in than leave
Secondly, according to you there is nowhere for them to live so it doesn't matter. Where did they all live last year? If you're going to tell me all the rental accommodation is full then that has nothing to do with Brexit and is solely down to COVID and the inability of people to travel abroad for holidays. I've seen cottages down your way going for 6 grand a week, it's madness but nowt to do with Brexit.

Last year I worked 8 months down in the East end of London at LCY airport, all the restaurants that were serving food had a reduced menu. It is down to fewer punters and picking the top sellers in order to not waste food, again absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 04, 2021, 08:21:37 PM
Luckily you have no control over it, and the fact I have a cottage booked in Higher Carnkie soon makes it even better.

I doubt you will like the badly behaved tourists and bad service and limited menus due to a serious shortage of staff due to nowhere for the staff to live and no foreign workers being let into the UK due to post Brexit regulations put in place by the Angel of Death, (Priti Patel.)
The situation is dire and getting worse. I live in Cornwall but would not holiday here. (It is far too bloody expensive.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 04, 2021, 05:53:18 PM
I (and others,) want the number of tourists curbed. You cannot get a gallon into pint pot.

Luckily you have no control over it, and the fact I have a cottage booked in Higher Carnkie soon makes it even better.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 02, 2021, 01:50:35 PM
This is the issue Paps, you can't keep to the same point of view.
One minute you're moaning that the restaurants in Cornwall are running on empty due to lack of immigrant workers, now you want the place locked down.

Just no consistency.

I (and others,) want the number of tourists curbed. You cannot get a gallon into pint pot.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 01, 2021, 09:23:02 PMI wish it were closed off

This is the issue Paps, you can't keep to the same point of view.
One minute you're moaning that the restaurants in Cornwall are running on empty due to lack of immigrant workers, now you want the place locked down.

Just no consistency.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on July 01, 2021, 05:32:51 PM
Production is not reserves.
But a production of 40K to 45K metric tons a year shows confidence in there being reserves.   
Beside which, research into using other materials such as aluminium, graphene polymers, sulphur, etc, and technologies employing plentiful carbon and solid state devices continue...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 01, 2021, 05:32:51 PM
Production is not reserves.
And sheeps validates his post ::)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 01, 2021, 09:09:48 PM

Meanwhile Pappy, having driven off the tourists and anyone else likely to spend money in the county, is happy to declare Cornwall closed too, and indeed for, business   :) :)

I wish it were closed off, ever rising numbers of the Gungha Din variant and the hospitals have had to stop elective treatment due to them filling up with near miss Darwin award tourists.