When did you become a Brexiteer?

Started by HallowedBrexit, July 12, 2021, 07:16:13 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on July 14, 2021, 06:28:34 PM
Isn't Wales suffering enough?

Twos up to the Welsh. If they don't have the mother wit to vote in something different, while carrying on doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result from the same old Labour Party troughers and liars, then hell  mend them I say.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 14, 2021, 01:26:43 PM
I personally think Labour should dissolve or become a party exclusively represented in Wales.  Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag

Isn't Wales suffering enough?

HallowedBrexit

I personally think Labour should dissolve or become a party exclusively represented in Wales.  Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag

Thomas

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 12, 2021, 07:16:13 PM
For me, personally, it started in fifth grade when our teacher gave us a map and told us to colour the Empire in red.

When I saw that we once ruled nearly a fifth of the world and what was lost due to our membership of the EU I immediately wanted out.

To regain what we lost. To reinstate the Empire. To become truly global once again.

Union Flag

:D ;D ;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

1st November 1993  . Sorry for not paying attention before that  Union Flag

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on July 13, 2021, 09:16:26 AM
It was when I realised that we had blanked the Commonwealth countries and I could no longer buy New Zealand butter, while the EEC as I believe it was then was gaily stock piling butter and letting it go rancid. I believe that was in the 1970's. The EU was a non starter for me from the beginning.

I could not give a toss about the economics. And I was on a ship once where the fridge packed up and we had to salt all the meat. It did not quite work and a lot went rotten and tasted delicious, which is probably the secret of New Zealand butter.

No, it was the political aspect that annoyed me. I would say that it was like being ordered about by the Town Hall, except that my local Town Hall has the sense to concentrate on what is important (not much) and to ignore the rest. 
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

It was when I realised that we had blanked the Commonwealth countries and I could no longer buy New Zealand butter, while the EEC as I believe it was then was gaily stock piling butter and letting it go rancid. I believe that was in the 1970's. The EU was a non starter for me from the beginning.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 12, 2021, 08:36:56 PM
Foolish,we don't have a fifth grade,that's the US.

And the Commonwealth is still a quarter of the world's countries and a third of the population. Not sure where the fifth comes from.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

I quite like the idea of the EU. But every so often Major and Blair and Brown and Cameron and May would go over to Brussels and come back with the Commission's loo brush stuck up their bums because (a) they had spoken out of turn and (b) they secretly liked that sort of thing.

So I thought, nah, got to stop. Britain should be run by British incompetents rather than foreign ones.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

After trying to contact MEPs over several matters. They ignored all emails, ensuring I was left with the belief that they were just on an expensive jolly with no thought for the people who voted them in.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

For me, personally, it started in fifth grade when our teacher gave us a map and told us to colour the Empire in red.

When I saw that we once ruled nearly a fifth of the world and what was lost due to our membership of the EU I immediately wanted out.

To regain what we lost. To reinstate the Empire. To become truly global once again.

Union Flag
Foolish,we don't have a fifth grade,that's the US.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Union Flag

Do you wear Union Flag underpants?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

I'm not that old. The British Empire was already decades in the past when I stated school in 1987 — though the honours system perpetuated the myth of its continued existence.

But to answer the question, I became a practicing Brexiteer when I was required to work with clients having to cope with the additional costs and requirements of doing business within and outside the UK caused by the Brexit agreements...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HallowedBrexit

Union Flag