Majority of EU citizens polled don't want to extend Article 50

Started by Thomas, October 13, 2019, 09:03:30 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=967 time=1571292209 user_id=75
Their position is not unreasonable given that all previous extensions have been wasted and the UK is stuck in a political deadlock.

Plus the fact that the EU is just as fed up with us as we are with them.

The vote should be fun.
Algerie Francais !

Ciaphas

Their position is not unreasonable given that all previous extensions have been wasted and the UK is stuck in a political deadlock.

Barry

Sorry Thomas (and Findeton) I got a bit confused, must be the new anti-Brexit tablets.  :lol:

I get it now. They just want us to clear off.  :hattip
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Barry remainers are massively out of step with public opinion both here and in europe.

I think if we see a general election anytime soon , labour especially is going to take the biggest kicking of their lifetimes.

another day done.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=645 time=1571081342 user_id=51

Your Op says "Majority of EU citizens polled don't want to extend Article 50", without any link. Even if all 440 million of the EU27 don't want to extend article 50, it wouldn't matter. That decision is not a democratic one by the people of Europe.

So where did you get the headline?

hi barry it was me that put the original post up. All the info and link is there .https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/kantar-poll-on-eu-citizens-and-extending-article-50-1-6311465">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6311465">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/kantar-poll-on-eu-citizens-and-extending-article-50-1-6311465

its simply an information excercise to show that people polled in six european countries are getting fed up , as well as the polls i posted from today showing the majority of uk citizens dont want another eu referendum , and want to get out the eu.

https://politicalforums.uk/pol/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53">https://politicalforums.uk/pol/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53

Really its showing public opinion is massively against remainers and their anti democratic stance bot here and across europe.

lets get brexit done i say!!!

Barry

Quote from: Findeton post_id=514 time=1571032484 user_id=76
It looks like there's going to be an extension, again. Boris apparently has failed to secure a deal in time. This is what happens when your tactic is just to run down the clock.

Your Op says "Majority of EU citizens polled don't want to extend Article 50", without any link. Even if all 440 million of the EU27 don't want to extend article 50, it wouldn't matter. That decision is not a democratic one by the people of Europe.

So where did you get the headline?
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=529 time=1571047543 user_id=53
Looks like the DUP have changed their minds . After sounding positive about the governments suggestion they are now saying no chance to Northern Ireland having a different deal to the rest of the UK .

That the Johnson plan in the shredder .

Next .

I think the DUP were under the impression they would have a veto after 4 yrs on the new NI arrangement, whatever that is. But it looks like that won't be the case so they go back to their usual position, no additional difference between GB and NI, other than the existing differences.

Streetwalker

Looks like the DUP have changed their minds . After sounding positive about the governments suggestion they are now saying no chance to Northern Ireland having a different deal to the rest of the UK .

That the Johnson plan in the shredder .

Next .

Thomas

Quote from: Findeton post_id=514 time=1571032484 user_id=76
It looks like there's going to be an extension, again. Boris apparently has failed to secure a deal in time. This is what happens when your tactic is just to run down the clock.

:lol: Your arse must be going like the clappers findus , i bet you have a severe sweat on .

A week is a long time in politics , i wouldnt rule anything out just yet.

Findeton

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas post_id=406 time=1570963777 user_id=58
Well i think thats a bit of a leap in faith there scott.

im not sure any of that is a given , certainly not from this polling data. Remember you have to detract from what you want to happen from what is likely to happen.

Dont think the extension issue is sorted either way  , and i hope the same as you it doesnt happen.

I also agree the europeans look like they want you to leave.

...but i cant agree they want the eu to collapse.

I have faith for the first time.   :D
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=403 time=1570963495 user_id=58
Hey borkie , watched that gangster film last night for the thousandth time goodfellas , and the bit where the old boy does the stand up comedy routine.

Did laugh at his wee joke , he says his wife asks him to take her somewhere she has never been before.

He says "try the kitchen!" :)

:hattip
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=404 time=1570963542 user_id=59

Given that people must know we will leave the EU without an extension, this implies they want us to leave.  Given that it will also be catastrophic for the EU, this implies they want the EU to collapse.  Three cheers for the sane people of Europe.

Well i think thats a bit of a leap in faith there scott.

im not sure any of that is a given , certainly not from this polling data. Remember you have to detract from what you want to happen from what is likely to happen.

Dont think the extension issue is sorted either way  , and i hope the same as you it doesnt happen.

I also agree the europeans look like they want you to leave.

...but i cant agree they want the eu to collapse.

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas post_id=337 time=1570953810 user_id=58
Majority of EU citizens polled don't want to extend Article 50

QuoteNew research reveals that most EU citizens polled think the UK should not be given another extension to Article 50 - and they're deeply unimpressed with Boris Johnson.

Pollsters Kantar asked citizens in six EU countries for their thoughts on the Brexit negotiations, and the majority in each country responded 'non' to an Article 50 extension.

The majority of citizens in France (57%), Germany (66%), the Netherlands (47%), Republic of Ireland (56%), Spain (57%) and Poland (52%), all believe that the EU should not allow any further extension to the deadline beyond October 31.

The least sympathetic country is Germany, where just 29% of people think that the EU should allow the UK to renegotiate the Withdrawal Agreement further.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/kantar-poll-on-eu-citizens-and-extending-article-50-1-6311465">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6311465">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/kantar-poll-on-eu-citizens-and-extending-article-50-1-6311465

Given that people must know we will leave the EU without an extension, this implies they want us to leave.  Given that it will also be catastrophic for the EU, this implies they want the EU to collapse.  Three cheers for the sane people of Europe.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Hey borkie , watched that gangster film last night for the thousandth time goodfellas , and the bit where the old boy does the stand up comedy routine.

Did laugh at his wee joke , he says his wife asks him to take her somewhere she has never been before.

He says "try the kitchen!" :)