papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on July 13, 2021, 12:27:10 PM
Everyone will rise from the dead

I am going to haunt people.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on July 15, 2021, 10:34:05 AM
Good post borkie.

To paraphrase someone else , it isn't the fact the Scottish lords sold Scotland tha t bothers me......that's a given with those gutless bastards..........it's the fact they sold us so cheaply.

I think it was a million Scots at less than £400,000. Barely 8 bob a Scot. And then 40 years later they put a price of £30,000 on the head of that Polish bloke, Ted Stuart, who was not worth a thimble full of midge's piddle.

I tell you Tommy, I could never understand government pricing
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on July 14, 2021, 05:16:21 PM

Well yes and no Tommy. Most of the time the English Church did pretty much what it liked and as often as not when folk such as Edward Longshanks cracked the whip, the Pope did as he was told. A famous example was when Robert the Bruce murdered John Comyn and Eddie told the Pope to excommunicated him, which the Pope promptly did.

So effectively the English Church was the Church of England long before Henry VIII tidied things up.

Edward sold the Jews to Parliament for £116,000, which is admittedly a lot less than the Scots sold Scotland to the English for, but that is business.

Good post borkie.

To paraphrase someone else , it isn't the fact the Scottish lords sold Scotland tha t bothers me......that's a given with those gutless bastards..........it's the fact they sold us so cheaply.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on July 13, 2021, 10:27:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but there as no Church of England in the 13 the century England it was the Catholic Church ruled from Rome.

Second point from my recollection of English history ,wasnt it a Frenchman called Edward Plantagenet who was king of many regions and countries including England who expelled the Jews?

All seems a bit pathetic.......last whine of an increasingly irrelevant organisation becoming more woke as it drops into obscurity.

Well yes and no Tommy. Most of the time the English Church did pretty much what it liked and as often as not when folk such as Edward Longshanks cracked the whip, the Pope did as he was told. A famous example was when Robert the Bruce murdered John Comyn and Eddie told the Pope to excommunicated him, which the Pope promptly did.

So effectively the English Church was the Church of England long before Henry VIII tidied things up.

Edward sold the Jews to Parliament for £116,000, which is admittedly a lot less than the Scots sold Scotland to the English for, but that is business.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 13, 2021, 11:35:26 AM
I agree that everyone who is saved, will be by the Grace of God, through faith in Christ.
Not everyone will be saved. John 3:16 makes that clear - Jesus' own words.

Perhaps the word saved is the wrong one. Everyone will rise from the dead - all will have Eternal life - that is the promise. Jesus took all the sin in order to rise again showing us the way. Not all will live with God - 'in my Father's house are many mansions' - some who will not accept Jesus is the Christ and will not repent of their sins and will deny God and the Holy Ghost will be cast down and forgotten. That is what I understand. I think essentially we agree I just acknowledge there are discrepancies on the detail.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on July 13, 2021, 11:21:45 AMWe know that as the Millenium approaches there will be a huge falling away from belief, but we also know that everyone will be saved by the grace of Jesus.
I agree that everyone who is saved, will be by the Grace of God, through faith in Christ.
Not everyone will be saved. John 3:16 makes that clear - Jesus' own words.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 13, 2021, 11:01:09 AM
In general, the C of E has lost the plot, T00ts.
They are mulling gay marriages. They are not preaching the whole Word of God. There are those that deny the virgin birth and resurrection.
They might as well just be a social club arranging Mums and Tots and tea dances.

The Jewish 13th century happenings are a complete irrelevance, as is the C of E to most evangelical bible believing Christians.

It is a hard struggle to go against the thoughts of those who feel that to keep the peace and get along with others means watering down core beliefs. I think the C of E has fallen prey to some extent. The secular lobby grows stronger all the time and perhaps Churches try perhaps misguidedly, to remain relevant. As times get tougher as is promised, more will start to look for something bigger and more steady. As time goes on I feel that the constant pull without real direction will drive people to look for the steadfastness and relief that belief in God and the many prophesies brings. We know that as the Millenium approaches there will be a huge falling away from belief, but we also know that everyone will be saved by the grace of Jesus. It's not a get out of jail free card of course, there has to be justice in the end, but hopefully the majority will find the truth.

Barry

In general, the C of E has lost the plot, T00ts.
They are mulling gay marriages. They are not preaching the whole Word of God. There are those that deny the virgin birth and resurrection.
They might as well just be a social club arranging Mums and Tots and tea dances.

The Jewish 13th century happenings are a complete irrelevance, as is the C of E to most evangelical bible believing Christians.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on July 13, 2021, 10:11:19 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9780111/Church-England-apologise-expulsion-Jews-13th-Century-amid-rising-anti-Semitism.html

I have to admit that my first thought on seeing this article was one of 'what - have they lost it?' but then I thought a little more. For those of us who believe that Jesus Christ will return in the not too distant future it occurred to me that actually this is possibly a good move. Some believe that He will come at the beginning of the Millennium and sort out all the mess that we humans have created while others think that He will give us a chance to achieve harmony and peace on earth and be able to present it to Him for the glory of God.

Perhaps this is the Church of England's attempt towards world peace with that aim. Certainly there needs to be change. Wouldn't it be amazing if all the peoples of this struggling world came together and harmony was the result? I do wonder if we all recognised the end was definitely in prospect whether it would really focus minds worldwide.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but there as no Church of England in the 13 the century England it was the Catholic Church ruled from Rome.

Second point from my recollection of English history ,wasnt it a Frenchman called Edward Plantagenet who was king of many regions and countries including England who expelled the Jews?

All seems a bit pathetic.......last whine of an increasingly irrelevant organisation becoming more woke as it drops into obscurity.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on July 13, 2021, 10:18:54 AM
Whilst I admire you for your interpretation of your faith in posts on here any expectation of the human race coming together is buggered usually by a lot of different religions believing their version of God and sect is the only one and are prepared to kill or go to war to prove it.

I must admit I agree with you that it is unlikely - sadly not so much because of different religions but more because of the greed for power and wealth. The greed of course is also true of the different religions in many cases so I guess it's all tied up together. It is such a shame that so many succumb to the worst of human nature.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on July 13, 2021, 10:11:19 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9780111/Church-England-apologise-expulsion-Jews-13th-Century-amid-rising-anti-Semitism.html

I have to admit that my first thought on seeing this article was one of 'what - have they lost it?' but then I thought a little more. For those of us who believe that Jesus Christ will return in the not too distant future it occurred to me that actually this is possibly a good move. Some believe that He will come at the beginning of the Millennium and sort out all the mess that we humans have created while others think that He will give us a chance to achieve harmony and peace on earth and be able to present it to Him for the glory of God.

Perhaps this is the Church of England's attempt towards world peace with that aim. Certainly there needs to be change. Wouldn't it be amazing if all the peoples of this struggling world came together and harmony was the result? I do wonder if we all recognised the end was definitely in prospect whether it would really focus minds worldwide.
Whilst I admire you for your interpretation of your faith in posts on here any expectation of the human race coming together is buggered usually by a lot of different religions believing their version of God and sect is the only one and are prepared to kill or go to war to prove it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts