Main Menu

Today is Sunday

Started by Borchester, July 25, 2021, 12:47:51 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Yes, John, it is clearly terrorism. Stifling free Christian speech terrorism.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on July 26, 2021, 11:11:52 AM
Careful, Borchester, there's been some lightning about.  ???

The woman was preaching at Speaker's Corner, it is emerging slowly.
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/07/25/claim-woman-preacher-in-charlie-hebdo-shirt-stabbed-at-londons-speakers-corner/

And the Dick is no doubt preparing to blame her for being stabbed off the back of that.

They've already taken her away in the past on the grounds her T shirt was "an incitement to violence to the (large) Moslem presence" ...

Nice to see Dick arranging for the "religion of peace" (TM) to  exploiting our freedom to proselytise censorship ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Careful, Borchester, there's been some lightning about.  ???

The woman was preaching at Speaker's Corner, it is emerging slowly.
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/07/25/claim-woman-preacher-in-charlie-hebdo-shirt-stabbed-at-londons-speakers-corner/
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on July 26, 2021, 10:14:48 AM
Sunday is apparently a day for declaring that God is Great.
In Arabic, of course.

It used to be the day that I apologised in advanced for all the things I intended to get up to
in the next week.

Not a bad bloke God, but totally wrapped up in himself, a bit dim and inclined to childish tantrums. Best to keep on the right side of the silly old sod.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 26, 2021, 10:14:48 AM
In Arabic, of course.

From a mosque near you.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

In Arabic, of course.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on July 25, 2021, 12:47:51 PM
Since I retired I have lost most of my social sign posts. My week starts when I feel like it and ends about the same time. So I have no idea of Monday start or Friday night piss ups. Usually I am awakened to the sound of Herself rummaging in my pockets so that she can tip God, but this flu malarky has left most of the churches closed so I don't even have that.

Yesterday I went into the newsagent and demanded a copy of the Sunday Times and the nice girl behind the counter smiled sweetly because she does not understand a word of English and left me with a vague idea that today should be Monday.

But it ain't so now I know that today is the day that I go down to Sainsbury's and read all the Sunday papers for free. Except of course for the Sunday Times, which wraps the
culture section in cellophane and which I feel a bit embarrassed about tearing open. There are, after all, rules to this game.

If anyone declares World War III possibly they could post a note on the forum? 

I know your type,my local wh smith the plebs from offices would block  access to the shelves every weekday lunchtime,got fed up and say loudly please move whilst I actually buy something........there's a library you know down the road  Rant
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 26, 2021, 08:47:39 AM
Speakers Corner is one of the many places my mother dragged me to as a child, plus the church where the debates take place and every (expletive deleted,) museum and "place of interest" in London.
(The nice policeman outside 10 Downing Street used my mother camera to take a picture of me and my mother stood in front of the door. I doubt that would be possible these days.)

Happy days.

Harold Wilson (crap politician but affable sort of bloke) would wander round London accompanied by a lone policeman who he would introduce with the words, "This is Fred. He is the man that shoots the man that shoots me."

Things have gotten a lot sadder recently.

Happily the lass does not appear to be badly hurt.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Speakers Corner is one of the many places my mother dragged me to as a child, plus the church where the debates take place and every (expletive deleted,) museum and "place of interest" in London.
(The nice policeman outside 10 Downing Street used my mother camera to take a picture of me and my mother stood in front of the door. I doubt that would be possible these days.)

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 26, 2021, 08:20:50 AM

I'm sure there is.  But I think Paddy Power should open a political betting page on whatever bullshit The Dick will come up with to obscure the fact you don't get stabbed at speakers Corner for crimes against fashion.

Personally I would not wear my "Je Suis Charlie" T-shirt in London,(or High Wycombe,) because I suspect it would be too dangerous:-

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 26, 2021, 08:00:05 AM
There is plenty of bullshine on internet forums with speculations.

I'm sure there is.  But I think Paddy Power should open a political betting page on whatever bullshit The Dick will come up with to obscure the fact you don't get stabbed at speakers Corner for crimes against fashion.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 26, 2021, 07:52:05 AM

Police have requested the public refrain from speculating on the motives of the attacker

There is plenty of bullshine on internet forums with speculations.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on July 25, 2021, 06:37:49 PM
Slang for a woman or lady.

I hope that she is ok

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57965251

The BBC report that she received a 'minor injury' after being slashed in the head with a knife by an indidual dressed in black while standing in Hyde Park wearing a Charlie Hebdo T-Shirt.

This is followed by the usual pretence that there is no CCTV of the incident, in the form of a public appeal for camera phone footage so the "support groups" know who they have to brainwash

Police have requested the public refrain from speculating on the motives of the attacker until Cressida can fabricate a tale to allow the reality to be obfuscated .....

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2021, 06:31:48 PM
What is a Hatun?

Slang for a woman or lady.

I hope that she is ok
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf