Main Menu

Anonymous accounts

Started by Barry, July 12, 2021, 10:31:39 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on July 12, 2021, 10:31:39 PM
Following the recent abuse of some England players on social media there has been a call for all posters to post under their real names. They would have to confirm who they are to the service provider!

It could be that any move of this nature does not discriminate and it might become necessary to use full names on forums.
Would you still take part?

Barry we have had this very same topic come up over the years on the old forum time and again.

I remember it being brought up back in the days when Greg lance Watkins posted on the original form.

This idea that taking away internet anonymity will stop trolling and abuse is a myth and it has shown to be a myth many a time.

You only need to go on Facebook where people for the most part post under real names to see what rubbish this myth is.........the abuse is worse on my Facebook timeline than on forums like this.

I already post under my real name on this forum as have many others in the past. Doesn't stop debate getting heated and the opposite is also true. People who post anonymously can be some of the politest online.

You are dealing with people ,and as I real life people can have all manner of characteristics online as off.

It's a nonsense. Trolling and abuse won't stop due to lack of anonymity.

As for racist abuse of these football players obviously this is wrong in this case but I agree with cromwells posts that the idea football players are shrinking violets being regularly abused online is cac. Many love to dish it out  as take it I remember incidents like Gascogne trying to inflame Celtic fans by imitating playing the "orange" flute and of course if time and memory allowed many many more.

Years later I have seen Gascogne and all his personal problems being abused online by Celtic fans with long memories.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Dunno, but in politicians and the medias rush to make anything and everything political so they get to show us how important and powerful they are, is there anything left, they can't completely feck up, I am in doubt there is.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Following the recent abuse of some England players on social media there has been a call for all posters to post under their real names. They would have to confirm who they are to the service provider!

It could be that any move of this nature does not discriminate and it might become necessary to use full names on forums.

Due to being stalked on the internet for many years and for reasons of personal safety and security I would not take part.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 13, 2021, 12:36:05 AM
Whilst I believe racism should be called out and people made to account for blatant slander as in the case of the TV doctor and Arlene Foster abuse of footballers is common but not neccesarilly racist.

I believe some Tory MP has been forced to apologise for saying Rashford would've been better practicing penalties instead of playing politics......that's not racist.

The blue half of Manchester call him Saint Marcus that's not racist either,Neville a former Utd player (and white) pundit is known as rat boy,another as Phil the face because of the faces he pulls when playing,some of it might not be pleasant but that's footie crowds.

I remember being at a match that prince Charlie attended,it was just after the split and the crowd were giving him stick singing "where's Diana gone" to the song by middle of the road  "where's your mama gone"

A lot of it is humour and Micky taking,as far as on here goes should smurfy be brought to book for saying "BoJo the clown" .....well no but strangely he thinks it bad form to call non tories names.

Like I say racism is wrong as is slander but you cannot sanitise all comment otherwise I could be in deep trouble for describing Hancock as a wanker over his recent shenanaghins.

And finally no I'd be off if I had to sacrifice my anonymity to post on here.

I remember a player years ago being called Pineapple head, nothing to do with his skin colour but would be called out today.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Whilst I believe racism should be called out and people made to account for blatant slander as in the case of the TV doctor and Arlene Foster abuse of footballers is common but not neccesarilly racist.

I believe some Tory MP has been forced to apologise for saying Rashford would've been better practicing penalties instead of playing politics......that's not racist.

The blue half of Manchester call him Saint Marcus that's not racist either,Neville a former Utd player (and white) pundit is known as rat boy,another as Phil the face because of the faces he pulls when playing,some of it might not be pleasant but that's footie crowds.

I remember being at a match that prince Charlie attended,it was just after the split and the crowd were giving him stick singing "where's Diana gone" to the song by middle of the road  "where's your mama gone"

A lot of it is humour and Micky taking,as far as on here goes should smurfy be brought to book for saying "BoJo the clown" .....well no but strangely he thinks it bad form to call non tories names.

Like I say racism is wrong as is slander but you cannot sanitise all comment otherwise I could be in deep trouble for describing Hancock as a wanker over his recent shenanaghins.

And finally no I'd be off if I had to sacrifice my anonymity to post on here.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †