New car-free street trap

Started by patman post, July 06, 2021, 06:06:28 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on July 06, 2021, 06:06:28 PM
Mrs has just received a £130/£65 fine for travelling along a car-free street. She said she didn't realize it was car free until she was in it. I visited and saw that she'd come down one street to a T junction where turning left was a dead end, and turning right confronted her with two box-planters with signs on them showing a  struck-through car and motorbike.   

Because of a delivery truck parked on the junction, the only way I could get out without falling into the same trap Mrs did was to reverse about 50 yards up the road I'd come down until I could three point turn. Round here we now also have residential roads classified as "school streets" by Hackney's "pioneering programme to transform roads outside schools and prohibit their use at school start and finish times. Bugger the poor delivery services.

Do all London boroughs now employ computer game designers who enjoy planning and putting in anti-car devices and cameras and seeing how much revenue they can raise by trapping the unwary...?

So what do the people who live in those streets do to get Amazon deliveries. Actually I see a novel way to overturn the Labour vote here. Expand this system to the whole area and leave the people in it to starve to death .... Re-imposing lockdown and thus denying them the ability to walk along the car free roads will also help by ensuring they can't get out to buy anything

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on July 07, 2021, 09:40:58 AM
Such as buses? ;)
Well sort of,there is long term parking for coaches and lorries taking stuff in to a theatre they placed the sign which prohibits entrance to that section of road from the sign onward from early morning till late at night to buses only and delivery vehicles at the front of the long term parking bay
Puke Puke
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on July 07, 2021, 04:10:41 AM
I've found that in Newcastle they stick Bus lanes everywhere and don't tell you it's a bus Lane until you're in full view of the camera.

That's £30 a pop if paid within 14 days.
Yes a trick used by Manchester the signs are placed so they are usually hidden by high vehicles.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 07, 2021, 04:10:41 AM
I've found that in Newcastle they stick Bus lanes everywhere and don't tell you it's a bus Lane until you're in full view of the camera.

It is always  worth challenging such fines as the majority of bus lanes do not have regulation compliant road markings or road signage.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

You Londoners voted for Saddo Khan, this is his doing.
Try appealing it.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

And round here with wanker burnhams bike lanes people have also took to using machinery capable of lifting planters and crap designed to randomly block off streets.

Bloody tossers, how are those with mobility problems,emergency services,bin lorries and deliveries supposed to cope.

They hide the signs and the revenue cameras,labour again....bloody highwaymen sorry.... not they are closing the highways.

Streetwalker

Same in Croydon Postman , caught out a few apparently but the main gripe round here is from nearby residents who now find they are living in rat runs and /or having to deal with mums parking across the drive while dropping off the dustbins .

patman post

Mrs has just received a £130/£65 fine for travelling along a car-free street. She said she didn't realize it was car free until she was in it. I visited and saw that she'd come down one street to a T junction where turning left was a dead end, and turning right confronted her with two box-planters with signs on them showing a  struck-through car and motorbike.   

Because of a delivery truck parked on the junction, the only way I could get out without falling into the same trap Mrs did was to reverse about 50 yards up the road I'd come down until I could three point turn. Round here we now also have residential roads classified as "school streets" by Hackney's "pioneering programme to transform roads outside schools and prohibit their use at school start and finish times. Bugger the poor delivery services.

Do all London boroughs now employ computer game designers who enjoy planning and putting in anti-car devices and cameras and seeing how much revenue they can raise by trapping the unwary...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...