They will miss this bug when it finally goes..

Started by Borchester, July 23, 2021, 07:26:21 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2021, 06:21:32 PM
How about this then smurphy, instead of living in a nightmare,

I am not living in a nightmare.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2021, 04:47:12 PM
It is only a week after the 19th of July, give it another week and the situation could be vastly different.
How about this then smurphy, instead of living in a nightmare, we have a word with big Pharma, they give everyone a chip who has had the vaccine and you can check people with a mobile phone to see if they are chipped?
Probably wouldn't add that much to the cost either. I did think about a tattoo but it seems so old hat.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2021, 04:47:12 PM
It is only a week after the 19th of July, give it another week and the situation could be vastly different.

And a week after that the UK will sink beneath the waves because of Brexit and the entire Tory cabinet will be in jail for fiddling their electoral expenses   :) :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 25, 2021, 04:20:42 PM
In India, their variant was quick to peak and decline.
As is happening in the UK, quick to peak and very quick to decline. It reached 60,716 cases on 15th July and is already down to 31,795 yesterday.
Another 10 days should see us around 15,000 or less as it is dropping like a stone.
People like Susan Michie and Neil  Ferguson on SAGE were telling us there would be 100,000 cases a day by now.
Why do we put up with their level of incompetence and scaremongering - sack them!

Barry

In India, their variant was quick to peak and decline.
As is happening in the UK, quick to peak and very quick to decline. It reached 60,716 cases on 15th July and is already down to 31,795 yesterday.
Another 10 days should see us around 15,000 or less as it is dropping like a stone.
People like Susan Michie and Neil  Ferguson on SAGE were telling us there would be 100,000 cases a day by now.
Why do we put up with their level of incompetence and scaremongering - sack them!
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on July 24, 2021, 09:53:59 AM
Is that going to be carved on your tombstone?
Probably not.  When I'm very old, I might take the flu jab.  Until then, I'm more likely to die by being hit over the head by a copper's battering stick.  At the moment it's thundering, and I'm more concerned about being hit by lightning than dying of flu or the new batshite-crazy flu.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 24, 2021, 11:24:16 AM
It does suggest a certain scenario though.

There will be old Pappy, gathered to his reward and with a head stone bearing the legend "Smurf - Sorely Missed - Died in the great hypochondria of 2020 to 2021"

There will be no headstone because my ashes are going to be scattered at sea from the Lizard Lifeboat.

Yet again I am NOT trapped in my home, I am following medical advice and avoiding people and shops.

That does not stop me going out on my motorcycles.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 24, 2021, 09:53:59 AM
It does suggest a certain scenario though.

There will be old Pappy, gathered to his reward and with a head stone bearing the legend "Smurf - Sorely Missed - Died in the great hypochondria of 2020 to 2021"

And as the friends and relatives gather round and ask, "do you remember Pappy?" and they all admit no, because he has been hiding in the privy since the Black Death scare of 1348, Scott and the rest of the jab free brigade will stroll up and say, ha bloody ha. :) :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on July 23, 2021, 10:43:29 PM
Surely people can smell the coffee.
Well if suffering covid apparently not,or anything else.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on July 23, 2021, 10:41:47 PM
I never had any annual jabs. 

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on July 23, 2021, 05:57:41 PM
Joy of joy they have found another variant! This time Columbian, with the sinister term -variant of concern.
Surely people can smell the coffee.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Joy of joy they have found another variant! This time Columbian, with the sinister term -variant of concern.
Cases dropping again?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on July 23, 2021, 04:46:57 PM
Not total immunity it will require an annual jab just like the flu.
For you if you like, but I never had any annual jabs.  Thanks for the offer.

Borchester

Do you remember the joke about Bono, the rock star and all round Goody Two Shoes Toots?

One night he was playing in some vast venue when suddenly he stopped.

The audience had no idea what was going on so they fell silent as well.

And then Bono started to clap. Slowly but clearly until after a minute he said,

"Every time I clap my hands a child in the Third World dies of want!"

Horrified silence from the audience until someone cried,

"Then stop clapping!"

We really have enough problems in the world without these medics dreaming up new diseases.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Somewhat more than one:-

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/variants-concern