GP surgery still requires face coverings

Started by patman post, July 20, 2021, 02:41:13 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on January 26, 2022, 10:17:02 PM
Well, guess what?

Tomorrow is masks off day. Unless you go to Sainsbury's or Waitrose, as those posh supermarkets still want their customers and staff wearing one. Us slags in B&M, Lidl and Aldi will be OK to make our own choice.
In July last year, the staff in Waitrose were pretty quick to ditch their face nappies and I don't blame them. It must be pretty unpleasant wearing one for a whole shift. I doubt they will think much of their head office policy.
I have to pop in to Argos within Sainsbury's tomorrow to pick up an item but apart from that I shall be staying with the unwashed at the cheap joints.
Face Nappies? the sort of response I'd expect from Scott perhaps.....or Smurfy but from the opposite perspective.

Face nappies should be reserved for those spouting verbal diarhhoea.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Well, guess what?

Tomorrow is masks off day. Unless you go to Sainsbury's or Waitrose, as those posh supermarkets still want their customers and staff wearing one. Us slags in B&M, Lidl and Aldi will be OK to make our own choice.
In July last year, the staff in Waitrose were pretty quick to ditch their face nappies and I don't blame them. It must be pretty unpleasant wearing one for a whole shift. I doubt they will think much of their head office policy.
I have to pop in to Argos within Sainsbury's tomorrow to pick up an item but apart from that I shall be staying with the unwashed at the cheap joints.

Sainsbury's is posh?

Actually, the local one has always struck me as a cheery, easy going sort of place. I went there a couple of days ago and I was coughing and sneezing and all the rest as a result of all the pollen from the cut flower section, but no one complained. At least the staff didn't. One sad bugger was togged up in mask and visor and hypochondria and gave me a reproachful stare, but I let it go because the world is full of sad buggers giving the world reproachful stares.

That said, Lavazza coffee is now £12.40 a kilo, which is the sort of price gouging I have come to expect from Boris.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Well, guess what?

I won't be going into any establishment that does not require mask wearing. (I am staying in a hotel tonight and it is requirement there unless in my room.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2021, 10:57:21 PM
Or how they ask.

I popped down to Fortnum and Mason's last week and the nice girl on the door asked if I would care to use one of their masks. It has their logo on it and Madam wears it every time she goes to Lidl.
Well, guess what?

QuoteSupermarket guidance on face masks from tomorrow 

Sainsbury's: 'We're asking our customers and colleagues in England to continue to wear a face covering in our stores if they are able to.'
Tesco: Unclear 
Morrisons:  'We will be continuing to follow the Government guidelines.'
Asda: Unclear 
Waitrose: 'We'll be suggesting people wear masks in our stores, although it will be down to individuals to make a personal choice.'
Lidl: Unclear
Aldi: Unclear 
AND ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT... 
Sadiq Khan has also refused to drop them for commuters in the capital, by asking people to continue wearing face coverings on public transport.  

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on August 15, 2021, 10:44:37 PM
I've done a bit of my own research in the last week or so and found the number of people wearing face coverings in supermarkets is in this ball park area:

Lidl 60%
Sainsburys 65%
Waitrose 80%
B&M 10%

Other small shops 50%

So face coverings seem to be proportional to how posh the people think the shops are.  ;D

Or how they ask.

I popped down to Fortnum and Mason's last week and the nice girl on the door asked if I would care to use one of their masks. It has their logo on it and Madam wears it every time she goes to Lidl.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I've done a bit of my own research in the last week or so and found the number of people wearing face coverings in supermarkets is in this ball park area:

Lidl 60%
Sainsburys 65%
Waitrose 80%
B&M 10%

Other small shops 50%

So face coverings seem to be proportional to how posh the people think the shops are.  ;D
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on August 08, 2021, 01:35:28 PM
And the Moon landings and Falklands war never happened and pandas share 99% of their genes with bamboo . . .

Some good news about the pandemic coming out of egypt quackers.( good to see you survived intact!)

The government has instructed the Cairo taxi drivers to drive round the city sounding their horns.

It is hoped that the familiar sounds will reassure people after the pandemic and help restore a feeling of normality.

Operation Toot and Calm 'Em will last for one week.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

HDQQ

Quote from: Scott777 on July 21, 2021, 10:29:45 PMOh well, I guess their masks didn't work.  🤣  Anyway, they won't know if you are lying, because they cannot legally demand evidence of exemption.  I have worn a mask about 5 times throughout the scamdemic.
And the Moon landings and Falklands war never happened and pandas share 99% of their genes with bamboo . . .
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 22, 2021, 08:15:50 AM

You HAVE a Surgery ? Bloody Hell.

The local GP practice has four surgeries, the main one announced it's temporary closure yesterday  due to staff Covid infections. (The "plague" is spreading like wildfire locally and there won't be any businesses left open if it carries on at this rate. )
Of course the official line is it has nothing to do with the mass influx of tourists, I am reminded of Comical Ali and there are no American tanks in Baghdad.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on July 21, 2021, 10:29:45 PM
Oh well, I guess their masks didn't work.  🤣  Anyway, they won't know if you are lying, because they cannot legally demand evidence of exemption.  I have worn a mask about 5 times throughout the scamdemic.

I have to say they are surely the one place on the planet (plus the thousand purchasers of your health details of course) who ALREADY KNOW you are exempt.

If they don't know within 30 seconds of your attempting to get seen, you really need to find one more competent
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2021, 02:41:13 PM
Our GP surgery has texted us the following:
Face coverings will still be required at the Practice. 
Local rates of Covid are rising rapidly, many people are having life disrupted by having to self isolate due to contact and some people are still significantly unwell after contracting the virus. As this is a healthcare setting - in order to protect other patients & our staff  we ask that all patients not exempt continue to wear a face covering while on the surgery premises (for those who are genuinely mask-exempt a face shield can be worn instead). We thank you for your continued cooperation and care. 
I reckon the above is worth complying with if the trained professionals at the sharp end of patient care in the NHS issue this request...

You HAVE a Surgery ? Bloody Hell.

Round here kids due of undiagnosed type 1 diabetes because the GPs phone answering service tells patients not to attend and lists only cardiac arrest and stroke symptoms as reasons to dial 999......
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on July 21, 2021, 10:31:30 PM
Not correct at my surgery.  They only do phone appointments.

You aren't ill enough.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on July 21, 2021, 11:58:04 AM
Doctor have never stopped doing face to face meetings, (unless the surgery is closed due to a covid outbreak amongst the staff.)
Not correct at my surgery.  They only do phone appointments.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on July 21, 2021, 11:29:42 AM
They will know if you are lying. Plus exempt people can wear a face shield.
(Just been an announcement by my local GP practice closed because of a Covid outbreak amongst the staff.)
Oh well, I guess their masks didn't work.  🤣  Anyway, they won't know if you are lying, because they cannot legally demand evidence of exemption.  I have worn a mask about 5 times throughout the scamdemic.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester on July 21, 2021, 11:51:57 AM
I have just had a phone consultation with my doctor and he told me to call into the surgery this afternoon.

A face to face meeting with a doctor!

I did not realise they still did that sort of thing.

A real actual doctor?  Not just a virtual one, or a Chinese robot?