Footballs not coming home.

Started by cromwell, July 11, 2021, 11:11:26 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 12, 2021, 09:23:20 AMAt least the SNP are happy, apparently.

I feel sorry for them.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on July 12, 2021, 09:03:21 AMIt will ever be so and frankly I would rather lose than 'play' the way the Italians did.
Absolutely true.
The match was a draw decided by the arbitrary penalty shootout.
If it was decided on fairness and yellow cards, it would have been different.

At least the SNP are happy, apparently.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Italy got mad and got even and spent most of the game attacking the player rather than the ball and should have won medals for play acting. Their reactions once they had their medals showed many of them for thugs. Our lads kept their stiff upper lip cool but couldn't raise their game against a load of Mediterranean hot heads. It will ever be so and frankly I would rather lose than 'play' the way the Italians did. The ref allowed the game to 'flow' perhaps but there were some glaring moments when we should have heard his whistle and at least one red card. Nevertheless the team shows promise for the future but expecting the youngest to take the heavy loads is too optimistic. Rising to momentous occasions takes training yes but also maturity. Suddenly hope conquered judgement from management and trainers.

johnofgwent

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 11, 2021, 11:20:03 PM
I personally feel we could have done it if Southgate didn't embrace the woke agenda and use players from the dominions.

Union Flag

Are you not perhaps confusing this with the Olympics, a "sport" where a bloke in uniform fires a gun and a half dozen black men start to run like hell ......
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on July 11, 2021, 11:41:56 PM
yeah course you do,it's feck all to do with woke or race.

Bit of a sad case is our HB but something to laugh at.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on July 11, 2021, 11:17:21 PM
Maybe the government could give him some advice about how to kick a football.

I think he knows how to kick it, but mastery of where to put it eludes him.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

It's the wrong shaped ball and they kick it under the bar...

But

Look, I haven't watched a game since the World Cup in Mexico in 1970 .... But at times I found it hard to believe a game was in play. Players stood round and did sod all while two kicked the ball back and forth to each other ...

Is this what the game is ? Because it's sodding pointless .

In Rugby, well, the proper version, fifteen big hulking muscular fit hot men get down, dirty and sweaty.

Or so says my daughter and her bestie from her school days both of whom in their teens fought to wear the club mascot costume and shake their arses on the pitch at half time so as  and get up close to said 15 hot fit single blokes....

Some things a dad isn't supposed to overthink....

But the game was all about action, of speed, of quick thinking, of outrunning, outkicking, outperforming, dodging, generally running rings round the other guys until the whistle.

Where was the sprint, the skill of the pass, the shot at goal

In short where the hell was the game I used to watch bits of as a kid....

cromwell

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 11, 2021, 11:20:03 PM
I personally feel we could have done it if Southgate didn't embrace the woke agenda and use players from the dominions.

Union Flag
yeah course you do,it's feck all to do with woke or race.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HallowedBrexit

Union Flag

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on July 11, 2021, 11:11:26 PM
Rashford? ..........and another delusion bites the dust.
Maybe the government could give him some advice about how to kick a football.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on July 11, 2021, 11:11:26 PM
No footballs going to Rome, the better side won on the day.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?