3 Brexit party MEPs quit to back Boris

Started by Barry, December 05, 2019, 11:09:31 AM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=8446 time=1575580219 user_id=51
Maybe she'll stand in a by election once we are out.  :thup:

-----------------------------

There was actually 4 MEPs resigned the Brexit party whip and this action is likely to collapse the vote even more. They started with around 10% of the vote, then withdrew from half the constituencies and are currently around 3% with no chance of a single MP.

With ex Labour MPs and Brexit part saying to vote for the Tories, I can hardly recall an election where that has happened.

I don't know about the others, but I've got a good understanding of the kind of woman she is. I mean that family is all extremely intelligent, and her father especially. Actually something i rarely ever did was to read newspapers, but the Times editorial I made an exception for. Each time it was the same. There would be a massive hoo hah in the press about something, like to give you an example, the valuations of internet tech startups was one, and all the press would be saying the same stuff about it, except for William, who had other ideas. Then as one reviewed what he said he thought would happen, one finds out he was right and the entire rest of the media was wrong. It's that kind of thing that made the Times a serious paper. it's a comedy rag now, but he was the man, and he would have taught his children how to do it as well.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Barry

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=8423 time=1575570697 user_id=74
I'd love to see Anunziata Rees Mogg actually get elected, just in that I'm a big fan of hers. She is a Tory though. I think she's one of those Thatcher no nonsense types, very much like the ladies in the town i grew up in. They maintain the standards - lol. She would be good for Blighty and has a knack of knowing if someone is talking crap. This is why we need her in Westminster.

Maybe she'll stand in a by election once we are out.  :thup:

-----------------------------

There was actually 4 MEPs resigned the Brexit party whip and this action is likely to collapse the vote even more. They started with around 10% of the vote, then withdrew from half the constituencies and are currently around 3% with no chance of a single MP.

With ex Labour MPs and Brexit part saying to vote for the Tories, I can hardly recall an election where that has happened.
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=8364 time=1575544171 user_id=51
https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-05/three-more-brexit-party-meps-quit-to-back-pms-deal/">//https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-05/three-more-brexit-party-meps-quit-to-back-pms-deal/

Anunziata Rees Mogg, Lance Forman and Lucy Harris have all resigned from the Brexit Party urging voters to back the Tories to "get Brexit done".

But it won't, will it?

It won't really get Brexit done, because Boris's deal keeps us in.  :thdwn:

I'd love to see Anunziata Rees Mogg actually get elected, just in that I'm a big fan of hers. She is a Tory though. I think she's one of those Thatcher no nonsense types, very much like the ladies in the town i grew up in. They maintain the standards - lol. She would be good for Blighty and has a knack of knowing if someone is talking crap. This is why we need her in Westminster.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Nick

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=8412 time=1575562532 user_id=75
It's still unclear what Brexit actually is since this the only thing that has been defined is the the withdrawal agreement.

'Get Brexit done' is just a vacuous slogan.

It's only unclear because it's not what you want. That's your issue.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Ciaphas

It's still unclear what Brexit actually is since this the only thing that has been defined is the the withdrawal agreement.

'Get Brexit done' is just a vacuous slogan.

Churchill

You only have to wait a few days to find out.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-05/three-more-brexit-party-meps-quit-to-back-pms-deal/">//https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-05/three-more-brexit-party-meps-quit-to-back-pms-deal/

Anunziata Rees Mogg, Lance Forman and Lucy Harris have all resigned from the Brexit Party urging voters to back the Tories to "get Brexit done".

But it won't, will it?

It won't really get Brexit done, because Boris's deal keeps us in.  :thdwn:
† The end is nigh †