I thought about placing a score on a Labour win at Batley and Spen

Started by Borchester, July 01, 2021, 09:46:45 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Another great Labour victory, they had to bring in a sister of a murdered MP for the emotional vote and still lost 90% of their majority, a great victory indeed.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 04, 2021, 09:07:01 PM

I'm puzzled too. He isn't a Tory, after all..

He urged British troops on active service not to fight. That is treason.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 02, 2021, 07:32:16 AM

I think I should have had a go too. The gods hate me so much they would have struck down 300 labour voters to deny me my winnings ..

As most of them are dead already the gods would only have denied you by high jacking the post office van .  :-X

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on July 02, 2021, 01:56:34 PM
Good.

Thornberry is like Diane Abbott, Dawn Butler, David Lammy and a few other MPs who represent rock solid Labour constituencies. They could eat babies at the polling station and still get re elected. Meanwhile, the rest of the country thinks that they are total head dicks and votes for the opposition.

Probably because you believe the opposition is better, they are full of shit in my opinion.

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on July 02, 2021, 09:07:08 AM
Dunno, but Emily Thornberry was holding court on the BBC trotting out the same old garbage, garbling away without a thought for others views or opinions.

Good.

Thornberry is like Diane Abbott, Dawn Butler, David Lammy and a few other MPs who represent rock solid Labour constituencies. They could eat babies at the polling station and still get re elected. Meanwhile, the rest of the country thinks that they are total head dicks and votes for the opposition.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 02, 2021, 07:32:16 AM

I think I should have had a go too. The gods hate me so much they would have struck down 300 labour voters to deny me my winnings ..
Dunno, but Emily Thornberry was holding court on the BBC trotting out the same old garbage, garbling away without a thought for others views or opinions.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 02, 2021, 07:03:59 AM
A hold despite that despicable George Galloway getting 22% of the vote.
He is despicable because?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on July 02, 2021, 07:25:44 AM
As said John, I knew that I would hate myself this morning  :) :)

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 02, 2021, 07:20:01 AM
You should have had that punt, Borchester....

Starmer is already calling it a "fantastic victory"

As said John, I knew that I would hate myself this morning  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 02, 2021, 07:03:59 AM

He did well did he not? A while back Gorgeous George's only friend in the world was Saddam Hussein but now he has bounced back and is talking about contesting the results of the Batley and Spen election.He is a sort of British version of Donald Trump, although his finances are probably in better order than those of the Donald.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

You should have had that punt, Borchester....

Starmer is already calling it a "fantastic victory"

Look on the bright side. As Galloway said in his magnificent TV interview with some BBC lightweight, the whole place vanishes next time round. Jo Cox's sister (for that is who she will be remembered as, the second best substitute) has the honour of being their last MP before the seat is broken up.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 02, 2021, 05:31:22 AM
;D

Its hard to forecast anything at the moment . It was a close one 300 or so votes but a wins a win . I guess recent events probably tipped it with the floating vote in Labours favour .

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on July 01, 2021, 09:46:45 PM
The brothers and sisters have had so much shit poured on them by the media that, bearing in mind that the MSM does not know its arse from its elbow and invariably gets it wrong, I thought it would be a pretty safe bet.

But I haven't and will probably regret not doing so.

;D

Its hard to forecast anything at the moment . It was a close one 300 or so votes but a wins a win . I guess recent events probably tipped it with the floating vote in Labours favour .