Time to move on ?

Started by Streetwalker, July 26, 2021, 06:32:14 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 31, 2021, 01:25:00 PM
And as everyone knows, I've been asking for years for one of the remainers to show me something that is only produced within the EU. Alas they always ignore the question, strange isn't it!!
I guess the "fortress Britain mentality" where desire never extends beyond cheese in slices, instant coffee, sliced bread, mashed potatoes, fried chicken and fish, Primark clothing, trainers, British brewed lager, cheap Chinese cars, etc, etc, etc, life would be bearable.   

But it would be like the USSR and East Germany where quality, modernity and comfort were sacrificed to producing things that aided survival and the continuation of the state, but brought no joy and little satisfaction. 

There are many things the British and Britain does well. And there are many more things EU countries do well too. Each can survive cut off from the other. But for me the UK would be a sadder place without the choice of food, drink, clothing, cars, and input of ideas and innovation from EU countries...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on July 31, 2021, 01:45:59 PM
The odds and sods like microswitches do but the bulk are made in Europe.
Germany in particular makes a lot of "Universal" aftermarket parts. A trade the UK lost decades ago.

rubbish.

i caravan for example , and have owned many caravans down the years. Baileys of bristol and many other so called british caravans come in bits on a boat from china and get to be called british as they are assembled in plants in the uk by eastern europeans.

when parts need replacing , cracked window for example , i had to order the window from the middle man in the eu , (netherlands) which in turn had come to the eu from a boat from china.

You are conflating assembley plants in the eu with where the actual components are made , much of which as said comes from the far east not europe.

you voted brexit to stop eu immigration remember so why ae you bleating about it now after you you won brexiters the referendum?

Nothing more than opportunistic anti tory shite as ever from you pappy , where you dance on the head of a pin and cast what little principles you have aside to scream tory bad.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on July 31, 2021, 01:40:49 PM
Most of those vehicle spare parts come in bits on a boat from china and go onto middle men in the eu before reaching their final destination.

The odds and sods like microswitches do but the bulk are made in Europe.
Germany in particular makes a lot of "Universal" aftermarket parts. A trade the UK lost decades ago.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on July 31, 2021, 01:38:28 PM
Most vehicle spare parts for a start. (My "Japanese," car for instance, was produced  in several factories across the EU.)

Most of those vehicle spare parts come in bits on a boat from china and go onto middle men in the eu before reaching their final destination.

papasmurf

And as everyone knows, I've been asking for years for one of the remainers to show me something that is only produced within the EU. Alas they always ignore the question, strange isn't it!!

Most vehicle spare parts for a start. (My "Japanese," car for instance, was produced  in several factories across the EU.)

Thomas

nick pappy isnt a remainer , he voted brexit and supported it and only about turned latterly when the tories jumped on board the brexit bandwagon.

He was a vocal opponent of eu immigration for years , and were the old forum still available i could damn him with his own words.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 31, 2021, 08:34:11 AM
Until you need something that is only produced in Europe.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Claudia Cardinale ?

Well maybe, but the Buggers of Brussels didn't have the sense to offer her up as part of the trade deal so there you are.

My take is that Ulster is an unsolvable mess than no one has a solution to and about which all sides will be happy to chunter on about until the Dail Eireann becomes a subsidiary of PricewaterhouseCoopers and the Northern Irish become Christian. I admit that the former is more likely than the latter, but either way nothing much will happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG_6nbanzqw
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on July 31, 2021, 11:29:20 AM
The EU are implementing their side of the agreement and giving the UK further extensions (requested by the uk) so as the uk can get prepared.

The easiest trade deal in human history
Over ready
The EU is no less full of bullshit than our own politicians they are fronting exactly the same thing, the difference is we are smart enough to see it and admit it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 30, 2021, 09:16:31 PM
It works both ways , jog on
The EU are implementing their side of the agreement and giving the UK further extensions (requested by the uk) so as the uk can get prepared.

The easiest trade deal in human history
Over ready

patman post

Yep. 
There's nothing else like a Gallic Shrug...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 30, 2021, 10:30:24 PM
No point in dealing with the Eu when we can go global.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Streetwalker link=topic=3804.m
Nopsg67527#msg67527 date=1627676191

No point in dealing with the Eu when we can go global.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on July 30, 2021, 02:20:34 PM
Exactly, a reason.
Not liking what you signed up to is not a reason.
Not implementing your treaty obligations is not a reason
Not seeking redress through the agreed process, the joint committee is not a reason.

The UK is loosing alot of international credibility. A country that signs agreements one day and discards them the next, who can trust that ?

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 30, 2021, 05:57:42 AM
The point being Gerry is that the EU signed a contract that includes art 16 , its there for a reason .
Exactly, a reason.
Not liking what you signed up to is not a reason.
Not implementing your treaty obligations is not a reason
Not seeking redress through the agreed process, the joint committee is not a reason.

The UK is loosing alot of international credibility. A country that signs agreements one day and discards them the next, who can trust that ?