Main Menu

Today is Sunday

Started by Borchester, July 25, 2021, 12:47:51 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 26, 2021, 08:17:10 PM
Personally I doubt it was terrorism or she would be dead.
Well, it sure looks like whoever was dressed up as a Muslim woman has an Adams apple. Which if true would say it was premeditated.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on July 26, 2021, 08:17:10 PM
Personally I doubt it was terrorism or she would be dead.
OK

QuoteResponding to the attack, Hatun commented:

"I am upset and disturbed by what has happened to me. I am asking myself if I have done anything wrong? I am convinced I have not broken any law or incited hate. All I did was question Islam and I wanted to debate, discuss and to tell people about Jesus Christ. Speakers' Corner is a great place to do this, it is a shame that this has happened at the home of freedom of speech.

"Watching the video, the intention is clearly to kill me.

"I can't believe this has happened in broad daylight at Speakers' Corner. You do not expect such things to happen in Great Britain.

"Police inaction has led to what happened to me yesterday. In the past, they have seen it as easier to remove me than deal with people intimidating and threatening me. My attacker was not even afraid of the police as he did it right in front of them. It is heart-breaking that we live in a society where police do not want to arrest a Muslim for fear of being called 'Islamophobic.'"
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on July 26, 2021, 10:37:07 PM
Doesn't that come under the heading of 'beware false prophets!' ?
I'd say so, and Muslims would be wanting a fatwa against anyone saying such a thing.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 26, 2021, 09:29:44 PM

Where in the Bible does it prophesy Mohammed?

Doesn't that come under the heading of 'beware false prophets!' ?

cromwell

I like so many others on here been to speakers corner and you see some strange sights there.

However though it might be inflammatory it's free speech.....any religion that can't be questioned or even have the piss taken......well your gods not that powerful eh?

As for Hatun Im pleased her surname isn't coat,I'll get mine  :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 26, 2021, 08:49:17 PM
Some background:-

Overall I can't say that I am that bothered about what folk say. I just don't like the idea of them being stabbed as a result.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Well done for posting a Christian Concern for our Nation video, PS.
Where in the Bible does it prophesy Mohammed?
They hated that, didn't they?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Barry

The Met suggest it is terrorism.
https://news.met.police.uk/news/update-investigation-into-speakers-corner-assault-continues-431515

QuoteThe investigation is now being led by the Met's SO15 Counter Terrorism Command.

The incident is not being treated as terrorism-related at this time. Enquiries are ongoing and we continue to keep an open mind about possible motives.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on July 26, 2021, 11:27:52 AM
Yes, John, it is clearly terrorism. Stifling free Christian speech terrorism.

Dad took me to Speakers Corner on the early 70s.

It was interesting, but it was also ... civilised.

I went there a few years ago. It was anything but.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

The media and Police are working on eye-witness accounts and phone videos. And we can see on here how people can't even read and understand what's posted in clear stable type to know that if there's 40 witnesses there's likely to be 50 different stories...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

It transpire the woman's name is  Hatun Tash and the media reporting is somewhat vague and misleading to say the least.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on July 26, 2021, 11:11:52 AM
Careful, Borchester, there's been some lightning about.  ???

The woman was preaching at Speaker's Corner, it is emerging slowly.
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/07/25/claim-woman-preacher-in-charlie-hebdo-shirt-stabbed-at-londons-speakers-corner/

See?

It is just as I said, God is not just a spiteful old sod, he is a rotten shot.

It is about time He retired.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Barry on July 26, 2021, 10:14:48 AM
Sunday is apparently a day for declaring that God is Great.
In Arabic, of course.
That's mainly Friday round here — more noticeable by non-followers because there are fewer Islamics in Wetherspoons...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...