GP surgery still requires face coverings

Started by patman post, July 20, 2021, 02:41:13 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on February 27, 2022, 11:11:30 PM
I don't think so. I log in every day and replied to your post as soon as I saw it. Now don't go all "forum conspiracy theory" on us, or we'll all have to wear tinfoil hats.

There were a couple of posts I made, which gave me a message that they had to be checked by admin.  I just wondered if that could lead to a delay in a post appearing, and therefore affect the date.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 on February 27, 2022, 10:47:19 PM
Now that is odd.  I could have sworn I posted this comment several days ago, or more, but definitely not yesterday as per the date.  Am I actually going crazy.  Please tell me something went wrong with the dates.
I don't think so. I log in every day and replied to your post as soon as I saw it. Now don't go all "forum conspiracy theory" on us, or we'll all have to wear tinfoil hats.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Scott777 on February 26, 2022, 11:17:50 PM
Are you trying to tell me her bun also wore a mask?  🥴 
(I do apologise for the previous joke, but after 2 years of insanity, that's what you get)

Now that is odd.  I could have sworn I posted this comment several days ago, or more, but definitely not yesterday as per the date.  Am I actually going crazy.  Please tell me something went wrong with the dates.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on February 26, 2022, 08:53:02 PM
Apologies to Thomas. ;)

On Monday, the Hyundai garage phoned me to say my car service on Friday could be rearranged as the staff servicing the car had tested positive for the lurgy. I said that I've been exposed plenty to Covid recently, didn't want to change the appointment, and they were happy with that.
So yesterday I took the car for service in Tunbridge Wells and the garage is on a trading estate not far from a big M&S where we stopped by for a coffee and bun killing time waiting for the car. The vast majority of people have now dumped their face coverings. However there was a youngish woman, (30s?) who sat down with her cappuccino and bun arranging it whilst masked up. I wondered how she might eat and drink, and I kid you not - she took off an ear strap, took a sip and put the strap back on. Same for her bun.
What an interesting way to eat. The sCiEncE was strong with that one!
Alright barry , apologies i said that. Once again.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 on February 26, 2022, 11:17:50 PM
(I do apologise for the previous joke, but after 2 years of insanity, that's what you get)
:) :) :)
I should go back to school and do English A Level. ;D
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on February 26, 2022, 08:53:02 PM
she took off an ear strap, took a sip and put the strap back on. Same for her bun.

(I do apologise for the previous joke, but after 2 years of insanity, that's what you get)

Barry

Apologies to Thomas. ;)

On Monday, the Hyundai garage phoned me to say my car service on Friday could be rearranged as the staff servicing the car had tested positive for the lurgy. I said that I've been exposed plenty to Covid recently, didn't want to change the appointment, and they were happy with that.
So yesterday I took the car for service in Tunbridge Wells and the garage is on a trading estate not far from a big M&S where we stopped by for a coffee and bun killing time waiting for the car. The vast majority of people have now dumped their face coverings. However there was a youngish woman, (30s?) who sat down with her cappuccino and bun arranging it whilst masked up. I wondered how she might eat and drink, and I kid you not - she took off an ear strap, took a sip and put the strap back on. Same for her bun.
What an interesting way to eat. The sCiEncE was strong with that one!
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on February 12, 2022, 03:26:28 PM
I am not at all grateful to the irresponsible covidiots, antivaxxers and people who just will not wear masks on public transport or in crowded areas. Bojo has made a political decision not a science based one.
As did the Tw** in Cardiff bay who locked us down tighter than a virgin's chastity belt but now has the pox to show for it....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on February 12, 2022, 03:28:12 PM
What a stupid comment.  Very few vulnerable people don't have an annual flu vaccination.

What a stupid comment.  Very few vulnerable people don't have Covid vaccination.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 12, 2022, 04:39:17 PM
Well if vulnerable people don't have the flu jab, why are you always running around and costing the NHS telephone numbers?
Yet another stupid comment. I don't go running around I get "subpoenas" to attend from the local GP practice.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 12, 2022, 03:28:12 PM
What a stupid comment.  Very few vulnerable people don't have an annual flu vaccination.

Well if vulnerable people don't have the flu jab, why are you always running around and costing the NHS telephone numbers?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on February 12, 2022, 03:23:43 PM
Says the guy who didn't wear a muzzle through most of his life to protect vulnerable people from flu.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on February 12, 2022, 02:49:04 PM
 We cannot ask any more of them - but just be grateful.
I am not at all grateful to the irresponsible covidiots, antivaxxers and people who just will not wear masks on public transport or in crowded areas. Bojo has made a political decision not a science based one.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on February 12, 2022, 02:26:41 PM
No-one is trying to, but that idiot Bojo is making matter a lot worse for the clinically vulnerable as are the covidiots and ant-vaxxers.

Says the guy who didn't wear a muzzle through most of his life to protect vulnerable people from flu.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on February 12, 2022, 02:26:41 PM
No-one is trying to, but that idiot Bojo is making matter a lot worse for the clinically vulnerable as are the covidiots and ant-vaxxers.
I too am vulnerable and have taken not only the precautions recommended but used my own decisions to add to it when necessary. I am sure that most people are very capable of making their own choices either for themselves or those they come in touch with. For the vast majority who are able to cope with what is now spreading we, the less able, cannot expect them to be hampered in living their lives. They have more than done their fair share and will pay for it for ages. We cannot ask any more of them - but just be grateful.