Time to move on ?

Started by Streetwalker, July 26, 2021, 06:32:14 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 30, 2021, 11:01:38 AM
^^^
I apologise, because do appear to have missed both points in replying to (your) post #18 — perhaps you might be kind enough to highlight where you made them....

Ok, perhaps I didn't quote the 2 million in that post, my mistake but I did say the next round of terror attacks which should have pointed to the influx of Syrian migrants let in by Merkel. Which is the crux of the border controls we now enjoy due to Brexit.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

^^^
I apologise, because do appear to have missed both points in replying to (your) post #18 — perhaps you might be kind enough to highlight where you made them....
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 28, 2021, 01:53:27 PMAlthough I reckon I'm reasonably perceptive, I am neither a mind-reader nor telepathic. So I consider it unfair of you to criticise me for not realizing you meant the above when you posted:

My post quite clearly said 'Another', which should have suggested to you that something had occurred before. And if you had recognised that then the number 2 million would have pointed to my meaning. It wasn't rocket science was it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on July 29, 2021, 11:18:28 PM
I've misread him ?  I think he's a liar and self serving, he's untrustworthy and you think he's misunderstood.
I dont accept your point that the deal agreed was unacceptable and johnson basically planned to worm his way out using art16. Thats not how international trade deals are done. It is not the EU default position, it is the default position of the EU and UK, that is what the UK signed up to. It is not going to wash with the EU that the UK just ignores its obligations.
I dont know how this gets resolved, the easiest solution would have been the uk not agreeing a trade deal and then the EU would have prob imposed sanctions on the UK for a breach of the GFA but now the EU will seek redress through the dispute resolution system in the WA, and then impose sanctions. Its a right mess, but then that's what you get with a lying cheating weasel in charge.
The WA agreement is a binding international treaty, the UK needs to implement what it said it would do before it starts saying there's issues, the UK is carrying on like a spoilt 13yr old.

The point being Gerry is that the EU signed a contract that includes art 16 , its there for a reason .

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 29, 2021, 04:46:43 PM
You have miss read Johnson completely . Well you have miss read the conservative right who insisted that Johnson include the get out of Jail card (Aka art16)
I took the word unexpected out because it wasn't unexpected . We all knew that the free trade deal that was supposed to be the goal of both sides would have strings attached that would be unacceptable to the UK .
The EU default position is a border down the Irish sea and the break up of the United Kingdom , that is why we had to have other options in the event of suitable a trade deal not being struck .

So time to move on
I've misread him ?  I think he's a liar and self serving, he's untrustworthy and you think he's misunderstood.
I dont accept your point that the deal agreed was unacceptable and johnson basically planned to worm his way out using art16. Thats not how international trade deals are done. It is not the EU default position, it is the default position of the EU and UK, that is what the UK signed up to. It is not going to wash with the EU that the UK just ignores its obligations.
I dont know how this gets resolved, the easiest solution would have been the uk not agreeing a trade deal and then the EU would have prob imposed sanctions on the UK for a breach of the GFA but now the EU will seek redress through the dispute resolution system in the WA, and then impose sanctions. Its a right mess, but then that's what you get with a lying cheating weasel in charge.
The WA agreement is a binding international treaty, the UK needs to implement what it said it would do before it starts saying there's issues, the UK is carrying on like a spoilt 13yr old.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on July 28, 2021, 09:42:00 AM
I never said that. You took out the word unexpected and for good reason. We both know Johnson is a clown and he did the best he could. He's bound the UK into an agreement that he now doesn't like. But the outcome was expected, checks between GB and NI. But the UK Govt by a large majority signed up to it, Brexit, everyone knew what it meant. Well this is what it meant, just get on with it. Put up your internal land border and internal customs checks, no need to once again go down a rabbit hole of abusing the NI protocol to then some time in the future backup.

It would have been so simple, trigger art50, use the 2yr period to negotiate trade deals around the world and then leave the EU with no deal, put up your border in NI. Then the UK could deal with the EU sanctions. I think thats why Johnson agreed the NI protocol, he knows something you don't, that is the UK NEEDS the EU.

You have miss read Johnson completely . Well you have miss read the conservative right who insisted that Johnson include the get out of Jail card (Aka art16)
I took the word unexpected out because it wasn't unexpected . We all knew that the free trade deal that was supposed to be the goal of both sides would have strings attached that would be unacceptable to the UK .
The EU default position is a border down the Irish sea and the break up of the United Kingdom , that is why we had to have other options in the event of suitable a trade deal not being struck .

So time to move on

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on July 28, 2021, 10:56:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjaqrPpdQYc
And you have nothing to say about the UK constantly asking for extensions.
I myself don't have a problem with it, gives the UK time to get it's house in order and make preparations, if anything 3months isn't long enough.

