Covid: Will free school meals continue over summer holidays?

Started by GBNews, July 18, 2021, 07:00:05 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 20, 2021, 07:43:03 AM
Many of those previously employed by Remploy are still unemployed. (I can't find a recent reference but it was still 75% a few years ago.)

As I recall you spent much of last year bragging about your efforts to keep the mentally and physically handicapped out of work and on the dole, so it looks like a plus for you Pappy   :) :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on July 19, 2021, 11:19:14 PM
Well whatever floats your boat,we once had an organisation called remploy that shamefully labour closed down the job finished by the coalition

Many of those previously employed by Remploy are still unemployed. (I can't find a recent reference but it was still 75% a few years ago.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on July 19, 2021, 09:08:12 PM

Never explain a joke Ollie.

Still, ..........

Haven't had such a laugh since Ma caught her tits in the mangle

:) Dancing Butt Kick Woohoo : :D
Well whatever floats your boat,we once had an organisation called remploy that shamefully labour closed down the job finished by the coalition

I knew a man with a learning disability who happily worked for them for years,he did manage to find work in what you might describe mainstream employment where some so called normal people made his life a misery.......I would question who are the real halfwits.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on July 19, 2021, 04:54:59 PM
Enlighten me Borky,why is that funny?

Never explain a joke Ollie.

Still, ..........

Haven't had such a laugh since Ma caught her tits in the mangle

:) Dancing Butt Kick Woohoo : :D

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on July 19, 2021, 04:54:59 PM
Enlighten me Borky,why is that funny?
I suspect some here are surprised you've never asked that before — and that's not to imply you're slow on the uptake...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 19, 2021, 12:27:57 PM
The charity involved is already doing that. Training mentally handicapped people for the World of work, when that is assessed to be possible.
They also operate a food bank.

:) :) :) :) :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 19, 2021, 12:23:41 PM
So now the govt is supplying the money used for holiday meals, the charities that used to fund them can now put that effort to other causes...

The charity involved is already doing that. Training mentally handicapped people for the World of work, when that is assessed to be possible.
They also operate a food bank.

patman post

So now the govt is supplying the money used for holiday meals, the charities that used to fund them can now put that effort to other causes...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 19, 2021, 11:54:32 AM
Cornwall Council is funding the provision of children's food vouchers through the Tory government's Covid local support grant that's run through the DWP...

But it is funding them, which in the nearest town to me was previously done by a charity providing a hot meal for 400 children seven days a week during school holidays and had been doing so for years. (The Tory MP was totally unware of that until I informed of about it.)

patman post

Cornwall Council is funding the provision of children's food vouchers through the Tory government's Covid local support grant that's run through the DWP...

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 18, 2021, 09:56:53 PM

Most will be provided with one as part of the childcare arrangements their parents will need to put in place to cover their little darlings

Cornwall Council despite being Tory is providing food vouchers for children during the school holidays:-

https://www.cornish-times.co.uk/article.cfm?id=130114&headline=How%20to%20claim%20free%20summer%20school%20meals%20and%20activities&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2021

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2021, 06:33:48 PM
I think its pretty much a given that it helps kids learn if they are fed so free school meals are fair for those who can't afford to pay . We can't have rich kids getting all the best grades can we ,nor an excuse for poor  kids to do badly .

Why they need a free lunch half way through the day of annoying the neighbours during the summer holidays though is anyone's guess

Most will be provided with one as part of the childcare arrangements their parents will need to put in place to cover their little darlings
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2021, 06:33:48 PM

Why they need a free lunch half way through the day of annoying the neighbours during the summer holidays though is anyone's guess

I was going to respond to that, but I don't want to get banned.

Streetwalker

I think its pretty much a given that it helps kids learn if they are fed so free school meals are fair for those who cant afford to pay . We cant have rich kids getting all the best grades can we ,nor an excuse for poor  kids to do badly .