Main Menu

Good advice

Started by Borchester, July 07, 2021, 01:02:52 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

I want to extend the lease on one of our properties, which is straightforward enough.

The property is owned by the local authority. So I rang them up and it immediately became apparent that they were game, but would rather someone else did the donkey work and told me to find a lawyer to make the application. So I thought fair enough, I can see this business being handled with half a dozen phone calls, a serious dent in the finances and about 30 minutes of my time.

So, nothing I did not expect and fairly painless.

Then Madam pitched in with a shit storm of good advice about the need to determine the colour of the lawyer's socks and endless bollocks about something the woman in the supermarket queue had told her about some bloody rubbish or other. So I said look, if you want to take over then be my guest and she said that was me all over and she was only trying to help. So I said that if I wanted to hear a lot of crap I would stick my head up my arse.

Whereupon she flounced out.

But I am not kidding myself. I have won a skirmish but she will be back once she has recovered her wind
Algerie Francais !