Are you depressed and anxious suffering long covid?

Started by Sheepy, July 21, 2021, 06:49:45 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 28, 2021, 08:06:19 AM
I used to but they are all dead now.

I should have said "do you, or did you ...."

Frankly, the only difference between my chest X rays taken in jan this year and the ones taken of my maternal grandfather in 1967 before he popped his clogs were his included little gravelly bits where the 'dust got him. The fogging from the fluid in both is classic emphysema.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 28, 2021, 08:01:18 AM

Do you know anyone who suffered a mining related disease ?

I used to but they are all dead now.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on July 27, 2021, 02:13:42 PM
I don't know anyone with long covid

Do you know anyone who suffered a mining related disease ?

It's pretty much the same.

Your lungs fill with fluid and you end up having problems putting one foot in front of the other climbing a flight of stairs, you sit on the end of the bed for an hour and a half fighting for the breath to stand up.

When Max Boyce penned "Rhondda Grey" many thought he talked of the leaden skies, the slag heaps, the coal dust in the air that coloured the gutters, the pavements, the parks, such as they were, the houses, the washing on the lines...

No.

He was talking of the colour of the faces of the men no longer down the pits as they fought to climb the hill from the shop and the pub back to the home they'd die in sooner rather than later.

Different cause, but same illness.

Been here. Done this. Not fun.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on July 27, 2021, 02:17:10 PM
I do, its appears to be more prevalent than is officially thought.
Sometimes the sun appears to sink into the sea.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on July 27, 2021, 02:13:42 PM
I don't know anyone with long covid

I do, its appears to be more prevalent than is officially thought.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HDQQ

Quote from: Scott777 on July 21, 2021, 10:38:33 PM
I hear that people with long covid also suffer from tall story.  However, losing your work, and project fear could not possibly cause depression.  Only viruses do that.  😁

I don't know anyone with long covid but I've known a couple of people with chronic fatigue syndrome. In both cases they'd been active, hard-working and energetic outdoor types before they became ill.  One of these people became so tired they could hardly walk anywhere - and they were only middle-aged. And certainly one of the people had no idea why they got ill - they enjoyed their job, their life was going well. I don't know about the other person.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on July 21, 2021, 06:49:45 PMI feel for you, I have been bitten on the foot twice by one of those pesky false widows,
This month I have been bitten twice by horse flies. Once on the upper arm, most recently on the back of my right hand. My hand ballooned yesterday and is just returning to normal.
I love walking in the country.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Sheepy on July 21, 2021, 06:49:45 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/people-who-may-have-had-long-covid-more-likely-to-be-depressed-and-anxious-ons/ar-AAMokKw?ocid=msedgntp
I feel for you, I have been bitten on the foot twice by one of those pesky false widows, it has ruined my foots beauty,itches like hell and tingles, hasn't changed much in a week. So, although I am not suffering long covid, I have an overwhelming feeling I need to stamp on a false widow.
I did send my son a picture, it frightened him so much he said he was frightened to go to sleep. He is a bit spider phobic, but has had covid.
I hear that people with long covid also suffer from tall story.  However, losing your work, and project fear could not possibly cause depression.  Only viruses do that.  😁
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

As a long hauler (a quack called me that ) Im getting used to the symptoms that come and go after the covid infection . From what Im gathering covid highlights your ailments ,long covid doesnt want to let go .

So if your not a manic depressive covid wont make you one though if you are it wont help .

I like spiders .

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on July 21, 2021, 06:49:45 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/people-who-may-have-had-long-covid-more-likely-to-be-depressed-and-anxious-ons/ar-AAMokKw?ocid=msedgntp
I feel for you, I have been bitten on the foot twice by one of those pesky false widows, it has ruined my foots beauty,itches like hell and tingles, hasn't changed much in a week. So, although I am not suffering long covid, I have an overwhelming feeling I need to stamp on a false widow.
I did send my son a picture, it frightened him so much he said he was frightened to go to sleep. He is a bit spider phobic, but has had covid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtU1YYxQXJw
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!