Where are Tommy and Deputy and all the rest?

Started by Borchester, July 09, 2021, 12:20:20 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on July 09, 2021, 01:20:13 PM
There isn't much going on politically really.

Given the current scandal of a government I could start at least five threads a day, but I would be wasting my time.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on July 09, 2021, 01:20:13 PM
I guess it's in the title. There isn't much going on politically really.

Starmer is caput along with his Party.
Boris is running around a bit headless with his new woman it seems.
The Conservatives are desperate to find a new way a bit like Blair in trying to be everyone's favourite flavour but without any clear vision as far as I can see.
Sajid Javid is point scoring with a view to his take-over and more concerned at camera directions than the job while he is quietly being as pro Europe as he dare risk.
Football has taken over the headlines but are now interesting only if your are English or anti British in some way.
Scotland's fish lady is fast losing both the plot and favour.
Wales seems ready to drop off and are possibly digging a very hopeful very deep ditch along the border under cover of darkness while
Scotland would be happy with a wall a la Trump.

So when you take it all together there isn't much to 'discuss' and we must remember that both DD and Thom are business owners I believe and are possibly fighting their way back into prosperity.

Ha Ha DD is loaded,fat pension and fast car............Thomas is busy raking the shekels in but might pounce when least expected.

Political forums have come and gone,there are some much quieter now,I guess it is that not much is happening right now.

Anyway if you don't want to lose it use it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 09, 2021, 01:13:50 PM
I would love to see more posts on the forum.

So would I, however usually when I start  a thread there is no response at all or it goes off topic and dies.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on July 09, 2021, 12:09:31 PM
Fair enough Toots, but there is no reason why they should commit us to a quiet life with them.

Tommy used to get up at the crack of dawn and produce posts the length of a bible. And in between pouring porridge into slipping clutches, Deputy always manage to make a few telling points.

I miss them.

And where is Morayloon and Bright Young Thing?

I guess it's in the title. There isn't much going on politically really.

Starmer is caput along with his Party.
Boris is running around a bit headless with his new woman it seems.
The Conservatives are desperate to find a new way a bit like Blair in trying to be everyone's favourite flavour but without any clear vision as far as I can see.
Sajid Javid is point scoring with a view to his take-over and more concerned at camera directions than the job while he is quietly being as pro Europe as he dare risk.
Football has taken over the headlines but are now interesting only if your are English or anti British in some way.
Scotland's fish lady is fast losing both the plot and favour.
Wales seems ready to drop off and are possibly digging a very hopeful very deep ditch along the border under cover of darkness while
Scotland would be happy with a wall a la Trump.

So when you take it all together there isn't much to 'discuss' and we must remember that both DD and Thom are business owners I believe and are possibly fighting their way back into prosperity.

Barry

I would love to see more posts on the forum. I like them to be useful, that might mean it is informative, thought provoking, or as T00ts says often, to provide a giggle of the day.
The Admin/mod team recently unbanned everyone as an amnesty and hoped that this might brighten the place up.

Forums have peaks and troughs. Most people are sick of Covid and there is not a lot of other news.
Nick does his best to improve the SEO of the forum, but as they say, you can lead a horse to water...

We are the forum. The more posts and topics we create and take part in, the more engaging it can be.
Just keep going!
† The end is nigh †

patman post

I didn't think the Piggy character would agree — but it was posted with sympathy...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 09, 2021, 12:19:57 PManodyne
Quote from: patman post on July 09, 2021, 12:19:57 PM
The forum is also failing to attract new regularly posting members — possibly because, apart from the usual schoolyard name calling (and occasional Lord of the Flies episodes as Piggy gets set upon), it's too anodyne overall...

Too anodyne? You are having a laugh.

patman post

The forum is also failing to attract new regularly posting members — possibly because, apart from the usual schoolyard name calling (and occasional Lord of the Flies episodes as Piggy gets set upon), it's too anodyne overall...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on July 09, 2021, 11:20:36 AM
Perhaps they have committed to a quiet life!

Fair enough Toots, but there is no reason why they should commit us to a quiet life with them.

Tommy used to get up at the crack of dawn and produce posts the length of a bible. And in between pouring porridge into slipping clutches, Deputy always manage to make a few telling points.

I miss them.

And where is Morayloon and Bright Young Thing?
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2021, 07:48:30 AM
Can you make that clear please it means nothing without explanation.

No, I can't say that I can.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Can you make that clear please it means nothing without explanation.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !