SKY NewsPM: Ending of most COVID restrictions on 19 July 'not an invitation for a great jubilee'

Started by GBNews, July 14, 2021, 07:00:25 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on July 14, 2021, 05:03:24 PM
Sajid Javid has wanted 'freedom' all along. I don't remember if he has actually experienced Covid himself but I doubt it. Certainly Hancock did and lost his relative and that coloured his view I think - although I agree with most that he was a rotten Minister of Health or whatever he was called.

BJ has now reverted to his oft quoted libertarian self and once again is hoping that the general public will be public spirited enough to behave in ways that will protect others. Frankly I believe it's a vain hope. Once people can frequent the maskless pubs etc there will be those unvaccinated who will tank themselves up and forget all about Covid. Those with two shots will assume superman powers and believe that they are untouchable. Let's hope they are. We could be in for a nasty ride if science isn't quite right. I have yet to see a definitive view on the %age protection especially after 6 months. Israel are saying it fades quite dramatically.
They are letting it rip through the under 18's in the hope that their youth will protect them. Fingers crossed.

The SCIENTIFIC literature was quite specific about globulin levels falling off a cliff after as little as three months BUT to be fair you needed an academic subscription to citation index, and recent experience in a research field similar to that i pursued decades ago, to receive that info and understand it.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Sajid Javid has wanted 'freedom' all along. I don't remember if he has actually experienced Covid himself but I doubt it. Certainly Hancock did and lost his relative and that coloured his view I think - although I agree with most that he was a rotten Minister of Health or whatever he was called.

BJ has now reverted to his oft quoted libertarian self and once again is hoping that the general public will be public spirited enough to behave in ways that will protect others. Frankly I believe it's a vain hope. Once people can frequent the maskless pubs etc there will be those unvaccinated who will tank themselves up and forget all about Covid. Those with two shots will assume superman powers and believe that they are untouchable. Let's hope they are. We could be in for a nasty ride if science isn't quite right. I have yet to see a definitive view on the %age protection especially after 6 months. Israel are saying it fades quite dramatically.
They are letting it rip through the under 18's in the hope that their youth will protect them. Fingers crossed.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 14, 2021, 12:30:18 PM
That frankly is NOT funny.  With face masks not being compulsory on public transport after July the 19th, that means for me and several million other extremely clinically vulnerable people public transport is a no go area.
(Especially with the numbers of potential plague carrying tourists in the area.)
Quote from: News on July 14, 2021, 07:00:25 AM
PM: Ending of most COVID restrictions on 19 July 'not an invitation for a great jubilee'

The ending of most legal coronavirus restrictions in England next week "should not be taken as an invitation by everybody simply to have a great jubilee and freedom from any kind of caution or restraint", the prime minister has said.

Source: PM: Ending of most COVID restrictions on 19 July 'not an invitation for a great jubilee'

Boring little dick. He has really gone downhill since he married that little tree hugger  I think I will vote SNP next time
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 14, 2021, 12:35:25 PM
You do spread germs, though, don't you? We all do.

We don't all spread Covid 19 though.  A local pub has just shut until the weekend because of far too many Tourists making it unsafe for the pub staff.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 14, 2021, 12:25:01 PM
That's a relief. We don't want you spreading any germs.

That frankly is NOT funny.  With face masks not being compulsory on public transport after July the 19th, that means for me and several million other extremely clinically vulnerable people public transport is a no go area.
(Especially with the numbers of potential plague carrying tourists in the area.)

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on July 14, 2021, 11:37:20 AM
Basically I will continue avoiding people and shops and I will not be using public transport.
That's a relief. We don't want you spreading any germs.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 14, 2021, 11:33:26 AM
In other words: just because you can doesn't mean you have to — a bit like same sex marriage that worries some people...

Basically I will continue avoiding people and shops and I will not be using public transport.

patman post

In other words: just because you can doesn't mean you have to — a bit like same sex marriage that worries some people...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

GBNews

PM: Ending of most COVID restrictions on 19 July 'not an invitation for a great jubilee'

The ending of most legal coronavirus restrictions in England next week "should not be taken as an invitation by everybody simply to have a great jubilee and freedom from any kind of caution or restraint", the prime minister has said.

Source: PM: Ending of most COVID restrictions on 19 July 'not an invitation for a great jubilee'