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on July 28, 2021, 06:38:58 PM
Your lucky the EU is so patient and tries to limit the damage from brexit for both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjaqrPpdQYc

Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 28, 2021, 05:10:38 PM
If you want to play with quotes of which others have wrote then it will bite you on the arse . Dont start crying Gerry when what you do is reciprocated  .

Nobody liked the WA but it was the only way we could get Brexit over the line with our remoaner parliament . My only compliant is that once it was achieved the Tories still tried  to talk civilly to the EU . There was a point to play hardball and it was some time ago .
If the Tories put a permanent border in the Irish sea and annex Northern Ireland  they are toast and they know it .  They would much rather rightly piss off the EU  and for that matter the Irish
Very different, what you did was to misrepresent what I said, andvto try make a point from that. What I did was tell you I was altering what you said.
You did not need s WA or anything like it. All you needed to do was trigger art50, which was done and let time take its course and by doing nothing else you would be out. As for talking civilly, maybe to the EU's face but behind its back there was plenty of bluster and contempt.

Funny how you left j
End Jan 2020 and only in the last couple of weeks have you yet again asked for another extension, a short 3 month one, but an extension all the same. Your lucky the EU is so patient and tries to limit the damage from brexit for both.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on July 28, 2021, 09:42:00 AM
I never said that. You took out the word unexpected and for good reason. We both know Johnson is a clown and he did the best he could. He's bound the UK into an agreement that he now doesn't like. But the outcome was expected, checks between GB and NI. But the UK Govt by a large majority signed up to it, Brexit, everyone knew what it meant. Well this is what it meant, just get on with it. Put up your internal land border and internal customs checks, no need to once again go down a rabbit hole of abusing the NI protocol to then some time in the future backup.

It would have been so simple, trigger art50, use the 2yr period to negotiate trade deals around the world and then leave the EU with no deal, put up your border in NI. Then the UK could deal with the EU sanctions. I think thats why Johnson agreed the NI protocol, he knows something you don't, that is the UK NEEDS the EU.

If you want to play with quotes of which others have wrote then it will bite you on the arse . Dont start crying Gerry when what you do is reciprocated  .

Nobody liked the WA but it was the only way we could get Brexit over the line with our remoaner parliament . My only compliant is that once it was achieved the Tories still tried  to talk civilly to the EU . There was a point to play hardball and it was some time ago .
If the Tories put a permanent border in the Irish sea and annex Northern Ireland  they are toast and they know it .  They would much rather rightly piss off the EU  and for that matter the Irish

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 28, 2021, 01:15:59 PM
Perhaps you should question your understanding of the English language, nowhere did I say or suggest that.
My point was regarding the 2 million unchecked Syrian 'Refugees' that just wandered into the block with their shiny new trainers on.
Although I reckon I'm reasonably perceptive, I am neither a mind-reader nor telepathic. So I consider it unfair of you to criticise me for not realizing you meant the above when you posted: 

Quote from: Nick on July 27, 2021, 10:57:40 AM

You'll see how good it is when the next round of terror attacks hit the streets of France, Belgium and Germany.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2021, 05:59:40 PM
We should be getting quite concerned about you. I used to think the board's Cornish resident was its contender to join the ranks of the Trump branch of the NRA — but to imply that either the EU Commission or the UK Government would initiate or sanction terror to further their objectives is delusional...

Perhaps you should question your understanding of the English language, nowhere did I say or suggest that.
My point was regarding the 2 million unchecked Syrian 'Refugees' that just wandered into the block with their shiny new trainers on.

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 28, 2021, 10:43:20 AM

Shithead politicians who lie through their teeth.

Mind you, at least our politicians didn't pick up an armalite, don a balaclava and trigger a roadside IED to gain credibility in the eyes of their voters ...

No your past politicians, "gentlemen", killed millions in Ireland, India and around the globe in the glorious empire building, sure didn't you free the poor peasants, so what if a couple of million died.

You see to get out of the EU union you just say your leaving. To get out of the UK union you have to shoot your way out. Let's see how Scotland get's on.

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT on July 28, 2021, 10:38:28 AM
Yes you could have done that, nobody would have lifted a finger to try stop you. They may have asked that you stay or even pleaded that you don't so as to limit the damage. But they (EU) would have done nothing to try stop you, as there is nothing the EU could do.

So why didn't you ? what is it about the EU that the UK keeps asking for extension after extension to not leave ?

Shithead politicians who lie through their teeth.

Mind you, at least our politicians didn't pick up an armalite, don a balaclava and trigger a roadside IED to gain credibility in the eyes of their voters ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GerryT

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 28, 2021, 09:51:09 AM
We should have done something far simpler: Tell you and your precious EU to feck off and leave right away.

Yes you could have done that, nobody would have lifted a finger to try stop you. They may have asked that you stay or even pleaded that you don't so as to limit the damage. But they (EU) would have done nothing to try stop you, as there is nothing the EU could do.

So why didn't you ? what is it about the EU that the UK keeps asking for extension after extension to not leave ?