Footballs not coming home.

Started by cromwell, July 11, 2021, 11:11:26 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on July 12, 2021, 01:03:01 PM
Toots I'm having a lovely day. I haven't laughed so hard in years.

The only blinkers I can see is the delusional who actually believe the jumped up guff the English media spout.

We.......as in th non Anglo Saxon people's of these islands as well as our fellows Europeans have to go through this charade every few years at major football tournaments. It's all so predictable.

As I said for those of us who actually follow football and know a wee bit about it the idea england are world beaters is laughable.  They are a half decent team but any top English club side like Man City or Liverpool full of foreign talent and foreign managers who are tactically aware would give them a good hiding.

I think Bobby robsons side was far better than this england team and yet again england finish with nothing

No prizes for second or place.

Well done Italy.

I even understand the off-side rule!  ;D 

cromwell

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 12, 2021, 10:51:19 AM
I still believe woke and all this "taking the knee" crap caused us to lose. The italians were thugs and the referee was probably bribed (more likely than not by the EU)
And I still can't believe anyone now even takes without a barrel of salt your childish wumming,so why don't you grow up and post something seriously before the mods patience runs out.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on July 12, 2021, 11:01:16 AM
I do hope you are having  really lovely day but I will remember that those who laugh last laugh longest and we are on our way back. At Wimbledon this year there was a marked rise of the young bloods causing those getting a bit long in the tooth to study their pension provisions. The boys in the England team are young and less experienced on the world stage but they are learning fast, as only the young can, and they are creating something new. It takes time.  England is on the rise. Deny it all you like but you will see. There is a new energy bubbling, not just in football.
Try to escape the Scottish blinkers.  Dancing

Toots I'm having a lovely day. I haven't laughed so hard in years.

The only blinkers I can see is the delusional who actually believe the jumped up guff the English media spout.

We.......as in th non Anglo Saxon people's of these islands as well as our fellows Europeans have to go through this charade every few years at major football tournaments. It's all so predictable.

As I said for those of us who actually follow football and know a wee bit about it the idea england are world beaters is laughable.  They are a half decent team but any top English club side like Man City or Liverpool full of foreign talent and foreign managers who are tactically aware would give them a good hiding.

I think Bobby robsons side was far better than this england team and yet again england finish with nothing

No prizes for second or place.

Well done Italy.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on July 12, 2021, 10:39:07 AM
Yeah some idiots have,of course Scotland is free of such fools  :P
Well at least they got to the final, which in footballing terms is still a great achievement, they just weren't the better side and it showed in the second half. Maybe we should look up when was the last time the Scots were in a major final.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on July 12, 2021, 10:28:57 AM

How we laughed toots. It's a damp but clammy morning here and everyone is walking about smiling going about their Monday morning business.

Some people are just sore losers............. :D

I do hope you are having  really lovely day but I will remember that those who laugh last laugh longest and we are on our way back. At Wimbledon this year there was a marked rise of the young bloods causing those getting a bit long in the tooth to study their pension provisions. The boys in the England team are young and less experienced on the world stage but they are learning fast, as only the young can, and they are creating something new. It takes time.  England is on the rise. Deny it all you like but you will see. There is a new energy bubbling, not just in football.
Try to escape the Scottish blinkers.  Dancing

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 12, 2021, 10:51:19 AM
I still believe woke and all this "taking the knee" crap caused us to lose. The italians were thugs and the referee was probably bribed (more likely than not by the EU)

It was caused by English footballers being crap at penalties.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HallowedBrexit

cromwell

Quote from: morayloon on July 12, 2021, 10:04:52 AM
No need to. The better team won in the end. The statistics are very revealing and  :P :Pshow that any underhand tactics were not needed and in fact were seldom seen. 21 fouls by the Italians to England's 13: not that much in it.  https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/match/2024491--italy-vs-england/statistics/
Sore losers, racially abusing three young lads. Blaming them for the abject failure of the England team
Yeah some idiots have,of course Scotland is free of such fools  :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on July 12, 2021, 10:07:14 AM
No Thomas I am breaking one of my own rules but I am not prepared to take lessons from anyone least of all from across the border. I'm sure that makes you feel so much better but the truth is that Scotland doesn't feature at all. Your excuses are laughable - our boys don't need excuses. No matter what you or anyone else says they played what they were given. They had a clean sheet nearly all the way through and being thugs on the park doesn't make any team worthy. Scotland gave them a scare? What a joke. Scotland as always is all bluster and skirts.

You are right about the cretin who used a laser and I sincerely hope they catch him but the rest of it  - no - the cheats were dressed in blue in the final and the ref wore red, white and green striped underpants!  Dancing

How we laughed toots. It's a damp but clammy morning here and everyone is walking about smiling going about their Monday morning business.

Some people are just sore losers............. :D

Thomas

Quote from: morayloon on July 12, 2021, 10:04:52 AM
No need to. The better team won in the end. The statistics are very revealing and show that any underhand tactics were not needed and in fact were seldom seen. 21 fouls by the Italians to England's 13: not that much in it.  https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/match/2024491--italy-vs-england/statistics/
Sore losers, racially abusing three young lads. Blaming them for the abject failure of the England team

Out of the top world footballing nations England have the worst international football record .take out the foreign managers money men and players that's what you have left out of his depth manager whose biggest achievement is taking the knee and over hyped crap like raheem sterling.

I'm down in bells hill at the minute at my cousins moray and we were watching the game on a big screen outside last night and when Italy scored you could hear the cheers for fecking  miles around.

Typical fitba tournament I predicted Scotland would beat the English and lose the other two games wasn't far wrong and as sure as night follows day England are getting hyped as winners before a baw is kicked b fore they fall flat on their assess.

Their fans behaviour. Is same old same old.  :D 8)

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on July 12, 2021, 10:07:14 AMthe ref wore red, white and green striped underpants! 
The doctor could give him some cream for that. ;)
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on July 12, 2021, 09:44:53 AM
Sorry toots but this is laughable.

I think England tried to win this tournament before a ball was kicked behind closed doors with fa officials brown envelopes and those nice men full of honesty and integrity at uefa.

6 out 7 games played at home against nobodies  ,has beens,or the mighty Scotland before you faced a reasonably good team in Denmark in the semis.

Christ sake Scotland gave England their biggest scare until Italy beat them.

The team whose fans shone a laser in the Danish goalkeepers eyes during a penalty complaint about cheating and poor sportsmanship lmfao

Unfortunately the money gamble didn't work and the best team won the tournament.

England aren't a bad side still aren't world class either and in Southgate a guy whose whole career has been built around failure you have an out of his depth fa placeman who is tactically inept time and again.

Justice has finally been served its going Rome! :D

No Thomas I am breaking one of my own rules but I am not prepared to take lessons from anyone least of all from across the border. I'm sure that makes you feel so much better but the truth is that Scotland doesn't feature at all. Your excuses are laughable - our boys don't need excuses. No matter what you or anyone else says they played what they were given. They had a clean sheet nearly all the way through and being thugs on the park doesn't make any team worthy. Scotland gave them a scare? What a joke. Scotland as always is all bluster and skirts.

You are right about the cretin who used a laser and I sincerely hope they catch him but the rest of it  - no - the cheats were dressed in blue in the final and the ref wore red, white and green striped underpants!  Dancing

morayloon

Quote from: T00ts on July 12, 2021, 09:37:46 AM
I feel sorry for them.

No need to. The better team won in the end. The statistics are very revealing and show that any underhand tactics were not needed and in fact were seldom seen. 21 fouls by the Italians to England's 13: not that much in it.  https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/match/2024491--italy-vs-england/statistics/

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on July 12, 2021, 09:03:21 AM
Italy got mad and got even and spent most of the game attacking the player rather than the ball and should have won medals for play acting. Their reactions once they had their medals showed many of them for thugs. Our lads kept their stiff upper lip cool but couldn't raise their game against a load of Mediterranean hot heads. It will ever be so and frankly I would rather lose than 'play' the way the Italians did. The ref allowed the game to 'flow' perhaps but there were some glaring moments when we should have heard his whistle and at least one red card. Nevertheless the team shows promise for the future but expecting the youngest to take the heavy loads is too optimistic. Rising to momentous occasions takes training yes but also maturity. Suddenly hope conquered judgement from management and trainers.

Sorry toots but this is laughable.

I think England tried to win this tournament before a ball was kicked behind closed doors with fa officials brown envelopes and those nice men full of honesty and integrity at uefa.

6 out 7 games played at home against nobodies  ,has beens,or the mighty Scotland before you faced a reasonably good team in Denmark in the semis.

Christ sake Scotland gave England their biggest scare until Italy beat them.

The team whose fans shone a laser in the Danish goalkeepers eyes during a penalty complaint about cheating and poor sportsmanship lmfao

Unfortunately the money gamble didn't work and the best team won the tournament.

England aren't a bad side still aren't world class either and in Southgate a guy whose whole career has been built around failure you have an out of his depth fa placeman who is tactically inept time and again.

Justice has finally been served its going Rome! :D