Time to move on ?

Started by Streetwalker, July 26, 2021, 06:32:14 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on July 26, 2021, 12:06:10 PM
No they don't,and you're not like most people here.
Nothing wrong with the Irish or our continental neighbours it's the eu people voted against.

Still you're playing a game and most people have seen through it

Can we afford to be choosy? Some folk here, you tell them to go away and eat shit and they immediately start boo hooing and rush off to the management.

Say what you like about HB, he has lead in his pencil   :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 26, 2021, 12:06:10 PM
Nothing wrong with the Irish or our continental neighbours it's the eu people voted against.

Strange one from HB as I never mentioned Ireland Mr C!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 26, 2021, 11:52:43 AM
Well said, Nick. I consider you one of the most erudite posters on these boards.

Like most people here, I never really liked the Micks. It's time we put our foot down and say feck off to the EU and the Irish.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HallowedBrexit

Well said, Nick. I consider you one of the most erudite posters on these boards.

Like most people here, I never really liked the Micks. It's time we put our foot down and say feck off to the EU and the Irish.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on July 26, 2021, 09:55:15 AM
If we want to drive in Europe we'll need an IDP. Because the EU will cherry pick a few bits of the agreement they don't like.
Oh, and they won't be able to have any UK fish without individual vessel licences.
Oh, and the border will be in its right and proper place.

So a few minor inconveniences and that is it?

Not much of a crisis but I suppose we have to accept that is all we will get.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 26, 2021, 06:32:14 AMThe question is though what happens in the fall out .
If we want to drive in Europe we'll need an IDP. Because the EU will cherry pick a few bits of the agreement they don't like.
Oh, and they won't be able to have any UK fish without individual vessel licences.
Oh, and the border will be in its right and proper place.

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 26, 2021, 06:32:14 AM
With the EU not budging on any proposals from the UK to unlock the Northern Ireland conundrum this week the UK will have another go and hopefully mean it  with invoking article 16 as plan B

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/boris-johnson-prepared-to-trigger-article-16-if-eu-does-not-renegotiate-northern-ireland-protocol-40686250.html

The question is though what happens in the fall out . Will it be a case of just giving the EU a few more billions to smooth a new agreement (its always about the  money ) will we once more take it up the rear  or are we entering the next phase of Brexit where our government finally finds its backbone and tells the EU how this is going to play out ?   

Makes sense.

The EU is unlikely tp back down because of the Polish business, but Boris knows that he won't lose any votes for telling the EU to go fly a kite. So it looks like a kefuffle made in heaven  :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2021, 07:15:25 AM
UK businesses will soon find ways to deal outside of the EU,

I doubt that very much.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 26, 2021, 06:32:14 AM
With the EU not budging on any proposals from the UK to unlock the Northern Ireland conundrum this week the UK will have another go and hopefully mean it  with invoking article 16 as plan B

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/boris-johnson-prepared-to-trigger-article-16-if-eu-does-not-renegotiate-northern-ireland-protocol-40686250.html

The question is though what happens in the fall out . Will it be a case of just giving the EU a few more billions to smooth a new agreement (its always about the  money ) will we once more take it up the rear  or are we entering the next phase of Brexit where our government finally finds its backbone and tells the EU how this is going to play out ?   

Time to tell the EU to go away in small jerky movements. We have deals in abundance, UK businesses will soon find ways to deal outside of the EU, if they don't then it's a shame.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker